Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 12/15/2014 11:37:43 PM EDT
Is anybody going? I might get a table to sell some stuff.

http://www.macshows.com/calender.htm

Come buy my stuff.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 11:45:42 PM EDT
[#1]
How much are tables?
Don't see much on their site about things.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 12:24:50 AM EDT
[#2]
I thought I saw $46. I am going to call tomorrow.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 12:52:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Wondering if it might be worth my time to get a table....
Hmmm.....
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 2:00:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Nope, all she had was back hallway left.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 2:44:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 5:00:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Excess?.... you mean "back up?"
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 7:47:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Definitely not enough traffic down the hallway to make it financially worthwhile.

I forgot about the gunshow this weekend...I need to get a table or two one of these months to get rid of some of what my wife calls "excess" stuff.
View Quote

We better get a row.......
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 7:50:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Definitely not enough traffic down the hallway to make it financially worthwhile.

I forgot about the gunshow this weekend...I need to get a table or two one of these months to get rid of some of what my wife calls "excess" stuff.

You might sell stuff Fish, but we all know Booger won't.

He'd set up a table with insane prices, the wife would think he tried and he'd probably come home with more than he took.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 7:58:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Thinking JoelAC89 is probably right.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 9:29:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:03:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I have great intentions.
View Quote

That's okay, I'll get your stuff sold at a great margin.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 11:11:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Is there anyone there that sells AR parts ? I'm looking for retro handguards and stock / grip I know guy at fairgrounds show has some but would like to not wait
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 11:43:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have great intentions.

There you go again with that smart accountant-speak again.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 1:22:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Is there anyone there that sells AR parts ? I'm looking for retro handguards and stock / grip I know guy at fairgrounds show has some but would like to not wait
View Quote

I know that there are a couple at the Cedar Rapids show at Hakeye Downs that have them if you can wait a couple weeks.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 12:02:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Maybe you should call me first-there's a few things I'm still looking for.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 10:06:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well at least you could tell her you "tried" to sell a few items.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 11:11:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Got there Saturday morning.  Good but not overwhelming crowd.  This was the crappy Adventureland show.  Two promoters run A'land shows.  This one was mostly junk.  Sieh was the only big dealer there.  Talked to him a bit.  Sales are slow.  Anyone wanting to trade is better off waiting.  Market is really in the tank.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 12:19:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Got there Saturday morning.  Good but not overwhelming crowd.  This was the crappy Adventureland show.  Two promoters run A'land shows.  This one was mostly junk.  Sieh was the only big dealer there.  Talked to him a bit.  Sales are slow.  Anyone wanting to trade is better off waiting.  Market is really in the tank.
View Quote

I got there late Saturday. Biggest issue was tripping over people sleeping in the walkways.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 6:03:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Anybody going this weekend? This one is the guy that does the fairgrounds show. I think I got a table this time, need to sell my NV I just bought and a bunch of other stuff.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 6:35:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Anybody going this weekend? This one is the guy that does the fairgrounds show. I think I got a table this time, need to sell my NV I just bought and a bunch of other stuff.
View Quote

Why on earth would you do that?
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 10:38:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Want a down payment on a house, I wish I could hold out until the next night shoot. I didn't know it was so fun.
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 3:46:25 AM EDT
[#22]
Another show this weekend?

I just got paid.
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 11:26:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Want a down payment on a house, I wish I could hold out until the next night shoot. I didn't know it was so fun.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You should just keep it, you got a smoking deal on it.
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 12:36:27 AM EDT
[#24]
I got a bit carried away in that amazon thread.

If I can get by with keeping the scope I will but I'm not too attached to the bioculars. I threw them up on facebook just to test the waters.

If you arfcom guys stop by my table I'll sell you the stuff for what I got it for, I just want it gone.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 11:51:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

If I can get by with keeping the scope I will but I'm not too attached to the bioculars. I threw them up on facebook just to test the waters.

If you arfcom guys stop by my table I'll sell you the stuff for what I got it for, I just want it gone.
View Quote

Did you sell anything you wanted
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 12:38:56 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was selling stuff for what I got it for, what I thought were awesome prices but I'm pretty sure the gunshow crowd would be just as happy with a Baraka or hipoint. I sold nothing friday and Sunday, even had a shot shell holder on my table that said free and I couldn't give it away.

I listed some stuff on facebook when I was bored and sold more on there than at the show. I would have liked to keep a lot of it but now I am desensitized to the $400 optic so I can justify fancier stuff next.

The highlight was 2 dealers on mobility scooters ramming each other.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 12:32:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Got there Saturday morning.  Very weak crowd.  Sieh was about a third of the show and even he wasn't moving a lot of product.  

If you have cash and want to buy new, now is the time.  Dealers are really starting to sweat.   If you want to sell/trade don't bother.  Hard to even get an offer.  My LCR 22 is apparently going to be mine for life.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 3:57:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Here's some hints for you with shows coming up if you're trying to sell stuff.

After tax time when people get their refunds there is usually a quick pick up in people spending money at the shows. It falls off for gun sales at least shortly there after. Also the only dealers who tend to do well at the Adventurland shows regardless of promoter are the knife dealers. The fairgrounds shows are pretty much the best in the state. I can about bet that the best sales for firearm related things are the Thanksgiving weekend and Feb-March at the fairgrounds shows.

Also, once the weather gets nice out sales at the shows drop like a rock. There's a reason that there arn't any gun shows in the late spring and summer.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 12:49:07 AM EDT
[#29]
Went to the show Sunday. Not many people there as I got there early. But I found what I was looking for so a good show for me http://http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag465/Damien_Minter/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps4913bef6.jpg" />
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top