Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 5/20/2015 11:54:02 AM EDT
Has anyone been following the fireworks bill? Is it dead in the water? Or does it have some hope left?
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 12:04:30 PM EDT
[#1]
It's similar to the Gun Bill.  It has passed out of committee and just needs to come up for a vote.  I was under the impression it was going to be brought up and passed last week, however I haven't seen anything else come out.  It's a pretty crazy bill as it allows fireworks year round with extended hours on several holidays.  I am all for passing it, I just think they could have done a little better job of writing it.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 12:11:07 PM EDT
[#2]
But think of the children! Blood will be running down the streets!
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 2:51:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
But think of the children! Blood will be running down the streets!
View Quote

down the streets? you mean in the air when the fireworks blow UP!

It's kind of ironic reading the reason they were banned. Kids with sparklers burned down whole sections of town's, yet sparklers are still legal.

It sure would be nice not to have to buy them in missouri.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 4:55:35 PM EDT
[#4]
House passed it yesterday (separate from the standings bill that now has the omnibus gun bill language added to it.)

Follow along here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lets-make-Fireworks-Legal-in-Iowa/143095459102927

My rep voted for it, and Rep. Windschitl floor managed the bill.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 8:51:15 PM EDT
[#5]
So what's the word on this? They legal now?  Not that it has stopped me before, but if its legal now I might have to double the stash for the 4th  and celebrate both!
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 8:25:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Not sure, I specifically told Senators that while people are unable to teach their children gun safety (along with the 9 other important issues),  passing a fireworks bill with probably only make me even madder at them.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top