Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 8/3/2016 9:38:27 PM EDT
Anyone else going?
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 9:59:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I honestly had no idea he was going to be in town.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 11:56:59 AM EDT
[#2]
I went to the one in CR just to hear him talk...

Was pretty circular about nothing and as soon as he thought he was losing the crowd he'd mention some affectation of 'crooked Hilary' and the crowd would go nuts. He also randomly mentioned that liked John Deere (assume he had a talking point to hit).

If you're going to show your support, great. If you're going to learn something new.... not worth the trip/hassle IMO.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 9:20:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I went to the one in CR just to hear him talk...

Was pretty circular about nothing and as soon as he thought he was losing the crowd he'd mention some affectation of 'crooked Hilary' and the crowd would go nuts. He also randomly mentioned that liked John Deere (assume he had a talking point to hit).

If you're going to show your support, great. If you're going to learn something new.... not worth the trip/hassle IMO.
View Quote

That's kinda disappointing to hear. How long did it last?

I'm a huge fan of the Olympics, and want to make sure I'm home in time for the opening ceremonies tomorrow night. Lame, I know.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 11:25:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, I'm locked in to going, even if I have to watch the Olympic opening ceremonies on DVR.

Link Posted: 8/5/2016 6:11:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Just in case anyone is planning on going to any of Trump's appearances, they weren't letting anyone take lighters in. Fucking lighters.
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 9:35:27 AM EDT
[#6]
So how was it?
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 11:23:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I enjoyed the overall experience. Like SamW posted, it was a pretty predictable speech. For me, it was the first time I've ever been to any sort of political event, so it was really cool to see all the behind the scenes shit like the campaign crew passing out signs left and right. There was some dipshit in front of me that almost got his face caved in by a couple vets for trying to shout out his support for Hillary, so that spiced it up.

Leaving the event, there was about 15 or so BLM protestors, all white.

There were some guys selling t-shirts outside that said on the front, "Hillary Sucks, But Not Like Monica," with a picture of each of their faces, and on the back, all text, "TRUMP THAT BITCH!" I did not fo on the t-shirt.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top