Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 5/23/2016 1:27:14 PM EDT
Sounds like the NWS has Iowa or at least parts of Iowa under the gun for some severe weather this week. Keep an eye out this week and hope that there will be no repeats of May 25, 2008.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 3:10:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Ugh, batten down the hatches.

We have enough chances throughout the week that odds aren't in our favor. Might be a good day to check your radio/battery/food/water stashes while the sun is still shining and most of the public aren't worried yet...
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 9:17:44 PM EDT
[#2]
What happened in 2008? I've only been living in Iowa for about 4 years.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 11:00:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Parkersburg Tornado

Flood of 2008
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 12:14:24 AM EDT
[#4]
F5 tornado took out part of Parkersburg. Not sure how long it's path was for sure. I know it went from P'burg to New Hampton to Dunkerton and down Dunkerton Road. Dad saw the damn thing when it was at Dunkerton Road.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 8:13:49 PM EDT
[#5]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Parkersburg Tornado

Flood of 2008

Holy shit.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 11:09:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Holy shit.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Parkersburg Tornado

Flood of 2008

Holy shit.

It was something
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 1:55:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Lived in Iowa City during the floods of 08, things got pretty hairy. Helped the local fish store move everything out of the basement and shop in a panic, and hundreds and hundreds of sandbags filled along the river near the library.

Not a fun time. After the waters finally receded, I took my motorcycle for a ride on the roads .Everything was coated in a brown dust and smelled like beached fish and worms. You could see the waterlines on all the buildings in IC/Coralville, and the trees and shrubs were all bare beneath where the water was.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 2:58:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
F5 tornado took out part of Parkersburg. Not sure how long it's path was for sure. I know it went from P'burg to New Hampton to Dunkerton and down Dunkerton Road. Dad saw the damn thing when it was at Dunkerton Road.
View Quote

I was in P-burg working and weather got nasty so we packed it up and headed back I did not see the tornado but sure am lucky I didn't
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top