Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2015 7:17:21 PM EDT
Did anyone go to the rally at the capital today? I understand it was put on by the Oath Keepers and some other groups?

I just heard a blurb on the news that they mentioned fighting for open carry?  I don't know if they were talking about Iowa, Texas or bringing it nationwide? I am curious as open carry in Iowa is already legal of course with a permit. Maybe they were talking about Constitutional Carry?

I am waiting to see if TV8 posts the story
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:20:18 PM EDT
[#1]
the only thing I heard about it was from iowaredneck saying something about him and his son going over there.  I hadn't heard anything else about it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:40:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Saw it on the news, channel 13 I think waiting for the Penguins game to start.

At least one guy OC'ed an AR.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:00:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Maybe the news got excited and called it a open carry rally?  I was more intrigued by the story about the handicapped wheelchair hunters
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:26:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Maybe the news got excited and called it a open carry rally?  I was more intrigued by the story about the handicapped wheelchair hunters
View Quote

No clue what they called it, I had the TV on mute. Just noticed that one guy was OC'ing an AR in the video coverage.

I was watching music videos on Youtube. Agnostic Front can't be stopped for liberal news coverage.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 10:33:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Channel 13 said it was all about the omnibus bill. The video showed maybe a dozen people.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 11:46:48 PM EDT
[#6]
This was news to me. Strange this happened but apparently very few knew about it ahead of time.  

Must have kept it on the down low.  Don't want big crowds supporting rights or anything like that.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 9:59:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Saw it on the news, channel 13 I think waiting for the Penguins game to start.

At least one guy OC'ed an AR.
View Quote

Don't you mean the RANGERS game?

ETA:  I guess the Rangers didn't want to play last night, did they?
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 5:01:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
This was news to me. Strange this happened but apparently very few knew about it ahead of time.  

Must have kept it on the down low.  Don't want big crowds supporting rights or anything like that.
View Quote

I did not know of it either. Would have maybe driven there myself as I had nothing going on at all this weekend and LP worked this weekend.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 4:39:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Didn't know anything about it either.  I would have gladly taken a break from painting to go hang out for a bit.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top