Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 3/26/2015 9:42:40 PM EDT
Do any of you with access have the time and the inclination to hunt down the thread that was generated last summer when the lady with the Southern California phone number was organizing the antigun rally at the State Fair?

Link Posted: 3/26/2015 9:51:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't have the thread handy, but here's IFC recording of the message though.

Anything you're specifically looking for?
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 9:54:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I wish I wouldn't have deleted that email.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 10:06:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

I was just looking for a way to quickly communicate to Senators and the public that by affiliating with these out of state groups that this is an effort by out of state political entities to write our laws.

By extension, putting these groups front/center like Senator Bolkcom did shows that their interests are not in-line with the majority of Iowans.  As an analogy, I'll use the Bruce Brailey meeting with lawyers that disparaged Grassley that was televised and later damaged him in the election.

The thought was generated by the post about the switchboard lady not understanding why callers kept telling her they were from Iowa. Make Senators understand that people are calling and proving they are from Iowa because Iowans think the Senators are pandering to outside interests, and they may have less support for the anti-cause. If we could somehow make it crystal clear the calls from the other side are being generated from an 858 area code, it seems things would be a lot easier for us.

If this is positioned as a fight where Iowa Senators are acting to push an out of state agenda, maybe some more pressure would be put on them.

You may have given me enough.  I'm going to start by calling the number in the link you sent me.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 10:19:38 PM EDT
[#4]
http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=1652868
Bowman1's GD thread, Examiner link at the bottom has some more coverage and the same video posted. Couple other threads but, google (site:ar15.com "iowa"+"fair"+"mda") you might find what you're after.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 10:21:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes, I do realize the prewritten letter that was being sent via IFC stated this.  I was looking for something that I could send in Moms Demand Action's words that shows them as where they are from.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 10:22:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=1652868
Bowman1's GD thread, Examiner link at the bottom has some more coverage and the same video posted. Couple other threads but, google (site:ar15.com "iowa"+"fair"+"mda") you might find what you're after.
View Quote

Thank you.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 10:27:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I was just looking for a way to quickly communicate to Senators and the public that by affiliating with these out of state groups that this is an effort by out of state political entities to write our laws.

By extension, putting these groups front/center like Senator Bolkcom did shows that their interests are not in-line with the majority of Iowans.  As an analogy, I'll use the Bruce Brailey meeting with lawyers that disparaged Grassley that was televised and later damaged him in the election.

The thought was generated by the post about the switchboard lady not understanding why callers kept telling her they were from Iowa. Make Senators understand that people are calling and proving they are from Iowa because Iowans think the Senators are pandering to outside interests, and they may have less support for the anti-cause. If we could somehow make it crystal clear the calls from the other side are being generated from an 858 area code, it seems things would be a lot easier for us.

If this is positioned as a fight where Iowa Senators are acting to push an out of state agenda, maybe some more pressure would be put on them.

You may have given me enough.  I'm going to start by calling the number in the link you sent me.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why do you think they even care? They're dems they'll do what dems do best.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 10:31:37 PM EDT
[#8]
I've always thought those types of rallies were humorous.  It used to be up until recently they(KCCI, DMR) would say, 20-30 or "dozens( meaning two) showed up to the rallies now it's just, "oh, you know, some people showed up and whatever".

I found this argument, really sad on their part.  Really sad, but yeah, it's the level they will sink to take away our rights.

"Iowans for Gun Safety had a presentation against firearm legislation in Iowa which was featured by a few different news stations to include Channel 13. On air, they showed a table with different children's pictures as examples of firearm victims. Child number 3 is named Gavin Sly, he was murdered by intentional medication overdose in early 2012. He was NEVER a victim of firearm violence and Iowans for Gun Safety never consulted with Gavin's father. They used his sons picture and developed a story so as to fit their agenda. Screenshot 1 is from Channel 13's presentation. Screenshot two is from Gavin's obituary. The link is to the article which explains what happened.
http://www.kcci.com/…/New-details-revealed-in-mothe…/9738510

This is how low they will sink.  Despicable.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 10:31:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Area codes don't tell the story whole story. I live on the Mississippi and have a northern Illinois area code from being able to port my phone number around. I haven't lived in Illinois for 6 years and I've been a resident of Iowa for three years now.

But, I suppose I'm probably an outlier.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 10:41:50 PM EDT
[#10]
A couple years ago during the Obama scare of 2013, yeah, numbers matter. Take a long look, these are pictures of hundreds of people who value their rights and love their country.

Link Posted: 3/26/2015 11:58:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
A couple years ago during the Obama scare of 2013, yeah, numbers matter. Take a long look, these are pictures of hundreds of people who value their rights and love their country.
http://i835.photobucket.com/albums/zz277/cavscouty/41143283-F8DA-40C0-A3E6-63C04A6FD1F5-3254-0000045750DDFA1C.jpg
http://i835.photobucket.com/albums/zz277/cavscouty/4CDD5322-5C1E-4885-9631-2B21CDFB3054-3254-0000047233CEA84C.jpg
View Quote

That was a great day.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 11:46:23 AM EDT
[#12]

Found the original thread -- http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_42/564499_Anybody_want_to_go_to_the_Fair_on_Friday__Bloomberg_and_MDA_are_paying_for_it.html
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top