Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 3/24/2015 3:58:27 PM EDT
Iowa Firearms Coalition
Tuesday, March 24 at 12:16pm ·

Senate leadership in Iowa continues to stall SF425. Call the Senate switchboard today and leave a message for the Senate leadership: "Listen to the people of Iowa. Listen to Iowa law enforcement. Bring SF425 to a vote AS IS!"

515-281-3371
View Quote

https://www.facebook.com/IowaFirearmsCoalition

For those not aware, "Senate Leadership" is a euphemism for Mike Gronstol.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 5:59:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Done.  Others I know did the same.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 6:00:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Done and spreading the word to others to call.

Link Posted: 3/24/2015 6:01:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Called.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 6:54:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Sent a very polite text to Sodder's cell phone.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 7:04:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Done. Lady on switch board said this was the main item she heard about today.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 7:07:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Sent another email to Gronstal to detail the break in at my home the year that Cityview published permit holder info.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 8:22:31 PM EDT
[#7]
I plan on calling several times a day til this is over.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 8:40:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Done
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 8:51:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Done
View Quote

Great work guys. I've been super busy trying to coordinate IFC stuff, but you guys are most definitely on the right track...

Keep calling daily. Make sure they're well aware that you're Iowans. And get your friends, co-workers whatever to call in. Strength in numbers is what it's all about. I know it can be awkward for some people recruiting others to help, but it really is what makes a difference.

One final note I want to leave you guys with - keep things positive and respectful. I know you guys get frustrated, and I certainly do to, but the people in power that are against this are looking for any possible reason they can to nix this. We need to be above reproach. Plus the ladies taking the messages are just some old gals who have nothing to say about this bill, they're just there to take the message, so if nothing else be nice to the blue hairs...
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 9:14:43 PM EDT
[#10]
I forwarded the email and then called myself. Turned out the lady who took the call had stood up with a cousin when he got married. Nice gal and good conversation
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 10:51:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I plan on calling several times a day til this is over.
View Quote

ETA  I want suppressors! Damn it!
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 9:24:52 AM EDT
[#12]
calling and melting!
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 12:00:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Calling every day now with,

"My name is ..., I live at..., my phone number is.... I am a constituent of District 22, and my senator, Charles Schneider, and I wholly support SF425 as-is with no revisions.  Ignore the voices of non-Iowans and bring SF425 to the floor for a vote!"

There was a long hold this morning. The first thing they asked about was if I was calling about SF425.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 3:51:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Called yesterday and today.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 4:44:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Signed petition earlier, just called the switchboard.
Got in almost immediately, maybe a 30 sec wait.
When I mentioned I'm an Iowa citizen in favor of SF425 and provided my information the lady said "I'm not sure why everyone keeps mentioning they're an Iowa  citizen, we haven't had any calls from anyone out of state.  Someone must be publishing misinformation about receiving calls from non-Iowans."
I didn't argue, just reiterated that we as citizen's are in favor of this and against outside influence.

I'm also going to send email directly to my senator requesting his support (doubtful, given his past history) and to my rep expressing disappointment in her vote against the House version.
These people... I swear...
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 5:33:22 PM EDT
[#16]
And message sent:

Good afternoon...

I would like to start off by requesting Sen Horn's support for the SF425 bill unamended and urge you request Senate leadership bring it to a vote, as is, as soon as possible.
My understanding is there's already wide bi-partisan agreement on this bill and it has the support of law enforcement statewide. Simply put, it benefits law-abiding Iowa citizens and their families while strengthening existing laws.

We were very disappointed to see Rep Runing-Marquardt's lack of support for the House's similar bill, HF527.
Sen. Horn, we hope to count on your ability to see the value in this bill and to see through the negativity and inaccuracies being spouted by outside agitators not representing the citizens of this state.

Iowans want this bill passed as is.

Respectfully...

We'll see if either of them respond this time.
Last time, crickets.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 7:07:01 AM EDT
[#17]
We have called, emailed numerous times and talked to a lot of ppl about it at our works. It is just frustrating that this is not being brought to a vote What else can we do to make them at least bring it to a vote?
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 10:42:46 AM EDT
[#18]
My guess is the opposing group gathers intel as well and can see the plan as it gets sent out in e-mails on forums, etc. My guess is they're ALSO saying (lying) that they're from Iowa now, when they're obviously not. I wonder if the switchboard can see/record area codes.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 10:52:42 AM EDT
[#19]
Boss Hogg and Paulsen are talking about this on am 600 WMT now. You can stream ot.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 11:19:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Boss Hogg and Paulsen are talking about this on am 600 WMT now. You can stream ot.
View Quote

didn't hear it.  how did it go?
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 11:34:04 AM EDT
[#21]
I didn't hear it either, damn office jobs, how did it go ?
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 11:43:12 AM EDT
[#22]
Pretty good. It was Simon Conway's morning show. He and some callers were explaining how the opposition was lying and this bill did not eliminate background checks, but made stricter penalties for straw purchases.  Sounded kind of heated, I didn't hear it all before they started on gas tax and marajuana stuff.

They also admitted to not reading bills. People are still calling in about it after the reps left.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 6:01:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Nevermind.  This is Mickleson's show from Monday morning.  

The issue is similar though.

Is about a third of the way in.

EDIT TO CORRECT - This is from last Monday.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 1:15:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Switchboard is open in 45 minutes.  Last week, burn it down!
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 2:31:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Just left messages for Gronstal and Sodders. They sound busy, but I got right in. I made sure my message said "as is".
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 3:16:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Just left messages for Gronstal and Sodders. They sound busy, but I got right in. I made sure my message said "as is".
View Quote

Same here. Also let them know I'm an Iowan & a voter.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 3:42:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Forgot to mention that I gave my name and location as well. They sounded as though they were prepared for a crap storm of calls.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top