Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2015 10:03:50 PM EDT
so a couple months ago I got pulled over driving home from work and found out that my license had been taken by child support.  I have since gotten that sorted out and now have my license.  Since that happened 1 of the 3 town cops has made a point to follow my vehicle, regardless of who is driving, going so far as to sit outside my job and house for hours.  On top of that I've seen him looking in the windows of the car in question and go so far as to try opening the doors (which I keep locked, small town or not, I'm not from Iowa originally).  He has also pulled my wife over twice while she was driving, only to turn around and go back to his squad car after getting to the drivers door (I'm speculating that its because I was not the driver)

Can we legally record him doing these things?  We both feel like this is a bit out of hand but the chief claims he can't do anything without proof
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 10:22:17 PM EDT
[#1]
IN and that sounds like harassment
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 10:25:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
IN and that sounds like harassment
View Quote

That's how we feel...  IN?
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 1:43:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes you can record police officers. You might want to either use a audio recording you can slip into your pocket in case you're stopped, that way it still records even if they want your hands free of items and you can still obey commands. If you want to use video you may have to leave it set up in your car, or just put it in your pocket anyway so you have audio.

Just be respectful and stay out of their way if they're dealing with someone else, as you'll be on video too.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 11:01:05 AM EDT
[#4]
record all you want....

the knife cuts both ways, so have your shit together.
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 2:51:07 PM EDT
[#5]
What town do you live in?
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 7:50:01 PM EDT
[#6]
If you have no warrants, and they have no open investigation involving you, that's a textbook case of harassment. Get a lowdown scummy lawyer to sue them for you, or, involve the state patrol/sheriff. Your call.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top