Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2015 1:57:55 PM EDT
A Facebook site was made last week exposing the lies of Iowa Gun Owners, and is already up to 600 likes.  He's been working his butt off combing through all the BS those jokers put out.  He just made a website as well that is chuck full of great info.  It breaks it down, with undeniable proof, and pretty well proves they are a scam.  He's used this Iowa forum a lot for info, and quotes Spart quite a few times.  Great job on all your work by the way, Spart.

Anyways, this will be great to show all the IGO supporters to prove to them they're nuts.  If anyone has any comments or suggestions on it you can direct message him on the facebook page, or contact me.  I've been in contact with him quite a bit to help edit the articles and stuff, and will be helping in some aspect down the road.  

Facebook page.  Please like it:  https://www.facebook.com/trueiowaigo

The Truth about Iowa Gun Owners:   http://www.iagunowners.com/

UPDATE:  Please share the website and facebook on any other gun forums or facebook gun groups you are in!   Also, the more links to the website we have the better, so if you run a blog, website or know anyone that does, please post a link!  The facebook page is almost to 1000 likes.  Word is getting out!!
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 2:20:52 PM EDT
[#1]
This is going to be a fantastic resource going forward.  Thanks to whoever is spending the dough to make it happen.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 2:24:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
A Facebook site was made last week exposing the lies of Iowa Gun Owners, and is already up to 600 likes.  He's been working his butt off combing through all the BS those jokers put out.  He just made a website as well that is chuck full of great info.  It breaks it down, with undeniable proof, and pretty well proves they are a scam.  He's used this Iowa forum a lot for info, and quotes Spart quite a few times.  Great job on all your work by the way, Spart.

Anyways, this will be great to show all the IGO supporters to prove to them they're nuts.  If anyone has any comments or suggestions on it you can direct message him on the facebook page, or contact me.  I've been in contact with him quite a bit to help edit the articles and stuff, and will be helping in some aspect down the road.  

Facebook page.  Please like it:   https://www.facebook.com/trueiowaigo

The Truth about Iowa Gun Owners:   http://iagunowners.com/
View Quote

Awesome. links made live.
What's the best way to get it to appear up in search engine results?
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 4:07:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Yesterday he mentioned he was working on search engine optimization, so it pops up whenever someone searches for Iowa gun owners, but I'm not sure if he finished it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 5:28:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I've been giving them some free SEO on my free time, searching for "Iowa Gun Owners" then going to page 6 or 7 and clicking on the link to iagunowners.org
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 6:55:23 PM EDT
[#5]
i'm tickled shitless somebody finally called them out.  i had a guy tell me the other day "they just can't lie and get away with it can they?" and it appears until now they have...

good on IAGUNOWNERS
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 11:30:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've been giving them some free SEO on my free time, searching for "Iowa Gun Owners" then going to page 6 or 7 and clicking on the link to iagunowners.org
View Quote

Excellent.  It's now on page 2 on bing.  1 here we come.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 12:34:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Came up on page 1 for me.  
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 12:51:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sweet!  It's still waaaaay back on google tho.  I found it on page 43 or so, i'll have to work on that.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 7:31:13 PM EDT
[#9]
page 5 of google now
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 7:31:45 PM EDT
[#10]
This is where someone needs to put a firemission in GD.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 9:11:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
This is where someone needs to put a firemission in GD.
View Quote

like this one that i linked in several other threads in IAHTF? let's get it in again ;)
FIRE MISSION: share facebook page dedidated to exposing fake gun rights group
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 4:01:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Almost 800 likes in just over a week.  I'm guessing we'll hit a thousand by mid next week.  Word is getting out!
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:19:02 PM EDT
[#13]
awesome!
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:56:06 AM EDT
[#14]
I don't do facebook however I did pop on and see some of the comments.

A thought struck me. Someone should do a freedom of information act request to get all the pro-IGO members permit information. Then send them a private message with the details along with google views of their home. I do not mean post it on FB as that would make us no better than the liberal news rags that have done that in the past. I know long shot to open their eyes but nothing more motivating then those things that impact you personally.

Let them know just how easy it is to get this information today.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 10:55:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:Someone should do a freedom of information act request to get all the pro-IGO members permit information.
View Quote

funny you'd mention that.  that's how the built their database!  NO KIDDING.  the first thing aaron dorr did was gather all the permit holder's information from DPS, and solicit them.  so he stands there claiming a 'database' is being built like a lying scumbag, when HE ALREADY USED THE LIST at DPS to make his donor list...

what a human piece of garbage...

oh, and you know how i know this is true?  the people at DPS told me he'd been there copying documents for two days...  no shit.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 11:15:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Iowa Carry went into the DPS many years ago and copied the information down on permits like restrictions in each county and reasons for issuance. That is what we used to make the color coded map to illustrate the problem in Iowa. We talked a lot about using the permit lists to make a mailing but decided early on that was a breech of privacy.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 1:06:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Here's a template message for anyone who has facebook friends that are on their "like" list:

Hi guys. I'm just messaging everyone who is on my friend list that also is "like"d the "iowa gun owners" page, requesting that you "un-like" them and spread the word.

We (Iowa Firearms Coalition, the all-volunteer group that has passed many pro-gun bills in Iowa over the last few years) used to try and take the high road by ignoring them, but we no longer are able to do so, unfortunately.
They have LITERALLY, INTENTIONALLY, been blocked good gun bills from passing.

IGO is a for-profit group comprised of professional political fund-raisers who are implicated in campaign finance fraud among other things. They have never improved a single thing relating to gun rights.

Here is some more information on them:
https://www.facebook.com/trueiowaigo
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 1:10:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

funny you'd mention that.  that's how the built their database!  NO KIDDING.  the first thing aaron dorr did was gather all the permit holder's information from DPS, and solicit them.  so he stands there claiming a 'database' is being built like a lying scumbag, when HE ALREADY USED THE LIST at DPS to make his donor list...

oh, and you know how i know this is true?  the people at DPS told me he'd been there copying documents for two days...  no shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:Someone should do a freedom of information act request to get all the pro-IGO members permit information.

So who is the database available to right now?   Is there anyway to prove this?  If we can prove that he used it to start his organization that would be a bomb shell.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 6:10:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

So who is the database available to right now?   Is there anyway to prove this?  If we can prove that he used it to start his organization that would be a bomb shell.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

it is available with ZERO restrictions.  as far as proving?  i suppose somebody from DPS would have to confirm it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 6:39:30 PM EDT
[#20]
I was under the impression you could only get permit holders names in a county by county basis.  I was aware of list DPS had of all permit holders, but was not aware it was open to anyone.   I will be contacting them tomorrow.  If we can get proof he used/uses that list to expand his membership, especially after the stink he raised about the omnibus bill creating a database, that will be gold.   Pretty clear he wants it to remain for personal gain.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 10:33:41 AM EDT
[#21]
Just make sure to differentiate between IFC. And IGO. I think people confuse the acronyms and mix them up and I think IGO counts on that to a certain extent.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 12:11:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Just make sure to differentiate between IFC. And IGO. I think people confuse the acronyms and mix them up and I think IGO counts on that to a certain extent.
View Quote

Absolutely.
Gun show table conversations often go like this:
"are you on our email list?"
--"yes, I get your emails every couple days, and I donate money"
which means they are on IGO's list.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 10:00:46 PM EDT
[#23]
I was unable to reach them by phone on Friday, but have put in an email to them and will be calling them again if I don't hear back.  Eagerly awaiting the info
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 10:27:10 PM EDT
[#24]
IGO went in and copies the original list by hand, and this was around 2007 IIRC.  The last I knew the DPS only had the data on number of permit holders each month, not an actual list of names and info. This may have changed since 2011 but I am under the impression is hasn't?
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 10:31:53 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm not sure how it actually works,  but when I speak to dps I'll clear it all up and post it.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 11:55:52 PM EDT
[#26]
This guy Phil Roe has been railing on the Facebook site.  Come to find out he is the treasurer of IGO's Political Action Committee.  He got several warnings, then we threw up a post today about how he treats gun owners who disagree with IGO.   Name calling,  personal attacks, etc.  He totally lost his shit and went off the deep end, made a complete fool of himself and IGO.   It was extremely entertaining.  
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 10:44:14 AM EDT
[#27]
he's a real winner...

i have no problem a person who is honest about their mission but simply has another approach.  that guy?  he's obviously in need of psychiatric care.  all he does is spread hate.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 9:48:10 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 12:15:14 PM EDT
[#29]

Let's not resort to ad-hominum attacks. plenty of other stuff IGO does that is horrible, and it sounds like there is a lot more (or less) to this specific story than is being reported.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 11:10:14 AM EDT
[#30]
an attack is now defined as a link to the continual fuck ups of a guy that represented iowans, citizens, 2A advocates, as well as purposely working against all of us for his own gain while publicly claiming he was working on our behalf?  that is an attack?

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 10:27:12 PM EDT
[#31]
But IGO HAS to be good, I see their bumper stickers all the time!
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top