Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 12/13/2014 3:36:22 AM EDT
Are center fire rifles allowed for hunting deer here in IA?  And are there caliber/weapon type restrictions if so?  The dnr booklet I have only covers handgun use...
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 10:53:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Just the southern two tiers of counties I believe. Shotgun and muzzelloader only north of those.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 10:54:23 AM EDT
[#2]
There used to be a January rifle season for antlerless in the lower two tiers of southern counties but the DNR did away with it.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 11:06:09 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

There used to be a January rifle season for antlerless in the lower two tiers of southern counties but the DNR did away with it.
View Quote
This is the answer you seek.

We had a lot of fun in those two weeks with rifles

Link Posted: 12/14/2014 10:48:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Just the southern two tiers of counties I believe. Shotgun and muzzelloader only north of those.
View Quote

Don't forget handguns.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 11:24:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I might actually try deer hunting if I could use a rifle.   Fuckin DNR fudds.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 12:42:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Your sentiments are not uncommon.  Some of us are going to work on this.  Time will tell.  
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 12:55:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Indiana went to stright walled rifle cartridges from shotguns I'd be all for that
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top