Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 9:34:08 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Do most use bolt actions for this?
View Quote
This will be the first time for this particular event. I am bringing a 5.56 AR.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 9:34:20 PM EDT
[#2]
double post
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 10:16:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do most use bolt actions for this?

In the past, they "leveled" it by making you pick up brass as you went.

Well brass catchers on an AR makes that a moot point, so it's just open now.

You should be able to cycle a bolt fast enough to not make a difference.  But if you're a heathen with an internal box mag, you'll have to single load them. That might cause some time issues.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 11:19:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Well, I cant make this event. Pinched a nerve in my back tilling the garden yesterday. I'm immoble. I'm pretty disappointment in myself, had everything set up and ready to go for Saturday. Damnit.  I will make the next one though.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 7:06:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Time to pack up the truck and play in the rain.

Hopefully you guys aren't afraid of melting, and I'll see some of you at 9.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 7:31:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Ill be there
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 7:56:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 8:52:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Heard you guys had a good showing it sounds like a fun shoot really hope I can make October one.

Thanks Joel and gang for making it happen and also the sponsors for slapping some incentive on the table. I'm excited to see the video or pictures
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:20:37 PM EDT
[#9]
The weather was terrible but we had at least 16 people there, so that was cool.  I shot like garbage(which was no surprise).  A few pics.

Link Posted: 5/1/2016 2:56:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Scores, scores and scores
Total of 17 Targets and Pistol stage was worth 5 Pass/Fail
(Please note that there were several ties on scores. Numerical order does not represent these ties.)

Best of Stage
Ship Stage 5/5
Josh C.
Prize by IFC - Midway USA Range Bag

Crew Strap 5/5 (Tie)
Dan T.
Prize by IFC - IFC Shirt
Paup
Prize by CCA - Certificate for Free Glock/1911 trigger Job

Roof Stage 7/7
Dustin
Prize by CCA - Certificate for free Glock/1911 trigger Job

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The prizes were awarded to best shooters of each stage. The final shirt that IFC sent went to our buddy Teddy, who took 4th (the top 3 shooters were awarded prizes already)
Big thanks to IFC and CCA for the prizes.
And an even bigger thanks to those who came out and hung out with us in the rain and made all the work worth it... Sorry for the 30 minute delay in the morning
We'll see everyone in October Hopefully, and It'll go smoother next time.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 3:20:37 PM EDT
[#11]

Link Posted: 5/1/2016 3:27:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks Joel and every one else that helped put this on. I had fun and learn a lot and know what mistakes I made
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 3:51:23 PM EDT
[#13]
That was a lot of fun.  Thanks for hosting and allowing me a chance to do something like this.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 5:27:08 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

whoa that is awesome.  Stupid scheduling conflicts.  I didn't know it was pouring like that up here at the time and makes 16 a pretty huge number.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

whoa that is awesome.  Stupid scheduling conflicts.  I didn't know it was pouring like that up here at the time and makes 16 a pretty huge number.
I was very impressed with the turn-out.  It was pouring down in sheets nearly the entire time.  And it was chilly.

Link Posted: 5/1/2016 5:34:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Looks great! Can't wait for October.

Not trying to embarrass anyone or make fun, but how does one score more hits than others but still fail? Or should we just wait for the pass fail instructions when we get there?
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 5:44:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Not trying to embarrass anyone or make fun, but how does one score more hits than others but still fail? Or should we just wait for the pass fail instructions when we get there?
View Quote

I am guessing that hits was for the rifle portion and the pistol was pass/fail
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 5:45:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

The pass/fail was just for the pistol section of the course
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 5:53:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. Pistol was pass/fail and worth 5 points.
everyone passed except Justin. He was using another shooters Glock and it had a malfunction. Instead of clearing it, he got frustrated (we were out there at 7:30 setting up and had been soaked all morning) and he just called it. So he failed and didn't get the 5 points.

I could change my spreadsheet and reflect total score (hits + pistol points) but that seems like a lot of work.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 6:00:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Thanks Joel and every one else that helped put this on. I had fun and learn a lot and know what mistakes I made
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
That was a lot of fun.  Thanks for hosting and allowing me a chance to do something like this.

You're welcome guys, I'm glad everyone showed up and we had a safe fun day.

Next time will run smoother, and I'll make sure we get more than 17 targets out there.

Quoted:
I was very impressed with the turn-out.  It was pouring down in sheets nearly the entire time.  And it was chilly.  

I was also impressed. I was thinking we'd see 5 or less shooters with the weather.
I think I finally warmed up around 7PM last night.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 8:09:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Thanks for putting this on. It was a good time even with the elements. I enjoyed the challenge.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 8:46:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 9:12:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Was a great time.  Thanks Joel for setting it up.  Hopefully my new 6.5 creedmoor will be ready by October.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 9:19:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Was a great time.  Thanks Joel for setting it up.  Hopefully my new 6.5 creedmoor will be ready by October.
View Quote

what are you building for a 6.5?

I thought about using my 6.5 gas gun but it just seems silly at those ranges might as well use a 556 gun
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 9:32:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Group Kickass-

Link Posted: 5/1/2016 9:41:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

everyone passed except Justin. He was using another shooters Glock and it had a malfunction. Instead of clearing it, he got frustrated (we were out there at 7:30 setting up and had been soaked all morning) and he just called it. So he failed and didn't get the 5 points.

I could change my spreadsheet and reflect total score (hits + pistol points) but that seems like a lot of work.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see. For some reason I didn't read the top of that column, I was just reading across. Thanks for the clarification.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 12:13:31 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I thought about using my 6.5 gas gun but it just seems silly at those ranges might as well use a 556 gun
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Howard 1500 in an XLR chassis.
We did have one .260 shooter, bit of over kill... but if that's what you like, go for it.

Nick, I'll see about a mortar stage for you next time
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 1:59:25 AM EDT
[#29]
I am going to see what I can put together food wise for the October shoot.

I apologize for forgetting my camera this time around. It totally slipped my mind as I was rushing out the door.

I personally enjoyed the rain, it added to environment in a way. None the less it was a ton of fun and I greatly enjoyed shooting and talking with everyone.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 4:40:34 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

We did have one .260 shooter, bit of over kill... but if that's what you like, go for it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup. 6.5 might be overkill but if it's worth doing it's worth over doing. Also it will be the only scoped rifle I have. To lazy to use my ar with red dot.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 3:43:11 AM EDT
[#31]
Good news and bad news:

I'd taken Oct 7 off from work so I could make the Oct 8 competition, but my cousin chose that day to get married without asking me first. So I'll have to miss out on yet another challenge, but at least it's for a good cause. Good luck to everyone attending.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 3:58:52 PM EDT
[#32]
The next match is of great interest to me. What distances are targets at?
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 12:10:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yea, that. ^^^
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 2:19:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Yea, that. ^^^
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea, that. ^^^

GREAT QUESTION!  Distances will be between 50-230 yards.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top