Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2016 11:06:17 PM EDT
I am looking for someone to laser engrave a few glock slides.  I would prefer to keep the business in Iowa and am looking to see if anyone on here does laser engraving or if you know someone who does it in Iowa.  Any info would be much appreciated.

John
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 12:08:25 PM EDT
[#1]
You can try Ankeny laser engraving. I know they do metal work and custom work, not sure about gun parts though. might be worth a call anyway.
I have personally never used them but a buddy of mine had some metal plaques done for his garage and they look pretty good.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 2:42:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 11:50:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm pretty sure Creative Arms in Des Moines does it.
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 5:46:19 PM EDT
[#4]
We have a funeral home clise by that does laser engraving. They might look at it
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 9:45:30 PM EDT
[#5]
just don't use whoever Controlled Choas Arms uses.  Off center, where it shouldn't be, looks like shit.
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 1:12:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
just don't use whoever Controlled Choas Arms uses.  Off center, where it shouldn't be, looks like shit.
View Quote

First negative feedback I've heard associated with CCA.

Pics?

ETA: All my interactions with CCA have been flawless. Great cerakote job on my 1911, Dave helped me finish my AR pistol upper, and within 4 shots figured out what the issue was with the cycling. It's been flawless since.

Link Posted: 11/18/2016 4:35:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

we've used creative arms for quite a bit of it, and they do a great job.  i have a customer that does a bunch of it that bought a machine and we've been using him since he's only a couple miles away.  i'm pretty sure he did yours jack.  

first, my apologies.  this must have slipped past me, and i'll gladly make it right.  in most cases it can be blasted off, cerakoted, then relazered if there is an issue.  

second, if you give me a holler, we can get it worked out jack.

-m  
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 10:08:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Did you bring this to his attention? Or did you just want to blast him without letting him make it right?
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top