Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 9/5/2016 12:52:20 AM EDT
Was cleaning game this afternoon at my inlaws' farm(teal and dove), their yard got flooded quite a bit with the last storms. Found a military challenge coin from the 320th-according to google it's an Air Force unit from DC. No paint remaining, the one I found on ebay is colored on at least one side, but still something I didn't expect to find on a farm in IA with no family or friends other than me being former military. Will try posting pics when I get it cleaned up(lots of dirt and some soot-I found it on his burn pile).
Best I could do with my cheapie camera and poor light in my computer room, my best lens for pics like this is loaned to a coworker.
" />

" />

If anyone knows a 320th member who wants it, let me know. I'd like to see it go to someone connected to the unit-common or not.
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 6:45:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Was cleaning game this afternoon at my inlaws' farm(teal and dove), their yard got flooded quite a bit with the last storms. Found a military challenge coin from the 320th-according to google it's an Air Force unit from DC. No paint remaining, the one I found on ebay is colored on at least one side, but still something I didn't expect to find on a farm in IA with no family or friends other than me being former military. Will try posting pics when I get it cleaned up(lots of dirt and some soot-I found it on his burn pile).
View Quote

That's way cool only think I've got from the floods are. Less junk in my basement and lots of overtime hauling rock to repair roads would be cool to see pictures when you get it cleaned up
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 10:23:11 AM EDT
[#2]
There are several "320th"'s in the USAF.  There's the 320th TRS at Lackland, the 320th AEW at Bolling (currently commanded by Sharon Dunbar, who was my Group Commander at Lackland when I went through BMT), the 320th Air Refueling Squadron, 320th Missile Squadron, and the 320th STS (special tactics squadron) that I know of.

Given the basic-ness of the coin, I'm going to say it's likely from the 320th TRS, so anyone who went thru AF BMT that was assigned to that squadron would be the most likely recipient.
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 11:46:53 AM EDT
[#3]
I think that after a weekend of binge watching Aquachigger's videos on YT, I'm going to start underwater scavenging.

Crappy thing to 'get into' right as it gets cold
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 6:21:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Forged with pride screams 320th TRS to me.
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 9:15:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Forged with pride screams 320th TRS to me.
View Quote

According to the one I just found on ebay, 320th TRG. Offer still stands, if a member who is/was part of that unit wants it, it's theirs.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top