Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 4/21/2016 5:04:18 PM EDT
I'm in need of a machinist.  I have a prototype and blueprints of a multi tool I want to produce. Having a hard time finding a machinist to do it, because initially the quantity is going to be small, and hopefully increase once I get it to market and the word gets out.  But most shops just don't want to mess with it, though it could turn out to be pretty profitable.

Any machinists in here be interested?
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 1:34:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not really sure why you would be looking for a machinist for making a multi tool. When I think of a multi tool I think of forgings, stampings, grinders with a fixtured cutter attachment to cut the striations on plier jaws, polishers, maybe a mill with fixtures for drilling the holes to attach the pieces together (could be done about as well on a good drill press especially for a small batch), a riveter if that is method of attachment and a way to heat treat various parts.

Machining parts would be prohibitively expensive.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 1:59:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Not really.  Not near that involved.  Had some blanks water jetted out for 5 bucks a piece, and the machining on them is minimal.  Actually, I'm thinking I'm gonna buy a mill and do it myself.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top