Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 8:43:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone in the Quad City area of the state or within a decent driving range of said, we stopped in at Davenport Guns tonight and the owner was there and she said she ordered something like $25k in suppressors and related items this afternoon. If nothing else it will be a good chance to handle the items and check them out in the wild.
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 8:46:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Great work!
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 9:03:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Just a reminder to thank your reps and senators if they supported it.  I emailed my senator the second it passed.  As soon as they recessed he responded.  Wanted him to know I appreciated him supporting it.
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 10:14:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just a reminder to thank your reps and senators if they supported it.  I emailed my senator the second it passed.  As soon as they recessed he responded.  Wanted him to know I appreciated him supporting it.
View Quote

Definitely
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 11:14:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Next for me is setting up a trust.
View Quote

Is there a trust for dummies thread anywhere?  
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 11:32:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Anyone with Trust questions please IM or email me.  Yes Davenport Guns ordered a lot of suppressors today, I sold them to Jeanelle :-). I can help
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 12:02:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Finally!!!  

Time to start piling up Franklins.
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 3:08:12 AM EDT
[#8]
The 4 nays:
Bolkcom
Dvorsky
Hogg
Quirmbach
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 8:05:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Next for me is setting up a trust.

There are several places that sell something like this it explains a lot
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 8:45:34 AM EDT
[#10]
FYI, if you guys want to return some love, contact the American Suppressor Association.  They have pre-packaged trusts already made up and for sale.  

ASA was supportive of our efforts all along, and Knox Williams, founder of the ASA, or his brother Michael, would fly out here from D.C. or Georgia at the drop of a hat.  They spent thousands of their own dollars to come out here and support us and this bill...A short notice flight from D.C. to Des Moines is $1,200 or thereabouts, and they were here many times.   So if anyone is shopping for a trust, give ASA a call...I reckon it's the least we could do to return the favor.
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 11:52:31 AM EDT
[#11]
The House adjourned at 10:08 a.m. until Monday, March 21, 2016, at 1:00 p.m.

Agree we need that we need to send a very strong message to those that supported us. I would email your Rep and Senator and thank them for their support or if they did not to support us respectfully express your disappointment.

I would suggest going a step above and beyond and email all those that approved this bill in both the house and senate.

I also like the idea of supporting those that supported us so I for one will give the ASA a very solid look as an avenue for a trust.
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 12:00:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
There is no start date in the bill.  This means suppressors will be legal in Iowa the moment Terry finishes the "d" in Branstad.

If you do a little math, you can figure out when suppressors will be likely legal.  
View Quote

Come on Terry, sign it by Good Friday so I can bring my cans down.
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 2:36:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
FYI, if you guys want to return some love, contact the American Suppressor Association.  They have pre-packaged trusts already made up and for sale.  

ASA was supportive of our efforts all along, and Knox Williams, founder of the ASA, or his brother Michael, would fly out here from D.C. or Georgia at the drop of a hat.  They spent thousands of their own dollars to come out here and support us and this bill...A short notice flight from D.C. to Des Moines is $1,200 or thereabouts, and they were here many times.   So if anyone is shopping for a trust, give ASA a call...I reckon it's the least we could do to return the favor.
View Quote

Just checked them out...Great deal.  $100.00 get a member ship for a year and your trust setup.  So excited!  was going to buy some reloading supplies this weekend...nope!  Once the governor signs I am doing the trust deal!

Thanks for posting info about them as I have no clue what I was going to have to do.
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 8:42:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Post a link and I'm looking to set up a trust. Might as well be them

Thanks

Joe
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 9:00:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/21/2016 2:38:53 PM EDT
[#16]

House adjourned until 8:30AM Tomorrow.

March 21, 2016:

The House will convene at 1:00 p.m.

The House convened at 1:04 p.m.

Prayer offered by Pastor Paul Collier from Mason City Presbyterian Church in Mason City, guest of Representative Steckman from Cerro Gordo County

Pledge of Allegiance led by Reagan Brown, House Page from Shannon City

Excused:  Finkenauer

Journal of March 18, 2016, approved

Democrats will caucus in Room 305 upon adjournment

Announcements

Republicans will caucus immediately in the Supreme Court Chamber

The House adjourned at 1:08 p.m. until Tuesday, March 22, 2016, at 8:30 a.m.

Link Posted: 3/21/2016 5:25:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am pleased to tell you that the House will consider the suppressor bill tomorrow morning.  We have a tentative signing date with the governor on April 1.  

Barry
IFC President
Link Posted: 3/21/2016 5:41:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Does anyone know if a NFA trust from another state will be good to go in the state of Iowa?  Do we have any savvy lawyers that can get that figured out?
Link Posted: 3/21/2016 6:18:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am pleased to tell you that the House will consider the suppressor bill tomorrow morning.  We have a tentative signing date with the governor on April 1.  

Barry
IFC President
View Quote

Great news!
Link Posted: 3/21/2016 9:02:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Barry
IFC President
View Quote

Excellent news!

Brad
Link Posted: 3/21/2016 9:28:13 PM EDT
[#21]
ATV carry up tomorrow
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 10:15:13 AM EDT
[#22]
Anyone know times they will be voted on today?
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 10:28:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Anyone know times they will be voted on today?
View Quote

The House is adjourned until 2pm so sometime after that. The bill isn't on the calendar but the calendar is showing 3/23 which is tomorrow's date so probably just an oversight. I'd tune into the stream at 2pm and see what happens!
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 12:20:12 PM EDT
[#24]
ATV carry passed Senate 43-4, with amendment.
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 12:59:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't see what is so bad about the amendment. Pass it!  Oops, armchair quarterbacking again.  
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 1:22:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I don't see what is so bad about the amendment. Pass it!  Oops, armchair quarterbacking again.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The amendment blows imho
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 1:31:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm sure all the people who are negatively affected by the amendment (which is basically everyone who ever carries any kind of a firearm on an ATV) greatly appreciate your lack of concern for their rights, and your desire to set their rights aside just to pass a watered down bill that eliminates two of the three common classes of firearms from the equation, and very vaguely restricts the third...The government wouldn't possibly abuse vague laws, now would they?  Naaaahhh...All in the name of progress though!

You're not being an armchair quarterback because it's not even Monday yet.  You're just being a pain in everybody's ass making unnecessary comments like that.  I see your and raise you a
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 2:00:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Looks like I'm gonna have to get a retention holster for my AR15 pistol....This amendment is retarded.
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 2:14:09 PM EDT
[#29]
I looked at what I think was the amendment.

Do they define 'retention holster' anywhere?
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 2:17:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Do they define 'retention holster' anywhere?
View Quote

Nyet, tovarich.
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 2:32:11 PM EDT
[#31]

The amendment is absurd!  

Let's not be a bunch of settlers.
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 2:41:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

The amendment blows imho
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The amendment blows imho

This is the part the IMHO neuters the bill.

"Line 21 A) The firearm is a pistol or revolver and is secured in a retention holster upon the person."

First this does not allow the use of any long guns even if on private property. I also have concerns that some like the DNR could live in a grey area of what is a retention holster. Since it is not clearly defined I could see it being used against someone at some point in the future.

If they want to say no hunting from ATV  like the other part of the amendment I am okay. Perhaps someone else will pose a flaw in that thinking.
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 2:43:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

"Line 21 A) The firearm is a pistol or revolver and is secured in a retention holster upon the person."

First this does not allow the use of any long guns even if on private property. I also have concerns that some like the DNR could live in a grey area of what is a retention holster. Since it is not clearly defined I could see it being used against someone at some point in the future.

If they want to say no hunting from ATV  like the other part of the amendment I am okay. Perhaps someone else will pose a flaw in that thinking.
View Quote

No Sir, you've got the gist of the problem.
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 3:33:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Oh I see, if it doesn't let you have a rifle or shotgun on an atv that is pretty useless.
Just stirring the pot.

On a positive note looks like 2279 passed.
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 3:57:34 PM EDT
[#35]
what does 'retention holster'  exactly mean
does is state handgun only or can you have a rifle that is strapped in a gun rack on front or rear of ATV
My Polaris UTV has a gun rack under the roof that will hold an ar15  or bolt gun strapped in
Are these retension devices as the weapon is not setting on your lap or laying on the seat

just curious on the definition

Link Posted: 3/22/2016 4:05:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
does is state handgun only or can you have a rifle that is strapped in a gun rack on front or rear of ATV
My Polaris UTV has a gun rack under the roof that will hold an ar15  or bolt gun strapped in
Are these retension devices as the weapon is not setting on your lap or laying on the seat

View Quote

The amendment does state pistol or revolver. Rifles and shotguns would be excluded. I also see things like AR pistols being an issue.
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 4:10:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

It means literally nothing, and everything, as it is not defined anywhere in Iowa Code.
Therefor, it is open to abuse-by-(mis)interpretation
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 5:18:04 PM EDT
[#38]
For those of you who missed it, the video of the House vote and discussion has been posted.  Fast-forward to 2:08:50:

http://www.legis.state.ia.us/dashboard?view=video&chamber=H&clip=H20160322135849490&dt=2016-03-22
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 6:22:17 PM EDT
[#39]
I got a kick out of the 211:20 call out of IGO/Dorr.
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 6:35:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

I love it !!!

and you can say for once a politician did not lie hahaha but really much thanks to IFC and NRA
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 6:39:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Kudos to IFC and all who helped get this passed!!

Anyone else see the completely pathetic email from IGO, at the same time taking credit for the bill and calling the organizations that helped pass it naïve, and saying it only helps the anti gunners?  Ughh.... Yeah go head and watch for the Truth About IGO to destroy them tomorrow...
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 8:16:51 PM EDT
[#42]

Will we be able to hunt coyotes with suppressors after it gets signed into law ?
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 11:04:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Will we be able to hunt coyotes with suppressors after it gets signed into law ?
View Quote

Unless/until there is something that says you can't I would guess so.  Haven't checked closely on what the hunting laws currently say, but I don't recall anything about suppressors being illegal.
Link Posted: 3/23/2016 12:10:06 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Barry
IFC President
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/23/2016 12:16:30 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Boom headshot
Link Posted: 3/23/2016 7:22:54 AM EDT
[#46]
Boom headshot
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/23/2016 8:00:26 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The amendment blows imho

There is more grey than black and white I thought IFC was against the amended version?
Link Posted: 3/23/2016 9:32:33 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

There is more grey than black and white I thought IFC was against the amended version?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The amendment blows imho

They are.

ETA: check out the latest post about the email sent out by IGO bashing the suppressor bill, and share it around.

Truth about IGO's latest post
Link Posted: 3/23/2016 2:42:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

here's the video of Rep Matt Windschitl addressing the House and the call out of the IGO.

https://youtu.be/QI5yy64TEEk
Link Posted: 3/23/2016 3:21:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

here's the video of Rep Matt Windschitl addressing the House and the call out of the IGO.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hopefully this is the beginning of the end for the scam that calls itself IGO/NAGR and Aaron Dorr's cash cow.
Page / 7
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top