Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 9/30/2016 3:18:10 PM EDT
Looking for someone to do threading on a 10/22 barrel. Prefer CR area.
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 12:49:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Have *heard* decent things about 2nd Amendment Co. but I make the drive out to Baxter to see Mike @ Controlled Chaos.
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 6:04:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Not sure if Dave @ 2A Co does the whole machining / smithing thing in house, I'd call him. If you head West to CCA, stop at Brownells, it's a candy store.
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 2:06:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Not sure what it'd cost, but you could probably just find a factory threaded barrel on eBay for a decent price ot just upgrade to a tactical solutions or Kidd barrel that's threaded. If your mechanicaly inclined you can get 1/2-28 barrel tapping kits on eBay as well and do it yourself.
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 8:33:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Call up Midwest Shooting Supply in Hiawatha. I hear they have some sevices available now. I cannot guarantee though. I would think that any machine shop could handle the job though. Reliable Machine near the airport could probably help you, if the barrel is seperate from the receiver. Also Sadler machine or Hupp Electric have quality ms services.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 11:38:20 AM EDT
[#5]
After checking prices on machine work I just went ahead and bought a new barrel. it was less expensive.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 12:56:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Seems unreasonable. Sucks for you.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top