Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2016 10:27:13 PM EDT
I take it they never settled anything with the privacy act? At least I did not see mention of it anywhere as last minute items they hammered out.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 12:59:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Nope.  Passed the House 97-1 and the Senate let it die.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 11:58:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nope.  Passed the House 97-1 and the Senate let it die.
View Quote

we worked on it to the last day, but he ISSDA would not let the legislation through without making a mandatory shooting component part of the bill.  i kind of figured a six year track record for success from iowans and 97-1 from the house bipartisan vote would set the tone.  apparently senate democrats think otherwise.

maybe they should not longer hold the majority?  
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 5:39:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Must be coincidence that I just tossed the last ISSDA member request in the rotary file.  Now if I could just figure out how to put Democrats in there too I'd feel much better.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 2:38:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Must be coincidence that I just tossed the last ISSDA member request in the rotary file.  Now if I could just figure out how to put Democrats in there too I'd feel much better.
View Quote

That's where mine goes every year as well.  I've gotten most of my coworkers to do the same.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 10:20:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

That's where mine goes every year as well.  I've gotten most of my coworkers to do the same.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lucky for both you guys, there will be a law enforcement/alternative for you soon.  stay tuned....  

holler at me if you're interested.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 10:31:18 AM EDT
[#6]
That's funny, it's as if you are implying that anyone here might not be interested!
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 6:38:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
That's funny, it's as if you are implying that anyone here might not be interested!
View Quote

i can't let the cat out of the bag, but there will be a big tent soon for the LE (of any type by the way - pd, sheriffs, DCI, FBI, ICE, Jailor, corrections, etc.) along with attorneys and the rest of the legal system, judiciary, exec, etc. to be represented if you're pro2A...  

it you fall into this category, i have a program that might be the bee's knees...  
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 9:03:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Will be looking forward to the details when they're available.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top