Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 6/22/2015 10:37:10 PM EDT

I'm here for the week for work, and extremely bored in the evenings.

The bartender at Applebee's recommend Time Out bar or something. Anything else to do in town in the evenings?

Link Posted: 6/23/2015 8:33:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Time Out is good as well as Legends at the bottom of the hill before you get to far into town on highway 30.    You could check out a Lumberkings game if they're in town.  They are down on the river dike.  There's a somewhat new gunshop up on the north end called Sureshot Gun shop.  There's a movie theater behind the Walmart that's fairly reasonable.  Clinton doesn't have too much exciting going on for them anymore it seems.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 10:40:35 AM EDT
[#2]
I experienced similar boredom during my week stay there.

About 10 years ago I spent a week in Clinton while putting in some flooring at the HyVee. Maybe it was just my timing, but it is the only time I have ever visited a place and watched someone get arrested every day that I was there.  My travels didn't even deviate much past the straight line between the Super 8 where I stayed and the store where I was working.

One night we had pizza at a place somewhere between the hotel and the store, but most time between work shifts was spent playing cards in the room or reading.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 8:42:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Not much to do in town except eat and go to Wally world. The two gunshops aren't really even worth driving out of the way for, imo.

Candlelight on the dike is a nice restaurant with a great view of the river, though.

EDIT: If you like Mexican food, La Feria downtown on 5th St South is the best place in town. Most times, you won't get half of your drink sucked down before your food is on your table, piping hot.

If you have any guns and have some sort of death wish, you can try the public range between Follets and Princeton on Rt 67. Do yourself a favor and turn around if there's more than 2 people there, though.

Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top