Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 4/24/2015 4:27:30 PM EDT
I am heading down to Toledo to attend and sure would like to see a couple of dozen fellow PRO-GUN supporters in the crowd.

The IFC needs your help. The Iowa Senate leadership is stalling the Omnibus Gun Bill once again. Senator, Steve Sodders, is a member of the Senate leadership team and plays a key role in scheduling which bills get a vote and which ones do not.

We need you to attend two public meetings being held by Senator Sodders this Saturday (April 25), and speak up about the Omnibus Gun Bill. The information for these public forums are as follows:

• Saturday, April 25 at 1:30: Legislative Listening Post in Tama at the Meskwaki Nation Tribal Center, 349 Meskwaki Road.
• Saturday, April 25 at 12 noon: Legislative Listening Post in Toledo at the El Campesino Restaurant, 401 W Highway 30.

thanks

"The first requisite of a good citizen in this republic of ours is that he shall be able and willing to pull his own weight."  --  Theodore Roosevelt

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 5:11:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I will see if I can get to the one in Toledo.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 7:10:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Please someone show up and give them an ear full
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:13:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Wired & Bionic-

Check your PM box.

If any one else is able to make it out tomorrow, drop me a line.

Good luck guys!

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 10:33:31 PM EDT
[#4]
So anyone show up?
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:47:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes several of us showed up.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:24:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

And what did they have to say
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:18:31 PM EDT
[#7]
i got feedback from several people on this.  

YOU GUYS WERE GREAT!  while i'm not sure i'm shocked at steve's answers, and frankly a politician's word means less daily, the fact you guys were able to get out and go make your expectations known is huge.  THAT is activism!

very cool guys.  thanks!
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:41:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
i got feedback from several people on this.  

YOU GUYS WERE GREAT!  while i'm not sure i'm shocked at steve's answers, and frankly a politician's word means less daily, the fact you guys were able to get out and go make your expectations known is huge.  THAT is activism!

very cool guys.  thanks!
View Quote

Very cool thank you to whoever showed up
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 10:24:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
...while i'm not sure i'm shocked at steve's answers, and frankly a politician's word means less daily,...
View Quote

What was Stodders' answer? Blowing up our skirts? Pissing on us and telling us it's raining? A good old-fashioned political slow-roll? Or something possibly honest and positive?
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 11:02:39 AM EDT
[#10]
double talk about IGO making things 'toxic' etc.  they can pass this thing right now.  there are 13 Ds ready to say yes and all the republicans except IGO's new pet (bertrand).  that's 3/4 of the senate, just like 3/4s of the house passed it.  TWICE...

all we have to do it is get opportunity to vote.  THE VOTES ARE SOLIDLY THERE....
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 12:28:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
double talk about IGO making things 'toxic' etc.  they can pass this thing right now.  there are 13 Ds ready to say yes and all the republicans except IGO's new pet (bertrand).  that's 3/4 of the senate, just like 3/4s of the house passed it.  TWICE...

all we have to do it is get opportunity to vote.  THE VOTES ARE SOLIDLY THERE....
View Quote

Aaah. I'll take "Notifying us that someone else is pissing on us, then pissing on us some more, and telling us it's raining" with a side order of "Slow Roll" for 300, Bob.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 1:38:07 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
What was Stodders' answer? Blowing up our skirts? Pissing on us and telling us it's raining? A good old-fashioned political slow-roll? Or something possibly honest and positive?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

...while i'm not sure i'm shocked at steve's answers, and frankly a politician's word means less daily,...

I went to the toledo mettign and his answer for sf427 there was he is worried about Stand Your Ground stuff getting put into the bill and it becoming a bad vote.

Link Posted: 4/28/2015 3:15:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I went to the toledo mettign and his answer for sf427 there was he is worried about Stand Your Ground stuff getting put into the bill and it becoming a bad vote.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's not a problem, all IGO and their pets ever do in these kind of situations is try to force a "procedural vote" to "suspend the rules" to allow them to append non-germain legislation. Then everyone votes that the IGO motion is out of order / not germain. Then the main bill gets voted on.
Oh, and then IGO blabs about the end of the world, send us money.

All stodders/gronstol has to do it stop blocking it, let it go to the floor vote, let IGO sing the fail song like every year, and then pass it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:31:55 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

That's not a problem, all IGO and their pets ever do in these kind of situations is try to force a "procedural vote" to "suspend the rules" to allow them to append non-germain legislation. Then everyone votes that the IGO motion is out of order / not germain. Then the main bill gets voted on.

All stodders/gronstol has to do it stop blocking it, let it go to the floor vote, let IGO sing the fail song like every year, and then pass it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He also mentioned exactly that. So I am not sure what is up.

It sounded like the biggest issue the anti's have with the bill is the age for parents and kids with handguns. I pointed out that I was like 6 when my dad taught me how to shoot and he said he has heard that over and over and completely agrees that it should just go away but some groups are apparently pains in the ass.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:46:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

It sounded like the biggest issue the anti's have with the bill is the age for parents and kids with handguns. I pointed out that I was like 6 when my dad taught me how to shoot and he said he has heard that over and over and completely agrees that it should just go away but some groups are apparently pains in the ass.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not to mention there's 40 other states that allow kids to shoot whenever their parents see fit. ..
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 12:45:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
So anyone show up?
View Quote

Yes, myself and a shooting buddy made it to the Toledo meeting.  7 citizens there to talk to Senator Sodders, 6 of us were there to support SF427.

Short version is the house and senate are way off on the budget and this will likely extend the session for several weeks and take up the all of their time. Senator Sodders thought it unlikely the omnibus bill would get discussed till after the state budget was ironed out.

He also said the IGO is pissing off the senators that are sitting on the fence concerning SF427 with their all or nothing tactics. I can only hope they see the light soon.

I got a hold of Pete Holden the coach of the Traer Scholastic Pistol Program and he showed up.  I think his input on the age limits was very well received by Sodders.

In the mean time, we all need to keep up the cordial emails and phone calls to our state senators asking for SF427 to be scheduled for a vote.

Greg
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 12:50:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

CKnugget, were you one of the guys heading to the suppressor shoot last Saturday after the meeting with Sodders?

Greg
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 2:03:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Yes, myself and a shooting buddy made it to the Toledo meeting.  7 citizens there to talk to Senator Sodders, 6 of us were there to support SF427.

Short version is the house and senate are way off on the budget and this will likely extend the session for several weeks and take up the all of their time. Senator Sodders thought it unlikely the omnibus bill would get discussed till after the state budget was ironed out.

He also said the IGO is pissing off the senators that are sitting on the fence concerning SF427 with their all or nothing tactics. I can only hope they see the light soon.

I got a hold of Pete Holden the coach of the Traer Scholastic Pistol Program and he showed up.  I think his input on the age limits was very well received by Sodders.

In the mean time, we all need to keep up the cordial emails and phone calls to our state senators asking for SF427 to be scheduled for a vote.

Greg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So anyone show up?

Greg

Thank you
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 9:51:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

CKnugget, were you one of the guys heading to the suppressor shoot last Saturday after the meeting with Sodders?

Greg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Greg

Yeah.  I rode with bionicsniper and headed event afterwards.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top