Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 11/18/2014 2:25:48 PM EDT
Is there a women's only permit class offered in the Des Moines area in the next couple of weeks that you would recommend?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 3:28:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I understand some women feel more comfortable taking a class with other women. In the same sense, seek out a good class and good instruction regardless and don't limit your options either. I have quite a few women in each of my classes and many of them take it with their friends or spouse. I cater my class to everyone of every skill level and do not tolerate any BS. I also make it clear that there are no stupid questions and I am available for questions via email or phone anytime after class.

I travel to give private classes also. For just a few people and a place for everyone to sit and listen I will come give a Power Point lecture class. My Wife is an instructor too and helps out with each class. I also give private classes at my home classroom in Oskaloosa.

Let me know if I can help

Steve
Hawkeye Firearms Instruction
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 7:47:27 PM EDT
[#2]
My girlfriend took class from Lori her and her husband are great people my girlfriend felt very comfortable being it was taught by a woman and they did offer range time and she liked that because it was more comfortable with a woman

http://www.fe4w.com
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 12:15:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Good to see you are still kicking, Steve.  Is she going to carry that pink sig?  Last I knew, her sister hadn't renewed her permit after shall issue went through.  Are they both going to go, or just her?

I'm about to start squeaking again for the winter.  If your brother in law and I ever manage to sync up I'll give you a call before we go out.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 5:08:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good to see you are still kicking, Steve.  Is she going to carry that pink sig?  Last I knew, her sister hadn't renewed her permit after shall issue went through.  Are they both going to go, or just her?

I'm about to start squeaking again for the winter.  If your brother in law and I ever manage to sync up I'll give you a call before we go out.
View Quote

I don't know if her sister has one or not anymore.  I have mine, so it will be just her.  I'm leaning towards an online class and taking her out to the range once it warms up.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top