Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 9/7/2016 12:19:23 PM EDT
Iowa code 724 references "loaded firearms" several times but I'm not seeing where that term is defined.  Can someone point me to the part of Iowa code where that is defined?  If it is not defined in the law, are there any cases you know of where it is referenced?  I realize the term should be pretty self-explanatory, but nothing involving the law is ever that simple - Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 9:27:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I am unaware of where it is directly defined.  However, the 483A.36 section of code indicates that an attached loaded magazine is considered a loaded firearm

https://coolice.legis.iowa.gov/Cool-ICE/default.asp?category=billinfo&service=IowaCode&input=483A.36

They define "gun" in 483A.35, so one might think it would be in that area, should such a definition exist in code.  However, it does not seem to be.

I hope you are able to find a more definitive answer.  If you do, please post up with it.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 8:19:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am unaware of where it is directly defined.  However, the 483A.36 section of code indicates that an attached loaded magazine is considered a loaded firearm

https://coolice.legis.iowa.gov/Cool-ICE/default.asp?category=billinfo&service=IowaCode&input=483A.36

They define "gun" in 483A.35, so one might think it would be in that area, should such a definition exist in code.  However, it does not seem to be.

I hope you are able to find a more definitive answer.  If you do, please post up with it.
View Quote

This-and hunting regs also consider blackpowder unloaded if the nipple is off, or flash pan is empty on a flintlock.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top