Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2016 12:18:00 AM EDT
So I have to go see Garth Brooks for my girlfriends birthday next week. I know Wells Fargo has gone full retard about being weapons free. My issue is we are going to the show that starts at 10:30 on a Saturday night.

What can I carry for protection between the parking lot and entrance? I'm thinking my PF-9 AIWB won't make the wand operators bat an eye, since it will be tucked behind a shirt.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:29:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Last time I was there for an awful country concert with the wife they wanded me "pretty okay." Guy asked if I was wearing a belt and asked to see the belt. It was one with just a small brass buckle. I wasn't carrying for this reason. I'm sure something small behind a decent sized belt buckle would easily throw them off though. Get in, go to bathroom, adjust as needed. I have no clue how the wands work though. If they only have one vibration for when they detect "something" or if the vibration changes based on the detected size of the object...
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 1:06:36 PM EDT
[#2]
A all plastic tactical knife or brass knuckles?

I don;t know if the wands are sensitive enough to be set off by things like artificial joints and pins and such. Some people who go through the airport carry a letter with them or the scanners can tell?
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 5:59:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I always carry at Wells Fargo
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 8:53:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I always have in the past, but now they wand everyone.

Anyone know if they wand all the way down the legs? Ankle carry possible maybe?
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 2:04:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When did they start using a wand?  Never had them do that to me.  Maybe it depends on the show?
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 11:07:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 9:31:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Owned by the county. County can't ban. Discussed many times here before.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 10:40:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Owned by the county. County can't ban. Discussed many times here before.
View Quote

I'm aware of that, but the warnings make it a tad awkward to argue carrying a gun.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 6:46:41 PM EDT
[#9]
I got wanded last month when i went to a basketball game.  I put my knife in my pocket and they didnt catch it.  I put my phone in the same pocket with the intention of of telling them thats what they were picking up.  Anyways, it wasnt a very solid plan but it worked
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 2:32:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Seems very hit and miss when they wand.  I went to a Boys State Bball game and carried in with no security check points.  
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 7:31:00 PM EDT
[#11]
I just got here to the concert.  They wanded waists and around shoulders pretty well.  Not even close to the feet so ankle carry would be fine.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 3:44:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I just got here to the concert.  They wanded waists and around shoulders pretty well.  Not even close to the feet so ankle carry would be fine.
View Quote

Thanks. They definitely didn't scan any lower than that waist high cord.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 5:43:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't think the grandma that wanded me could bend over that far anyway.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 2:34:11 PM EDT
[#14]
I wish I had seen this earlier....

I work at WFA as an usher.  They started wanding at all events except for the HS tournaments last fall.  They wand the employee's as well and I have never been prevented from getting in whether working or not.

First off I think it's mostly for show.  They few times I had to take tickets the wands are beeping like crazy.  Very rarely do I see them double check why it beeped.  I'm pretty convinced I could carry in an AR stuffed down my pants and not get caught.

Here's what I do.  Carry everything center line behind your belt buckle.  Move it to your normal location once your in.  That way if you do have someone ask to you to show you can lift your shirt just to your buckle.  I carry my Shield there and also have a fixed blade knife behind my belt.  never a problem.  At the beginning it was no knifes at all, but that has changed to a folder 3" or less is fine.  I've pulled my folder out in full view every time and they do not say anything.  
Enter at the busiest time.  If your first or last in they might take more time.  But when there is a line, they just want to move people through.

If you have a small child, carry them.  I have not seen anyone ask to put the kid down.  They just wand around them.  Also try to go for the young or the old.  Young just don't care and the old are just to old to do a good job.  Same deal with women as they are less likely to want to cause a scene.  Although there is one gal with short, red hair that is a real bitch and she wands very thoroughly.  Avoid her as she is most likely to give you flack.  Even more so than the head guys who wear black shirts.
I've never seen them go below the knees.  Even the head guys don't go below knees.

hope that helps.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top