BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Page / 15
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 1:43:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Senator Tony Bisignano has not repsonded yet.
View Quote

Bisignano voted to move SF425 out of the Senate judiciary committee to be placed on the calendar for debate.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 3:56:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Bisignano voted to move SF425 out of the Senate judiciary committee to be placed on the calendar for debate.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Senator Tony Bisignano has not repsonded yet.

Awesome, I didn't notice he was on that committee. Just moved to his district last week.  
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 5:01:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Just so everyone is aware, Everytown has begun a campaign against the bill.  And imagine that...they're lying to raise support.  This was posted on another forum by a member who is on their mailing list to keep tabs on them.

Sam --
Crazytown is coming to Iowa. Right now, there's a fast-moving bill in the State Senate that would arm felons and domestic abusers in Iowa by repealing our law that requires criminal background checks on all handgun sales.

This bill would have devastating consequences for public safety in our state, and we have to do everything in our power to make sure it doesn't go any further.

We can Stop Crazytown by convincing lawmakers that this is a huge step backwards for Iowa. But supporters like you need to make your voices heard right away -- and the State Senate could vote at any moment.

Send a message to your Iowa state senator right now, and tell them to stop legislation that would destroy Iowa's background checks requirement.
LINK REMOVED

Right now, Iowa requires criminal background checks for all handgun sales -- but this bill would repeal that requirement altogether.

Background checks are the single most effective way to keep guns out of the hands of dangerous people, and dismantling the existing system could have catastrophic consequences in Iowa. We already know how this will turn out. When Missouri passed a similar bill in 2007, their gun murder rate jumped by 23%. [1]

That spike in violence is the last thing we need in Iowa. Send a message to the Iowa State Senate right now, and tell them to vote NO on this dangerous legislation:
LINK REMOVED

The more lawmakers hear from supporters like you, the more we stand a chance at blocking this dangerous bill from making it any further.

Thanks for acting fast,
Ellyn Grimm
Iowa Chapter Leader
Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 5:35:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Just so everyone is aware, Everytown has begun a campaign against the bill.  And imagine that...they're lying to raise support.  This was posted on another forum by a member who is on their mailing list to keep tabs on them.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Sam --
Crazytown is coming to Iowa. Right now, there's a fast-moving bill in the State Senate that would arm felons and domestic abusers in Iowa by repealing our law that requires criminal background checks on all handgun sales.

This bill would have devastating consequences for public safety in our state, and we have to do everything in our power to make sure it doesn't go any further.

We can Stop Crazytown by convincing lawmakers that this is a huge step backwards for Iowa. But supporters like you need to make your voices heard right away -- and the State Senate could vote at any moment.

Send a message to your Iowa state senator right now, and tell them to stop legislation that would destroy Iowa's background checks requirement.
LINK REMOVED

Right now, Iowa requires criminal background checks for all handgun sales -- but this bill would repeal that requirement altogether.

Background checks are the single most effective way to keep guns out of the hands of dangerous people, and dismantling the existing system could have catastrophic consequences in Iowa. We already know how this will turn out. When Missouri passed a similar bill in 2007, their gun murder rate jumped by 23%. [1]

That spike in violence is the last thing we need in Iowa. Send a message to the Iowa State Senate right now, and tell them to vote NO on this dangerous legislation:
LINK REMOVED

The more lawmakers hear from supporters like you, the more we stand a chance at blocking this dangerous bill from making it any further.

Thanks for acting fast,
Ellyn Grimm
Iowa Chapter Leader
Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America

Rational discussion is too difficult for most.  

Senator Sodders,
 My name is Nicholas Forney and I am not a member of your district but am from Spirit Lake, Iowa under David Johnson.  I am writing you today in hopes that I can add to the number of supporters of the SF425 bill.  I understand you have been a firm supporter of the bills progress thus far but I worry that with the publicity the bill has gotten that others will try to dig claws into it and change it into something that is either unable to be passed or has things that hurt Iowans rather than help.

This bill covers many things I was hoping to see from Iowa when I returned for school almost two years ago now.  I had been in the Army for 8 years and was stationed in Colorado when the state legislature went crazy on guns.  I have substantial hearing loss and was able to legally posses a suppressor while living in Colorado which helped protect me from further deterioration.  I supported the legislation last year and was disappointed the senate was unable to act but am very enthusiastic about this bill as it covers so much more.  I have a 5 year old son that I feel needs to know about the importance of gun safety.  Children don't learn not to handle guns by being told sternly not to.  They learn to respect a firearm by understanding the power in one and learning it as a discipline not just some voodoo object in cartoons, movies and video games.  The government feeling they need to legislate that he can't handle one under my supervision until 14 seems ludicrous to me.  I also happen to be a carry permit holder and watched closely as supposed news outlets were reporting the address of other permit holders like some kind of treasure map for criminals.  The bill is what it needs to be.  Any more or any less and I fear it will become a house of cards that will fall under a slight breeze.

Again thank you so much for your time and your support of the bill thus far.  Stay strong and know your resolve is true and you are on the course that will be best for the individual freedoms of the people of Iowa.

sent this message to Senator Sodders.  I strongly feel a short note that is personal and supportive will do far more good than 100 form letters.  If you have even a few minutes to spare it would be great to do the same.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 8:43:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Ellyn is a dipshit.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 9:07:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Ellyn is a dipshit.
View Quote

We all know dipshits are gonna dipshit it is important that we stay positive in what we send out and keep it going.  You aren't limited to your own senators that is important say something personal and let the antis be anti they aren't getting this locked down they are trying some last ditch shit effort that is very weak from the start and will not gain traction.  

There have been public forums on this and it is out to the world and not one state rep saw the need to speak out against it.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 9:56:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Senator Sodders,
 My name is Nicholas Forney and I am not a member of your district but am from Spirit Lake, Iowa under David Johnson.  I am writing you today in hopes that I can add to the number of supporters of the SF425 bill.  I understand you have been a firm supporter of the bills progress thus far but I worry that with the publicity the bill has gotten that others will try to dig claws into it and change it into something that is either unable to be passed or has things that hurt Iowans rather than help.

This bill covers many things I was hoping to see from Iowa when I returned for school almost two years ago now.  I had been in the Army for 8 years and was stationed in Colorado when the state legislature went crazy on guns.  I have substantial hearing loss and was able to legally posses a suppressor while living in Colorado which helped protect me from further deterioration.  I supported the legislation last year and was disappointed the senate was unable to act but am very enthusiastic about this bill as it covers so much more.  I have a 5 year old son that I feel needs to know about the importance of gun safety.  Children don't learn not to handle guns by being told sternly not to.  They learn to respect a firearm by understanding the power in one and learning it as a discipline not just some voodoo object in cartoons, movies and video games.  The government feeling they need to legislate that he can't handle one under my supervision until 14 seems ludicrous to me.  I also happen to be a carry permit holder and watched closely as supposed news outlets were reporting the address of other permit holders like some kind of treasure map for criminals.  The bill is what it needs to be.  Any more or any less and I fear it will become a house of cards that will fall under a slight breeze.

Again thank you so much for your time and your support of the bill thus far.  Stay strong and know your resolve is true and you are on the course that will be best for the individual freedoms of the people of Iowa.

sent this message to Senator Sodders.  I strongly feel a short note that is personal and supportive will do far more good than 100 form letters.  If you have even a few minutes to spare it would be great to do the same.
View Quote

Nick wins the day.

I couldn't have said it better myself. Right now we're absolutely hammering the Senate with IFC pre-written emails. I guarantee every single senator has gotten several emails about SF425. We've been pounding them all session long with pre-written emails, they literally cannot avoid us, it's great. But after you've gotten the same email 6, 7, 8 times it gets pretty easy to start hitting delete without reading or comprehending the message.

Right now personal emails will go a long way towards helping our cause. Nick did a great job setting the tone. Polite and respectful, no need to rattle Sodder's cage, he helped craft the bill and sponsored it for goodness sakes. Right now we just need to remind him that he actually supports this bill (despite what the media and the gun control zombies are whispering in his ear). Doesn't have to be anything over the top or super special. Just something simple. I'd say at this point key points when writing Sen. Sodders would be:

Thank you for sponsoring SF425, it does a lot to protect and enhance our rights.
Let's keep it the way you originally wrote it - no amendments!
You've seen that this bill a huge backing from both sides of the aisle. It deserves a vote as written.

[email protected]
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 10:11:06 PM EDT
[#8]
What are tarnation are they talking about ' repeals all background checks'????

Edit: posted on their Facebook page about this. See how long it takes til I'm blocked?
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 10:36:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

We all know dipshits are gonna dipshit it is important that we stay positive in what we send out and keep it going.  You aren't limited to your own senators that is important say something personal and let the antis be anti they aren't getting this locked down they are trying some last ditch shit effort that is very weak from the start and will not gain traction.  

There have been public forums on this and it is out to the world and not one state rep saw the need to speak out against it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ellyn is a dipshit.

Oh I'm positive and sending emails.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 12:26:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Again, these aren't my own words but I'm paraphrasing what I think I saw as a comment in response to another comment on this news story

"When you can't make an intelligent argument about what is, you make up a ridiculous argument against what is not"

Should be engraved on their HQ building wherever it is
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 12:10:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Mark down Sen. Bisignano for a yes. I sent him a thank you for voting to advance it already.

Beef,
Thanks for your e-mail. I will continue to advance this bill in its current form.

Senator Tony Bisignano
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 4:24:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Jeff Danielson was non committal.

Dear stewie97,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me.

I will keep them in mind when this issue is discussed in the Senate.

Keep in touch.

Yours in Service,
Senator Jeff Danielson
Let's be Facebook friends! LIKE my page:
https://www.facebook.com/senatorjeffdanielson
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 4:39:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Mark down Sen. Bisignano for a yes. I sent him a thank you for voting to advance it already.

Beef,
Thanks for your e-mail. I will continue to advance this bill in its current form.

Senator Tony Bisignano
View Quote

Got him Beef1911 - thanks for contacting Sen. Bisignano.

Technically Tony already voted for it twice. Once on the Senate Judiciary Subcommittee, and again to pass it out of the Senate Judiciary Committee.

It's nice to see a D that is willing to vote yes on a gun bill.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 11:04:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Where are we on this?  I heard late last week it was essentially a done deal.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 11:44:43 AM EDT
[#15]
I too am curious how this is moving? Any Updates
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 1:09:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

sign up for the IFC alerts.  they spell it out for everyone weekly with all the nitty gritty.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 1:19:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

sign up for the IFC alerts.  they spell it out for everyone weekly with all the nitty gritty.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here's the latest update

Just have to have the Senate schedule it for a vote (and hope no one adds a poison pill amendment -- looking at you Sen. Bertrand/IGO).

Also, we're really making waves. Everytown has flown in an out of state lobbyist to try to kill this bill.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 4:45:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Bloombergs money at work

Link Posted: 3/17/2015 7:07:26 PM EDT
[#19]
What part of the bill are they getting that from????
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 7:11:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

No part of it.

Just scare tactics and blatant lies to push their agenda.

Link Posted: 3/18/2015 10:04:04 AM EDT
[#21]
yup
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 9:11:25 AM EDT
[#22]
Senator Dennis Guth is on board!!!!

George,

Thank you for writing me in favor of protecting our Second Amendment rights.  You can count on me to support SF425.

Dennis Guth

Iowa Senate District 4
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 10:07:44 AM EDT
[#23]
I'm quite surprised at some of the lobbyist declarations on this bill.  It seems that the Methodists seem to have issues with guns from the looks of things which I wouldn't have foreseen.  It also looks like I might have to start eating my words about the ISSDA.  They appear to be for it.

SF 425 lobbyist declarations
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 10:31:51 AM EDT
[#24]
Any more insight about when this may come up for a vote? What deadline are we up against right now?
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 10:39:28 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I'm quite surprised at some of the lobbyist declarations on this bill.  It seems that the Methodists seem to have issues with guns from the looks of things which I wouldn't have foreseen.  It also looks like I might have to start eating my words about the ISSDA.  They appear to be for it.

SF 425 lobbyist declarations
View Quote

The Methodists sure have a lot of lobbyists.

Amy Campbell Against
IA. Coalition Against Sexual Assault MARCH 10, 2015 08:01:28 Against League of Women Voters of IA MARCH 10, 2015 08:01:28

Craig Patterson Against
IA. Coalition Against Sexual Assault MARCH 10, 2015 08:01:28 Against League of Women Voters of IA

These two don't seem too smart.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 10:39:47 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

It appears they are drawing their conclusions from the language that eliminates the permit to purchase. It's a stretch, but the Register even picked up on it today...

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/politics/2015/03/18/gun-bill-background-checks/24993427/
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 11:35:01 AM EDT
[#27]
I can see where this is coming from.  I would have preferred the annual permit to acquire pistols and revolvers simply being replaced with a five year permit to acquire firearms for people who don't desire a carry permit.  The current law of requiring a permit to purchase for any (including private) handgun transaction was handy because when we caught tards with pistols who bought them from some "guy" we had a state charge we could lever if they were a big enough tard  to get the attention of the Feds.  I realize it is still illegal for a prohibited person to acquire any firearm anyway, but taking the permit requirement away from handgun purchases takes options away from local law enforcement, especially in areas where US District Prosecutors are busy with bigger fish.  It shouldn't be that way because we all know there are plenty of firearms laws to quell illegal behavior, but the harsh reality is that very few are ever enforced.  

Stripping the permit requirement from handgun purchases, especially for private sales, (while inconsequential) is not something a gun hater can be convinced is a good thing, no matter what else is in the bill.  It may have been an unnecessary battle we created.

Either way, it is pretty clear the opposition has shown their hand in how they plan to oppose the entire bill, so in the mean time I'll keep up my emails and phone calls.

WE all know the truth, that this bill is a good thing for everyone, and that's how I'm going to proceed.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 1:59:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Let them focus on the "controversial" parts so suppressors can sneak through without opposition.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 2:51:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Let them focus on the "controversial" parts so suppressors can sneak through without opposition.
View Quote

That won't play out in a good way.  The whole bill will tank, the Senate (followed by the House) "might" pass a suppressor-only bill, and THEY will claim victory about how they kept guns out of kids hands and saved us all from doom via background checks.  The screwed up renewal process for permits won't get done either.

Don't THINK for one second that the Senate DOESN'T think we'd settle for just suppressors.

As much as I'd love to know what is going on behind closed doors I trust the IFC and will continue to support the Omnibus Bill until it either dies or hits the Governor's desk.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 3:01:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

As much as I'd love to know what is going on behind closed doors I trust the IFC and will continue to support the Omnibus Bill until it either dies or hits the Governor's desk.
View Quote

Amen.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 4:49:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Wow almost 1700

Link Posted: 3/22/2015 8:38:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Any word on which "key senators" are backing out of prior support?
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 10:29:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Any word on which "key senators" are backing out of prior support?
View Quote

A little bird told me to get in touch with Sodders and politely remind him that he works for Iowans and not Everytown's lobbyists. This bill deserves a vote in it's current form.

It can't advance, and Gronstal can't schedule it for a vote until Sodders makes the request.

Link Posted: 3/22/2015 10:55:37 PM EDT
[#34]
He will be getting a phone call from me tomorrow.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 11:30:26 PM EDT
[#35]
So basically we need to be blowing up sodders and gronstals phones?   Could we organize a phone bomb,  so the next few weeks their phones are ringing off the hook about this bill?  I could call at least 3 or 4 times during the workday on breaks and lunch.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 8:22:49 AM EDT
[#36]

Should get our own signatures and trump there 1700
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 9:37:31 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
So basically we need to be blowing up sodders and gronstals phones?   Could we organize a phone bomb,  so the next few weeks their phones are ringing off the hook about this bill?  I could call at least 3 or 4 times during the workday on breaks and lunch.
View Quote

I like where you're head is at, but take it to the next level. You call on your break. Have your co-worker call over lunch. Have your brother call when he's on break. And so on and so on.

I love the enthusiasm, but at this point we need to show that it's more than just a few loud voices what this bill passed -- it's a majority of Iowans.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 11:59:06 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

my local senator went through the 1" thick pile of signatures and found 4 constituents.  it took his aid the entire day to comb through it all.  i suspect the vast majority of these signature are bogus or out of state...
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 2:25:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

my local senator went through the 1" thick pile of signatures and found 4 constituents.  it took his aid the entire day to comb through it all.  i suspect the vast majority of these signature are bogus or out of state...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty telling when they have to 'forge' 1700 signatures. Did their volunteers get hand cramps or what's the issue?
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 4:56:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Just got a e-mail from Senator Tod Bowman in response to my e-mails to him. Looks like he will vote no on the bill over the changes with the permit to acquire. My thoughts is he just needed a reason for a no vote. We do live in the Peoples Republic of Iowastan so we should expect this from our government.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 5:06:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Just got a e-mail from Senator Tod Bowman in response to my e-mails to him. Looks like he will vote no on the bill over the changes with the permit to acquire. My thoughts is he just needed a reason for a no vote. We do live in the Peoples Republic of Iowastan so we should expect this from our government.
View Quote

Anyone else hearing this?
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 7:09:42 AM EDT
[#42]
Someone at work told me they heard it officially is not going to leave the Senate committee to get a vote. I asked him where he heard this as I have not seen it here or elsewhere. I think hes just talking out his backside as he said he saw it on Facebook somewhere,  and I don't use FB to be able to check..
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 7:48:54 AM EDT
[#43]
This is getting frustrating. I just heard a blip on Iowa Public Radio, in which a "researcher" said the state would see a rise in murders because the "3 day waiting period" would be taken away and that Missouri's murder rate went up 14% after they got rid of their waiting period. I'm pretty sure all this is just the same BS that the "Moms" are spouting since the NICS checks don't go away. I knew I should've changed the station when I got back in the car.

I'm also pretty sure that the Dems know this big campaign is BS, otherwise they'd actually debate it if they thought they could shoot it down fair and square. If this is the best excuses they can come up with then they really have nothing, other than not letting it come to a debate at all.

/rant
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 10:51:11 AM EDT
[#44]
The news had 3 people complaining in an empty room last night about the not publishing permit holder names for about 15 seconds. Saying it will increase violence.

Good thing nobody is watching the news during march madness.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 2:47:50 PM EDT
[#45]
UPDATE - SF425 HAS THE VOTES TO PASS

Ok guys, I just got the word from the IFC lobbyists to take this message public. We have waaay more than enough support to pass a vote in the Senate. I'm writing up an IFC email right now. But wanted to share with this group first (since you helped get this thing kick started). Normally we keep this kind of information private, because once it's public it can do more harm than good, but in this case we've got an overwhelming amount of support in the Senate and among the people of Iowa.

In a very brief nutshell here's where things stand:

1) We have all 24 Senate Republicans on board
2) Nearly half of all the Senate Dems are on board
3) A minority of anti-gun Senate Dems are using their seniority to convince Sen. Steve Sodders (SF425 sponsor) that this bill needs to be stalled, watered down, and if need be amended as much as possible.
4) These anti-gun Senators happen to occupy leadership positions within the Iowa Senate, so Sodders is feeling a bit intimidated and is allowing himself to be pushed around.
5) The anti's in the Senate are ignoring the overwhelming number of Iowans who are emailing, calling, and saying "It's time for a vote on SF425."
6) The anti's in the Senate are ignoring their fellow Democrats who've seen the light and want to vote Yes on SF425
7) IFC has a new Advocacy Campaign set up, it's directed entirely at the Senate Democrat leadership team (Gronstal, Jochum, Bolkcom, and Sodders).
8) Phone calls, and personal emails are critical - and even more effective than the form letters. Direct them toward the 4 Senators above. If you can, please do all three (form letter, personal email, phone call -- 515-281-3371) -- LIGHT 'EM UP!

ETA -- IFC letter to Senate Democrat leadership
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 3:36:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Ok guys, I just got the word from the IFC lobbyists to take this message public. We have waaay more than enough support to pass a vote in the Senate. I'm writing up an IFC email right now. But wanted to share with this group first (since you helped get this thing kick started). Normally we keep this kind of information private, because once it's public it can do more harm than good, but in this case we've got an overwhelming amount of support in the Senate and among the people of Iowa.

3) A minority of anti-gun Senate Dems are using their seniority to convince Sen. Steve Sodders (SF425 sponsor) that this bill needs to be stalled, watered down, and if need be amended as much as possible.
4) These anti-gun Senators happen to occupy leadership positions within the Iowa Senate, so Sodders is feeling a bit intimidated and is allowing himself to be pushed around.
5) The anti's in the Senate are ignoring the overwhelming number of Iowans who are emailing, calling, and saying "It's time for a vote on SF425."
6) The anti's in the Senate are ignoring their fellow Democrats who've seen the light and want to vote Yes on SF425
7) IFC has a new Advocacy Campaign set up, it's directed entirely at the Senate Democrat leadership team (Gronstal, Jochum, Bolkcom, and Sodders).
8) Phone calls, and personal emails are critical - and even more effective than the form letters. Direct them toward the 4 Senators above. If you can, please do all three (form letter, personal email, phone call -- 515-281-3371) -- LIGHT 'EM UP!

View Quote

So in a nut shell we're f*****
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 3:46:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't read it that way.  Iowa legislators generally do not want to be seen as anti gun.  People also don't like seeing the leadership going against the will of the constituents and the other legislators.  Sodders is generally with us and the big thing is he has to be reminded we are on the same side on this as is a huge majority of the population.  If it goes to a vote it will pass.  They know this now and they know that we know.  So if it becomes a thing where everyone else is wanting to vote and a small handful say no then they should get the idea they won't be around much longer.

I don't think we are fucked.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 4:01:28 PM EDT
[#48]
I'm getting an error message for the IFC canned message.  I assume people statewide can use this message ... not just the direct constituents of the leadership.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 4:04:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Nick nailed it
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 4:05:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I don't read it that way.  Iowa legislators generally do not want to be seen as anti gun.  People also don't like seeing the leadership going against the will of the constituents and the other legislators.  Sodders is generally with us and the big thing is he has to be reminded we are on the same side on this as is a huge majority of the population.  If it goes to a vote it will pass.  They know this now and they know that we know.  So if it becomes a thing where everyone else is wanting to vote and a small handful say no then they should get the idea they won't be around much longer.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

deja vu to last year
Page / 15
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top