Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2015 12:32:01 PM EDT
Hey all, my car was broken into last night and my XDS .45 was stolen.  It's unique in that the mag has a Pearce pinky extension on it and the grip has some rubbery tape wrapped around it.  If you see or hear of anything please message me.  I have the serial number but don't want to post that in a public space.  Any help is appreciated, thank you.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 2:37:14 PM EDT
[#1]
It seems odd to me that you wouldn't want the serial number out there very publicly on a gun that has already left your control. The less public that serial number is, it seems it would be less likely the firearm will ever hit someone's radar who does cursory due diligence on their firearms purchases.  However, to each, his own.

For what it is worth, whenever I purchase a firearm FTF I check the serial number at hotgunz.com. I imagine there are a lot of stolen guns out there that will never go through a formal nics check once they leave the original dealer.

Good luck.  I've lost guns to thieves as well, and the topic really gets me worked up.
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 10:12:34 AM EDT
[#2]
You make a valid point....  The serial is XS619892.  I'll give hotgunz a try.  Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 10:24:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Why did you leave your gun in a car???
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 3:11:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Lesson learned
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 7:47:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

What?  You don't???
I leave guns everywhere for "just incase" scenarios - in the car, under the couch, behind the toilet, in the mailbox, in the hole in a tree out back... you gotta be prepared man!
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 12:04:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

What?  You don't???
I leave guns everywhere for "just incase" scenarios - in the car, under the couch, behind the toilet, in the mailbox, in the hole in a tree out back... you gotta be prepared man!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What?  You don't???

This isn't GD, smartass.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 7:21:25 AM EDT
[#7]
I used to keep one in my truck at all times, now it's just a $100 shotgun. I may go back to keeping a .22 pistol in the truck, at the new house I've already had to deal with some varmits so if i have one closer the better
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 10:46:31 AM EDT
[#8]
I usually dont but I had been driving a lot that day, it was, late and I was tired.  Also, if you're not going to offer anything constructive, kindly STFU.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top