Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2016 7:23:39 PM EDT
Obviously the current flooding situation means many places are currently closed, but I am looking for places that do rentals.

The wife and I are wanting to try out a ruger LC9s and a ruger 22/45 lite before buying and we just want to see how they feel/shoot.

I will be looking online for places, but I would also like any suggestions on places that may be friendlier and/or cheaper for rentals as well.

Alternatively if there is anyone that has one in the Wloo/CF area that would be willing to meet at a local range and let us take a look that would be just as great.

I apologize if this seems like an odd post/request, but as much as the handguns feel good in hand in the store we would really like to get a chance to actually fire them before purchasing.

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 10:18:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I've gone here several times.

http://midwestshootingsupply.com/

Stay safe this week.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 7:59:40 AM EDT
[#2]
The only place I know of is Midwest shooting supply.

We are going to start renting machine guns out at our shop, but that doesn't help you much.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 8:32:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks both for the reply, I'll check that out and continue keeping an eye on this post.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 10:50:39 PM EDT
[#4]
There is, or was, Sports Outfitters in CR.

Owner was a complete fucking asshole, so I haven't been there in 20 years. I heard his son took over and its much better now, FWIW.

Is DSM an option?
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 4:35:18 PM EDT
[#5]
We hardly ever get over to DSM. I think I'll just have to bite the bullet and make a choice. Paying for a member ship, hour for the wife and I, then handgun rentals would run almost $100 by itself plus gas. May as well put that towards a gun.
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 1:58:30 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm about 40 mins west of cedar falls and I have some 22/45's you can try out. We have a range right here in town. I've shot a Ruger lc9 and didn't like it at all, but I have a Walther CCP you can try.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 7:56:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There is, or was, Sports Outfitters in CR.

Owner was a complete fucking asshole, so I haven't been there in 20 years. I heard his son took over and its much better now, FWIW.

Is DSM an option?
View Quote

S.O. not much better with the son, imo. Been twice in 27 yrs.Jacked up prices and rude/shitty.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 7:57:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've gone here several times.

http://midwestshootingsupply.com/

Stay safe this week.
View Quote

This. Also suppressor rental.
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 6:19:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Obviously the current flooding situation means many places are currently closed, but I am looking for places that do rentals.

The wife and I are wanting to try out a ruger LC9s and a ruger 22/45 lite before buying and we just want to see how they feel/shoot.

I will be looking online for places, but I would also like any suggestions on places that may be friendlier and/or cheaper for rentals as well.

Alternatively if there is anyone that has one in the Wloo/CF area that would be willing to meet at a local range and let us take a look that would be just as great.

I apologize if this seems like an odd post/request, but as much as the handguns feel good in hand in the store we would really like to get a chance to actually fire them before purchasing.

Thanks
View Quote

I know it is probably out of your travel area but if you are ever in the Quad Cities and want to shoot, Davenport Guns has an indoor range with gun rental. Just a more fyi than anything.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top