Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2015 4:10:19 PM EDT
I have an 800lbs safe I need to move up stairs from my basement.  After I bought it, I paid 4 men and a truck close to $500 to move it down, I would really like not to pay that again.  I am looking for someplace in central Iowa that rents electric stair climbing dollies.  I thought I had one found at sunbelt rentals.  But despite what their website says they don't actually have one.  So has anyone seem them around for rent?
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 5:16:07 PM EDT
[#1]
FWIW  I had an 1,100 lb jobber moved from the garage up 3 concrete steps, down a full flight into the basement and then across the house for $300 here in CR. It's a lawnmower shop that happens to sell Ft. Knox safes. After seeing what the two big dudes and electric cart they sent go through to do it, it's worth the money every time... If for no other reason than stress, insurance, and lack of back pain.

I couldn't find anything powered in CR to rent either, and I'm glad it worked out that way.
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 5:20:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I am sorry that I can't help. However,if you find a local place that will do it, please post what you find here.
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 5:11:17 PM EDT
[#3]
There is a equipment rental place (I forget the name) which is located on 2nd Avenue in Des Moines south of North High School.  They rent electric safe dollies.  I think I paid $70 for a day rental a couple years ago.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 8:27:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Try Contractors Rental on 2nd ave in Des Moines. Right by North high school. (515)-244-7431

I drive past them all the time and they seem to have a ton of specailty equipment like what you are looking for.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top