Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2015 8:24:15 PM EDT
Hey Guys,

The gun show guide shows a gun show this weekend in Altoona, but the TSP website doesn't snow anything. Can anyone confirm if there is a show or not?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 8:36:04 PM EDT
[#1]
MAC Shows

This one isnt done by Trade Show. Looks like MAC Shows is doing this one.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 8:44:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks!

I have two pistols I'm thinking about selling. I'm only planning on selling if I get the right offer, otherwise I'll keep them.

How do I advertise? From limited googling I should just carry them around all day in a case, with a sign on the side?
Any other tips? How do I get the most attention, without looking like an idiot?

If you're curious, I'm thinking about selling a P226 Extreme with about 350 rounds through it, and a VP9 with 4 mags and about 600 through it. Any suggestions on prices? Both look brand new at first glance, but close inspection will show they have been fired.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 9:38:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks!

I have two pistols I'm thinking about selling. I'm only planning on selling if I get the right offer, otherwise I'll keep them.

How do I advertise? From limited googling I should just carry them around all day in a case, with a sign on the side?

If you're curious, I'm thinking about selling a P226 Extreme with about 350 rounds through it, and a VP9 with 4 mags and about 600 through it. Any suggestions on prices? Both look brand new at first glance, but close inspection will show they have been fired.
View Quote

Just walk around with them in the case, plenty of people will ask about them.  Not to sure on the P226 but a brand new VP9 can be had for as little as $560 shipped (via slickguns).  Since those mags are hard to find, I'd say 550 would be fair... but then again, I'm an FN guy

Expect all the dealers to low ball you.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 8:29:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 11:31:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Thanks!

View Quote

You could also put an ad in the EE here-just mark it as face to face if you don't intend to ship.

Could post on Armslist too.

Kind of tough spending the day at the gun show trying to sell them.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 11:33:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I went to the Ft Dodge show today.Not very crowded and not many deals.Did pick up a Gen 4 Glock 17 for 535 out the door-new in box.

Bricks of 22 were 50-60 a box.223 was high,and not a whole lot of it.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 2:06:50 AM EDT
[#7]
I might be interested in one or both of those if you'd be looking to trade. pM me sometime if you want.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 11:59:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I went to the Ft Dodge show today.Not very crowded and not many deals.Did pick up a Gen 4 Glock 17 for 535 out the door-new in box.

Bricks of 22 were 50-60 a box.223 was high,and not a whole lot of it.
View Quote

I was there Saturday morning and it was very crowded.  There were deals to be had but you had to look.  That show is a different creature than the DSM/CR circuit.  Only a couple of dealers there that also work DSM.  I've always liked the FD show, its more of a collector's show.  If you're looking to stock up on AR mags or reloading supplies, its not for you.  If you're looking for a vintage High Standard Sport King, you were in luck.  

Pick up a S&W 22A.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 12:43:35 PM EDT
[#9]
I walked through the show Friday evening. Pretty good turn out for a show at that location. IGO was there in full force trying to get everyone to sign petitions for "stand your ground" aka give us your info so we can fear monger you into giving us money. I avoided eye contact with them and still had to decline 3 times when I walked by their booth.

I will say that there were 75% of the dealers/sellers there that are also at the CR and fairgrounds shows, but the others there were unique to that show.

The reason I attended was to see how many people were walking it. There has been quite a few rumblings from dealers at the fairgrounds shows about how they aren't happy with the lack of promoting TSP has been doing the past year. I know of at least 3 who stopped going to the fairgrounds shows (part of it may be that the panic buying has slowed/stopped also.) This show on the other hand I did hear quite a few commercials for on the radio and it did seem like it drew a different crowd than the fairgrounds show. I'm still a little up in the air on if it's worth the time and effort to do both the fairgrounds and Adventureland shows though.

Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top