Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2016 8:04:33 PM EDT
Sitting at the dinner table last night I was all of a sudden struck with extreme pain on my back right side.  So bad I could not even stand up.  Took about 2 people to get me up off the floor and get me into the car and off to the hospital.  Stayed the night still struggling with the pan and nothing they gave me helped. An MRI and X-rays later I have protrusion on my spine.  They consulted a neurosurgeon who I now have an appointment with on Wednesday. So here I sit. Barely able to walk and in To s of pain even with all the drugs.   We are suppose to close on our new house in a few weeks and I was suppose to start the remodel on it.
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 8:51:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn man. Hope they get you fixed up quick. What area of Iowa you in?
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 9:31:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Mason city
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 6:46:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Mason city
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mason city

are you staying in mason or are you heading to Rochester to get checked out?
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 9:27:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mason city

Staying in Mason. We have to great neurosurgeons here that I both know personally.
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 5:21:41 PM EDT
[#5]
We could study up on youtube and have a "build" day where we do your surgery for you.
And I could put a dog tag in with our names on it, like putting your name in concrete when you pour a driveway.
Get better man.
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 11:06:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
We could study up on youtube and have a "build" day where we do your surgery for you.
And I could put a dog tag in with our names on it, like putting your name in concrete when you pour a driveway.
Get better man.
View Quote

You're funny man.  It just really sucks being laid up. Can't really do anything and my poor wife is doing everything plus working.  Hopefully things will get better as we just bought a house that we are closing next month on that need some renovation.
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 7:04:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You're funny man.  It just really sucks being laid up. Can't really do anything and my poor wife is doing everything plus working.  Hopefully things will get better as we just bought a house that we are closing next month on that need some renovation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Get better man.

well if you need a hand for a day with work on/around the house I would be happy to help for a day if the wife lets me, she is due next week so depending on how shes moving and the kid I would be willing to lend a day of work.
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 8:26:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

well if you need a hand for a day with work on/around the house I would be happy to help for a day if the wife lets me, she is due next week so depending on how shes moving and the kid I would be willing to lend a day of work.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Get better man.

Thanks for the offer!  But sounds like you are going to have your hands full is she is due.  I remember those days and sleepless nights!
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 11:53:54 PM EDT
[#9]
My thoughts are with you. Spine/back problems are no fun. Having a competent surgeon makes all the difference. Good luck on the house closing and heres to a speedy recovery!
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 1:24:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Are you still around?  I work at Mercy and may be able to bring you things, or just stop by and chat a bit.
Godspeed!!
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 10:03:40 AM EDT
[#11]
I am.   Been a rough weekend.  I retained a lot of fluid and went through some withdrawal getting off steroids.   So I basically felt like shit all weekend.  I start PT tomorrow and have not slept for a few days either due to discomfort or just some of the most wild ass dreams.  Was up peeing every hour last night.  And then my 4 yr old was not the sweetest this morning and I pulled my groin a bit battling him.  Thanks for the offer too
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 3:28:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I am.   Been a rough weekend.  I retained a lot of fluid and went through some withdrawal getting off steroids.   So I basically felt like shit all weekend.  I start PT tomorrow and have not slept for a few days either due to discomfort or just some of the most wild ass dreams.  Was up peeing every hour last night.  And then my 4 yr old was not the sweetest this morning and I pulled my groin a bit battling him.  Thanks for the offer too
View Quote

Pulling for you man. Will keep you in my prayers.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 8:24:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Are you still around?  I work at Mercy and may be able to bring you things, or just stop by and chat a bit.
Godspeed!!
View Quote

My wife has been there 15 years also
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 7:30:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Get better man.
View Quote

as fun as that sounds...  lol...

hang in there man!
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:30:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

hang in there man!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Get better man.

hang in there man!

Thanks Mike.  Had second PT today and walked out, alive, but sore.  Three times a week for the next 3 weeks.  And now just sitting here watching The Goonies!  I have to get better for this house remodel!  It's been a hell of a year between this, my moms cancer, and all the other crap.  Not complaining, just venting.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:18:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Back pain is the WORST and people who haven't had it don't get it. Here's to a speedy recovery.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top