Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 9/1/2015 4:30:37 PM EDT
I never take vacation and even more so, never get a chance to shoot any more.   So I loaded up all my gear, which made me sweat, headed out to hogsback today, and shot for most of the morning, which really made me sweat.  Hell even my pants were soaked.  I had a number of rifles that needed to be sighted, but more importantly needed to just be field tested to make sure they cycled right,etc.  

" />
" />
" />
" />
" />
" />
" />

A few things I learned today.  For starters, my shooting skills have fallen off a bit.  My Sign 522 shoots low, my new M&P shoots to the left and I will definitely be going back when its a bit cooler!   All-in-all a great day though
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 6:34:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey there, good ole lost buddy.
That there looks like a dangerous place for lone shooting.
I, ah, I'd be willing to sacrifice some time to be sure you aren't alone.
You know, for your safety.
Looks like a fantastic range though.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 7:16:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hey there, good ole lost buddy.
That there looks like a dangerous place for lone shooting.
I, ah, I'd be willing to sacrifice some time to be sure you aren't alone.
You know, for your safety.
Looks like a fantastic range though.
View Quote

I was not alone.  I had four rifles,two handguns, four cases of ammo and all the time in the world!!  But thank you for thinking of my safety first.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 7:19:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I was more curious how the 5.45x39 rifle would do.  That is the one with the ACS stock. CCA pinned my brake a few months ago when I was down there.  It uses a modified PMAG.  Surprisingly is cycled just fine.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:37:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Where?
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:55:59 AM EDT
[#5]
It's a public range just North of Lake Mills.

Nice setup with a rifle and handgun range.  I believe the local Boy Scout troop put in a lot of time to clean it up and build backstops.  Not sure if they still maintain it or the county guys have taken it over.

Get some characters out there on nice weekends, but better overall from what I've seen at other public ranges.
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 9:23:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Excellent. I'm still planning to make it out there one of these weekends really soon. I've been crazy busy and haven't have any time to shoot. It should be a crime.
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 7:10:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Excellent. I'm still planning to make it out there one of these weekends really soon. I've been crazy busy and haven't have any time to shoot. It should be a crime.
View Quote

Sent you an im
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 11:49:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Went out there with a friend about suppertime. Nice place. Shot up a bunch of .30-06(my M1 and Savage, his homebuilt 03A3) and a bit of .45-70 from my Contender. Someone had been shooting handgun halfway down the rifle range, found a bunch of .45 brass between the 50 and 100 yard targets(they came home with me). I can always use more .45 brass.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top