Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 4/19/2015 7:47:37 PM EDT
Took the Basic Handgun course today from CCA.  Rick did another fine job as teacher / trainer for the course.  I've taken a few CCA courses, always come away with renewed interest, fixed mechanics, and several hundred rounds down range.  Highly recommend it to anyone asking about training, covers the basics, challenges you to push harder.  Last drill was a timed one, surprised myself how well I did.

Thanks again.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 7:51:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Took the Basic Handgun course today from CCA.  Rick did another fine job as teacher / trainer for the course.  I've taken a few CCA courses, always come away with renewed interest, fixed mechanics, and several hundred rounds down range.  Highly recommend it to anyone asking about training, covers the basics, challenges you to push harder.  Last drill was a timed one, surprised myself how well I did.

Thanks again.
View Quote

+1
I was also in today's course and have nothing but High Praise for Rick and Romp both.  I took Basic Handgun last year and rifle the year before.  Retook Handgun today because its awesome training and the wife wouldn't take it unless I did.  Really thinking about taking Tactical Pistol later this year.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 8:23:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I really need to clear some time to go take some of Rick's classes, I would give him all sorts of problem areas to fix with my handgun shooting I did the Precision Rifle 1 with Team Blaster (hosted by CCA last year) and it was a great learning experience! I expect nothing less from the folks at CCA!!!
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 8:49:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Want to see your USPSA scores jump?

Take what Rick teaches you and keep practicing... it works.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 9:31:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Im afraid if I get rid of my bad habits my scores will get worse, but I've always wanted to take a pistol class.

Bubba Watson can win the masters without a single golf lessons. Is there a uspsa grand wizard that has never taken a class?
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 8:10:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

+1
I was also in today's course and have nothing but High Praise for Rick and Romp both.  I took Basic Handgun last year and rifle the year before.  Retook Handgun today because its awesome training and the wife wouldn't take it unless I did.  Really thinking about taking Tactical Pistol later this year.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks again.

+1

Tell your wife she was a champ to do that course feeling how she was.  
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 10:08:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Tell your wife she was a champ to do that course feeling how she was.  
View Quote

I will.  She's thinking about retaking it sometime when she feels better.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 12:40:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the kind words fellas!! It was great seeing repeat students and seeing how much information you have retained.  I think we had 5 repeat students, which is awesome.  This group was by far the safest and most proficient group of shooters I've had since going public with training.  Looking forward to seeing you guys in TAC pistol 1!
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 4:35:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Do you have a link to when the courses are held?  I'd be interested in taking some.  I'm pretty sure that my mechanics pretty well suck ass by now.  It has been a long time since I have done any training and I don't practice as much as I should  
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 5:27:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Do you have a link to when the courses are held?  I'd be interested in taking some.  I'm pretty sure that my mechanics pretty well suck ass by now.  It has been a long time since I have done any training and I don't practice as much as I should  
View Quote

Here you go sir
http://www.controlledchaosarms.com/training.html
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top