Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 3/1/2015 10:49:31 PM EDT
Idea grew out of a discussion with my father in law-he lives on a farm and gets deer in his yard all  the time. We were sitting around drinking beer one night and he mentioned how many deer he gets, and being drunk I said shoot them. Then I started thinking and realized I've never seen a law saying one thing or another about it. Sure it's illegal to shoot from a car, but a house?

All other things being legal(outside city limits, occupant/owner permission ort occupant/owner yourself), what does the law say about shooting a deer(or other game) from your house? Looking at it one way, the house could be seen as a really big blind. Another way, it's unethical and gives an unfair advantage with deer that see the house every day. I've googled things like this a few times, and found people who got popped for other deer hunting violations, but never seen anything about this. I can't be the only person who's made a comment like that and started wondering.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 10:54:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Was asked at a hunter safety class I was at the DNR officer said legal long as you have your orange on.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:02:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Was asked at a hunter safety class I was at the DNR officer said legal long as you have your orange on.
View Quote

Now that's hilarious but makes sense-it does say ALL firearm deer hunters have to wear orange.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:13:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Now that's hilarious but makes sense-it does say ALL firearm deer hunters have to wear orange.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah the head dog where i work was telling me about how he shot a doe out his kitchen window the look on his face when I said "Did you have your orange on? If not that was illegal " priceless
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:00:56 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm seeing a new market for blaze-orange underwear, socks, and t-shirts.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:14:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Does it count as wearing orange if wearing underwear with an orange can koozie in my hand? Because I have one that says "I like to pee outside" on it.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:25:36 AM EDT
[#6]
I'd just paint the house, can never be to safe.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:05:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have shot fourteen deer from my sons bedroom window. Eight have been nice enough to stand in front of my shooting range backstop. There is a reason I have an orange robe...
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 5:08:28 PM EDT
[#8]
I did shoot a cat from my reloading room last weekend. but whats the difference from a house to a texas treestand?
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:53:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I did shoot a cat from my reloading room last weekend. but whats the difference from a house to a texas treestand?
View Quote

I personally think there should be a bounty on em but better be carefull you'll bring the arfcom cat lovers down on ya
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:35:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Yea I shoot every ditch tigger or lawn lion I can. I'm Wyoming years ago the paid $.25-$.50 cents per cat and the wild bird population bounced back pretty fast.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top