Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/1/2016 12:16:49 PM EDT
We can get them now.  How many are coughing up the money to do so?

Personally I have zero interest in them and no one in my crowd has expressed much interest either.  For those that want them, rock on.  Just not my thing.  Other stuff I'd rather spend money on.
Link Posted: 4/1/2016 12:32:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I am one of the folks ordering, assuming I can find what I want in stock. This rush to beat 41P has dried up a lot suppliers.
Link Posted: 4/1/2016 12:34:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am one of the folks ordering, assuming I can find what I want in stock. This rush to beat 41P has dried up a lot suppliers.
View Quote

This. I can't find what I want in stock, when I do I'll order it.
Link Posted: 4/1/2016 12:42:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Ordering. Can't make up my mind on what I want.  #research
Link Posted: 4/1/2016 12:53:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Definitely will be.  Built a blackout last year specifically for that.
Link Posted: 4/1/2016 1:12:47 PM EDT
[#5]
If you shoot at a range, it likely won't matter anyways. Someone will assuredly be happily blasting away with their Mosin next to you anyways.

That said, it'll be really nice for something like a carbine course w/ CCA

or

If you shoot on private property... no-brainer IMO.
Link Posted: 4/1/2016 1:22:20 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm in. I'm building a suppressed, AR15, Glock mag, 9mm pistol.

Brad
Link Posted: 4/1/2016 2:00:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Ordered   -    Because we can.
Link Posted: 4/1/2016 4:07:58 PM EDT
[#8]
You all want suppressors.  After you get one, you will get more.  Then you won't want to shoot unsuppressed guns.  They are simply mufflers for your guns.  You have mufflers on your vehicles right?
Link Posted: 4/1/2016 4:46:43 PM EDT
[#9]
I plan on ordering one this weekend.  Conducting research so I can enjoy that sweet, sweet freedom.
Link Posted: 4/1/2016 4:51:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
You all want suppressors.  After you get one, you will get more.  Then you won't want to shoot unsuppressed guns.  They are simply mufflers for your guns. You have mufflers on your vehicles right?
View Quote

I drive a Harley and a Square body chevy pickup Whats a muffler? just kidding !

I plan on doing research to see what I want and what will suit me best before I buy as I would like to view first hand what I want as it is something you will have long term
Link Posted: 4/1/2016 5:25:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm in. I'm building a suppressed, AR15, Glock mag, 9mm pistol.

Brad
View Quote

I built one last year  just for this reason. I'll probably make a suppressor for it.  I want to pin and weld it on to make it 16" so I can add a stock to it. Right now I'm broke.  I got a vehicle to fix so I can sell and fund a suppressor.
Link Posted: 4/1/2016 5:38:30 PM EDT
[#12]
I am from Iowa, but have lived in states where suppressors are legal for a while.  My advice is buy a 22LR can first.  They are the quietest and the most fun.  If you like it, buy a pistol and then a rifle can.  Most guys I know with suppressors end up with 3 or 4 after a while.
Link Posted: 4/1/2016 9:24:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Got my trust finished tonight will be ordering a 7.62 and a 22 if I can find one
Link Posted: 4/1/2016 9:39:08 PM EDT
[#14]
I like the idea of having a suppressor but really don't want to spend the money or go through the BS to get one. Now if we could have SBRs then I'd jump all over that and would probably then add a suppressor afterwards.
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 1:58:24 AM EDT
[#15]
If I had more money I sure would!
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 10:41:21 AM EDT
[#16]
I might get one eventually, but I'm not in that big of a hurry.
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 11:52:18 AM EDT
[#17]
2 in route on form 3s. 1 in jail waiting for approval on a trust.
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 12:11:37 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm researching building my own. Having unlimited access to a lathe is a lot of fun.
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 7:50:27 PM EDT
[#19]
i might have ordered a couple hundred...
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 9:26:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Ordered an AAC M4-2000 for the Tavor. I'm looking forward to it. Should be fun.
Now to find one for my Socom 2.
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 10:48:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Eventually. Will start out with one for .22lr.

I am unsure of where to get this trust thing at though, & what it consists of. Nothing I have ever dealt with, so need to find more info.
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 12:13:01 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I am unsure of where to get this trust thing at though, & what it consists of. Nothing I have ever dealt with, so need to find more info.
View Quote

Check out American Suppressor Association. They spent a ton to come lobby here in Iowa.
Also check this out: I'm going for sure, surprised not more people are talking about it.
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 6:02:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Check out American Suppressor Association. They spent a ton to come lobby here in Iowa.
Also check this out: I'm going for sure, surprised not more people are talking about it.
http://i.imgur.com/aooubcU.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/aooubcU.jpg

With the asa trust you have to pay $80 more to include the add/remove trustees which is included on the silencer shop trust if that matters to anyone.
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 6:21:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
i might have ordered a couple hundred...
View Quote

Any .22?
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 11:29:11 AM EDT
[#25]
I'll wait a couple of months.  Then, I'll get a 9mm suppressor and threaded barrel for a SIG P228.  I'll probably go through CCA.
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 1:21:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Just ordered a Dead Air Mask...
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 1:36:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Once I get the time to learn about the process/paperwork I plan to make one for my .300blk pistol.  Making my own seems way more fun to me
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 2:19:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Just ordered a Dead Air Mask...
View Quote

I think you will be happy.  I ordered one too.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 1:35:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Where are the particulars of the law?  I have googled and get elected officials bull shit chatter, nothing rally outlining the process for acquiring.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 3:35:00 PM EDT
[#30]
AAC 556-SD for the home gun,  going to go in on Septic's .22 group buy, hopefully, if he likes me and lets me.  
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 4:22:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Group buy you say????

I know he hinted at something for IFC members.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 6:31:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
AAC 556-SD for the home gun,  going to go in on Septic's .22 group buy, hopefully, if he likes me and lets me.  
View Quote

I missed something. What kind of .22 can?
And how do I get in on this if its something I want?
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 8:24:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think Septic has previously stated he has a special deal in the works for IFC members.  Patiently waiting more info.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 10:01:32 PM EDT
[#34]
I just initiated an order for a Mask from Mike.  It's damned nice of CCA to give discounts for IFC and NRA membership.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 3:37:28 PM EDT
[#35]
I got an aac tirant45m on order.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 4:06:55 PM EDT
[#36]
I want one but am having trouble justifying the money to myself-especially since what I want will likely be a custom item-I want to see how quiet I can make my .45-70.

.22, there might be a Maglite, freezeplugs and registration in my future.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 8:54:23 PM EDT
[#37]
45-70 is one of my favorites to load and shoot.  A quiet one would depend on the load and the gun.  I could probably get my replica Sharps Creedmoor quiet with the 535gr Postel, but the lighter boolits out of the Marlin would have to be backed down to get subsonic.  I know, just run BP loads through it!
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:30:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
45-70 is one of my favorites to load and shoot.  A quiet one would depend on the load and the gun.  I could probably get my replica Sharps Creedmoor quiet with the 535gr Postel, but the lighter boolits out of the Marlin would have to be backed down to get subsonic.  I know, just run BP loads through it!
View Quote

Mine is a 12" Contender. Plan was for a 500+ grain bullet loaded subsonic. Yes, it's punishing, but it's fun.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:31:45 AM EDT
[#39]
I am planning on a Silencerco Omega of course I still have to set up a trust...... wish I could get another one but damn they are expensive
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 10:21:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Got some ordered and want a few more, but need to resource more fundage and do a bit more research on where I want to go on the 5.56 can.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 4:06:52 PM EDT
[#41]
so who in Iowa is selling them somewahat close to retail.  Stopped and looked today real quick and they had a AAC m4 priced at $1,050 which is amlost twice whT silencer shop selles them for and is almost $300 above retail.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 4:31:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
so who in Iowa is selling them somewahat close to retail.  Stopped and looked today real quick and they had a AAC m4 priced at $1,050 which is amlost twice whT silencer shop selles them for and is almost $300 above retail.
View Quote

I was suprised at the price ranges even between silencer shop listed dealers
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 7:29:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 12:15:30 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

I guarantee all the shops are gonna be selling at retail or more..... one because the law just passed so all the first kid on the block guys will want them and second with 41F looming suppressors are harder to get than normal and finally third is its an election year so good luck on finding something in stock at retail or cheaper.

while silencer shop is nice and cheap you do have to deal with a Form 3 before you can send in your Form 4 so that is an extra 2-3 months wait
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 9:23:07 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm working all over Kansas, stopping at all the gun shops. One nice shop had the one I'm waiting to get in stock for $50 over Silencershop's "sale" price.

I know several people that Bought one from the Dakota shop that came to the Fairgrounds gunshow.

I'm not going to pay local retail shops a premium just because.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 10:24:07 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I guarantee all the shops are gonna be selling at retail or more..... one because the law just passed so all the first kid on the block guys will want them and second with 41F looming suppressors are harder to get than normal and finally third is its an election year so good luck on finding something in stock at retail or cheaper.

while silencer shop is nice and cheap you do have to deal with a Form 3 before you can send in your Form 4 so that is an extra 2-3 months wait
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That depends on if it paper or electronic filed form 3

Trust just needs to be postmarked by July 13

Joe
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 10:29:34 AM EDT
[#47]
As of right now there is no Eform 3. So it's done on paper.  From the dealers I've spoke to it's taking at least 8-12 weeks for dealer to dealer transfers.  

Also RWS Gunsmithing over in manning does have some demo and a few new suppressors in hand if anyone is interested.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 12:13:54 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not sure that last part is correct if its one of their listed dealers???
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 11:02:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll be 100% honest with you we are not selling at retail or higher.  In fact we are at MAP and working deals for LEO's members here and other groups we are apart of.  
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 11:05:35 PM EDT
[#50]
edited
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top