Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 5/22/2015 7:11:53 PM EDT
Hey guys, tomorrow I'm driving from Missouri to Odebolt, IA to check out a used car.

I was just curious about what to expect regarding your CCW laws.  I think I read that my MO CCW is valid in Iowa, but is there anything special I should know about?  Do I have to tell the police I'm carrying if I get pulled over?  I'm guessing that carrying a loaded pistol in my car is kosher?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 7:46:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hey guys, tomorrow I'm driving from Missouri to Odebolt, IA to check out a used car.

I was just curious about what to expect regarding your CCW laws.  I think I read that my MO CCW is valid in Iowa, but is there anything special I should know about?  Do I have to tell the police I'm carrying if I get pulled over?  I'm guessing that carrying a loaded pistol in my car is kosher?

Thanks!
View Quote

First, this is not legal advice.

Your MO permit will be good in IA.  There is no duty to inform an officer unless they ask, then you must come clean.  "No weapons" signs do not have the force of law.  But, if you are asked to leave, you must, else you are trespassing.  Loaded pistol in your car is fine.  

No NFA in IA - just FYI.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 10:06:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Thanks!
View Quote

first google result for "iowa concealed carry laws" is good:
http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/iowa.pdf
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 11:54:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys!
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top