Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 3/26/2015 3:54:38 PM EDT
In Grundy, they issue paper CCW permits.  I haven't had mine a long time and it is already looking a little ratty.  I had even bought a lightweight wallet just for the permit.  For those of you that have paper permits, how do you carry it to keep it in decent shape?
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 4:04:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine has held up surprisingly well.  Story did paper permits when the first issued them.  I guess they have gone to plastic but I haven't bothered to get a new one.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 4:51:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Laminate it.

Some counties used to say that you couldn't do this. Ask them to show you where in the law that you can't as I don't believe it is anywhere in there?

Also quite a few people ask me about this and I normally respond by asking them how many times they have been asked to show it. Other than for purchasing I have never been asked to show mine to a LEO nor have I offered.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 5:11:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Laminate it.

Some counties used to say that you couldn't do this. Ask them to show you where in the law that you can't as I don't believe it is anywhere in there?

Also quite a few people ask me about this and I normally respond by asking them how many times they have been asked to show it. Other than for purchasing I have never been asked to show mine to a LEO nor have I offered.
View Quote

^^^^^^^^
THIS

Link Posted: 3/26/2015 10:28:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Mine was in 2 pieces when I got my hard card
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 10:51:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Laminated with packaging tape. Looks like new still and, still thin enough to fold.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 11:05:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Make copies and I fold mine up and put it in one of the plastic hunting license holders they have on the counter at wallmart
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 9:55:48 AM EDT
[#7]
I cut a piece of blank paper same size as permit, put it next to original and let it bleed over onto that.  Then the whole thing goes into a little cardboard license holder from back in my MN fishing days.  Looks good as new.  (Also made a copy of the thing if I actually ever wanted to get it out for a purchase.  Can't tell them apart!)
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 11:57:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Laminate it.

View Quote

Yeah, I asked them this when I picked mine up and they said no.  I am going to ask them what you said about it not being in the law.  

Thanks to you all for the other suggestions.  They are all very good.

Link Posted: 3/31/2015 11:41:07 PM EDT
[#9]
My Sherriff's dept. (Cass) told me it was fine to laminate it, and they were perfectly fine with me making copies of it. A year later they got the plastic card machine, so now I have that instead.  

Link Posted: 4/2/2015 10:23:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Mine is almost torn in half.  I guess the court house in town now issues laminated cards now.  Gotta get one done.  I guess its a free upgrade from paper.

I did photo copy a few extra copies when i got it, but i moved 3 times since i got it in feb2011 and can't find them.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 4:30:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
In Grundy, they issue paper CCW permits.  I haven't had mine a long time and it is already looking a little ratty.  I had even bought a lightweight wallet just for the permit.  For those of you that have paper permits, how do you carry it to keep it in decent shape?
View Quote

Call the sheriff office in Marshall or Blackhawk Co and ask.  They should print a hard card for you for a fee.  Friend of mine lives in grundy and he has a hard card that he got printed from Marshalltown sheriff's 4 years ago.  They used his grundy county issued paper PCW for the hard card.

Link Posted: 4/3/2015 11:14:01 PM EDT
[#12]
By law the permit has to be issued in the county which you reside
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 12:16:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Bremer also has hard plastic.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top