Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 11:07:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Their last email talked about all of the State Senators who weren't there this session.

Mr. Dorr forgot to mention his missing corrupt buddy who he used to work closely with, Ex-Senator Kent Sorensen.

Anybody want to jog my memory as to the relationship between Sorensen, Dorr, and the Bachman fiasco, you know, just to keep this thread bumped. (Seems like a good way to kick of the start of this General Assembly.)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Their last email talked about all of the State Senators who weren't there this session.

Mr. Dorr forgot to mention his missing corrupt buddy who he used to work closely with, Ex-Senator Kent Sorensen.

Anybody want to jog my memory as to the relationship between Sorensen, Dorr, and the Bachman fiasco, you know, just to keep this thread bumped. (Seems like a good way to kick of the start of this General Assembly.)

The actual charge that got him was failure to report campaign finance funds. An Iowa senator taking money from a campaign in exchange for support is a violation of state senate ethics rules, not laws, but all that could happen from that is censure, I believe.

Dorr set up a deal with .. forgot who?... for Kent Sorenson to take around $75,000 through a hidden deal in exchange for endorsing a different presidential candidate. Then Kent Sorenson did it, and kept it hidden. Then Kent got found out and lost in court. Then Sorenson exercised freedom of self and failed several piss tests in a row while on parole.
I see that the Kent Sorenson wikipedia page is somewhat lacking in details about it all. The page could probably benefit from some more specific names verified in the court proceedings. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kent_Sorenson#2012_Republican_presidential_caucus_and_ethics_controversy

Edited to add more details:
A good summary is at http://www.opensecrets.org/news/2013/08/ron-paul-campaign-accused-of-trying/

In an Oct. 29, 2011 email, a representative of Iowa state Sen. Kent Sorenson, a Republican, asks the Paul campaign to provide Sorenson with $8,000 per month in salary for him, $5,000 per month in salary for a Sorenson ally, as well as $100,000 in contributions for a newly created PAC that Sorenson planned to use to support conservative candidates for Iowa state office.

In exchange, the email, which was allegedly written by Aaron Dorr, executive director of Iowa Gun Owners, says Sorenson would abandon his support for Rep. Michele Bachmann‘s campaign, endorse Paul, campaign for him and provide access to an email list of Iowans who support homeschooling.
The lengthy memo sent on Oct. 29, 2011, was addressed to John Tate, who was then the Ron Paul 2012 campaign manager, Dorr not only lays out Sorenson’s alleged requests for money and what he will do in return, but says that because of a major Iowa Senate leadership meeting coming up on Nov. 10, Sorenson couldn’t quit the Bachmann campaign until Nov. 11. In a second email chain Fusaro provided, Benton emails Dorr on Nov. 14, writing that, “with those meetings in the rear-view mirror, I though(sic) now might be a good time to revisit Kent and your brother joining our team.”

On Nov. 21, Dorr replied to Benton and Tate that he was going to step out of the negotiations because Dimitri Kesari, a Ron Paul staffer, had gone to Sorenson’s house for dinner.
As I’m no longer needed to facilitate a conversation at this point, I’ll bow out and let you, John, Dimitri and Kent work this out,” Dorr wrote.

In Sorenson's guilty plea and stipulation of facts, neither Dorr nor anyone else is actually named, giving them plausible deniability. It refers to things like "Political Candidate X" and "his representative" and "Political Operative D"
http://www.scribd.com/doc/237928393/Kent-Sorenson-Statement-of-Facts
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:42:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Did you know that
Iowa is one of the worst states in the nation when it comes to gun control laws.
View Quote

I hadn't realized it, but I have seen the light since the IGO email told me that this morning.

The usual email
1) FUD
2) some moderately accurate info about our laws
3) FUD
4) takin' credit, implication that IGO got concealed carry reform passed
5) please agree to your most generous contribution of $500, $250 or $100 right away.
If that’s too much, please agree to at least $50 or $25.
Every dollar will help me push forward for Stand-Your-Ground in Iowa.
So please sign your Stand-Your-Ground petitions and make your most generous contribution of $500, $250, $100, $50 or $25 IMMEDIATELY!

6) YOURS IN FREEDOM!!!!!, Aaron Dorr
7) PS I hope you’ll consider contributing your most generous contribution of $500, $250, $100, $50 or $25 IMMEDIATELY!

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 7:28:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Did you know that

I hadn't realized it, but I have seen the light since the IGO email told me that this morning.

The usual email
1) FUD
3) FUD
5) please agree to your most generous contribution of $500, $250 or $100 right away.
So please sign your Stand-Your-Ground petitions and make your most generous contribution of $500, $250, $100, $50 or $25 IMMEDIATELY!

7) PS I hope you’ll consider contributing your most generous contribution of $500, $250, $100, $50 or $25 IMMEDIATELY!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Did you know that
Iowa is one of the worst states in the nation when it comes to gun control laws.

The usual email
1) FUD
3) FUD

I went to a gun show this weekend.  The IGO booth asked me as I walked by if I knew that I would go to jail for defending myself outside of my own home.  He wanted me to sign a petition to support stand your ground.  I asked if there was a bill presented before the Iowa Congress yet.  He said there is one.  I asked who the sponsor or author was.  He didn't know.  

The entire petition is so they can get gun show attendants phone/email/address to continue to push every chance they get.  This is why I support IFC.  Interesting how IFC is going to work while IGO is trying to sell t-shirts and begging for the money to the point of making it seem like 50 is a shamefully small amount to give.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:11:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I went to a gun show this weekend.  The IGO booth asked me as I walked by if I knew that I would go to jail for defending myself outside of my own home.  He wanted me to sign a petition to support stand your ground.  I asked if there was a bill presented before the Iowa Congress yet.  He said there is one.  I asked who the sponsor or author was.  He didn't know.  

The entire petition is so they can get gun show attendants phone/email/address to continue to push every chance they get.  This is why I support IFC.  Interesting how IFC is going to work while IGO is trying to sell t-shirts and begging for the money to the point of making it seem like 50 is a shamefully small amount to give.
View Quote

spot on...
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 2:25:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Today's FUD, mixed with a lesson in how to do addition and multiplication:

Moments ago, I finished a long phone call with our chief bill sponsor in the Iowa State Senate, Senator Rick Bertrand, about the current status of Stand-Your-Ground law here in Iowa.

And I can tell you this, as a result of all your phone calls, Facebook messages, emails, and personal visits with your legislator at weekend forums - the anti-gun members of the Iowa Senate are in a complete tizzy.

They know that they’re in a bind.

Either they can pass this bill through the Senate, and risk losing some of their caucus at the next election cycle who vote against your right to self-defense – or continue to blockade the bill in which case they'll be held responsible for killing SF137.

While I can’t speak for all of you, the resounding message that I have heard from thousands of members all across the state in the past few weeks is to press ahead at all costs, and to do all we can to obtain a vote on Stand-Your-Ground law in the State Senate.

So today I am asking for your help.

Make no mistake, Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman, Steve Sodders, (D-36) is on the ropes.

Multiple inside sources indicate that he is getting hammered with good old-fashioned grassroots attention from gun owners like you who are sick and tired of him blockading Senate File 137, the Iowa Stand-Your-Ground bill.

And that’s why I’m writing you today, asking you to enable me to increase the pressure even more, by funding the state-wide media blitz that Iowa Gun Owners kicked off just this morning! More on that in a minute.

Stand-Your-Ground is very simple: if you are attacked in a public place that you are lawfully allowed to be, you would be enabled to defend yourself without having to retreat first.

Dozens of states already have laws like this on the books, including neighboring Illinois, not otherwise known for being friendly to gun-owners.

But Chairman Sodders, to date, is trying to kill this bill.

As a result, law-abiding Iowans will continue to go to jail for defending themselves or their loved ones from violent criminal attackers.

Jay R. Lewis, who we have talked much about this year, is a tragic case study that occurred just a few minutes away from the Iowa Gun Owners office.

After demanding that the violent criminals who were attacking him “get back,” eleven times, according to the 911 audio, Mr. Lewis was forced to defend himself by firing a single shot from his .380 handgun.

Thanks to the anti-gun County Attorney in Polk County, Mr. Lewis ended up serving 112 days in jail with a bond he simply could not pay.

A jury of his peers found him “not guilty” in 90 minutes, but the damage had been done, as Mr. Lewis had lost his job, his apartment, and had all of his possessions put out on the street corner – all because he did not retreat further before defending himself.

State Senator Steve Sodders would have you believe that we already have Stand-Your-Ground law here in Iowa, but he’s lying to you - purposely confusing Castle Doctrine (which gives you protections in your home or business) with Stand-Your-Ground law.

If we had Stand-Your-Ground law, Jay Lewis would never have been arrested, much less have his entire world turned upside-down.

While powerful political forces in Iowa are strongly encouraging Iowa Gun Owners to take the pressure off legislators like Steve Sodders, I can assure you that we're doing no such thing.

In fact, moments ago, I finished a call with IGO’s media consultant and have approved a state-wide media buy that kicked off this morning, highlighting Chairman Sodders’ refusal to defend law-abiding Iowans.

These ads will be running on WHO radio in Des Moines, covering almost the entire state.

But I need your help.

Running these ads, across a multitude of media formats, is going to be expensive.

But, factoring in all the various media formats that we'll be airing this spot, we’re looking at a more manageable $41.10 per spot price.

Will you help us keep this ad on the air?

We simply must double down the pressure on Chairman Sodders!

The alternative is to sit back while more law-abiding gun owners are thrown in jail by anti-gun prosecutors, just because they defended themselves or their loves ones.

It could be you. It could be someone you love. It could be me.

All we know is that as long as Chairman Sodders believes the pressure on him is dying down, the chances of him passing this legislation through his committee get slimmer.

That’s why I’m urging you to help us double down the pressure on Chairman Sodders.

Perhaps you can afford more than one ad.

$123.30 will pay for three of these spots. $205.50 will pay for 5 of these spots. And for $411.00, you can personally keep 10 of these ads running on the air across the state of Iowa.

Imagine the satisfaction you’ll feel, knowing that this radical anti-gun Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman is getting inundated with phone calls thanks directly to your contribution!

That’s why I hope you’ll do all you can to help us keep these ads on the air!

So whether you can cover one ad for $41.10, or you can partner up with some of your friends from the gun club and cover 10 ads, I hope you’ll do whatever you can, TODAY!

Chairman Sodders and the rest of the anti-gun members of the Iowa State Senate are desperately hoping that you and I will go away.

They are desperately hoping that they do not have to vote on this bill.

They are desperately hoping that you and I simply tire of trying to advance our gun rights here in Iowa.

I don’t know about you, but I refuse to let that happen!

The ads that I have linked you to above will be running all week long, thanks to a select number of IGO donors who feel very passionate about this issue.

My hope is to extend the length of these ads, and even target other anti-gun members of the Iowa Senate with additional ads.

So please be as generous as you can, I don’t want to meet any more Jay R. Lewis’ in my office – law-abiding Iowans whose lives have been turned upside down by a vicious system that does not always appreciate your right to keep and bear arms.

Please do what you can today!

For Freedom,

Aaron Dorr
Executive Director

P.S. Despite multiple messages being conveyed to our office to back off of anti-gun Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Steve Sodders, Iowa Gun Owners isn't backing down.

Moments ago, I approved a huge media buy, that will run on state-wide radio this week, to highlight Senator Sodders’ refusal to advance S.F. 137 – the Iowa Stand-Your-Ground law.

These ads are running now, thanks to some select IGO donors who wanted to make this program a reality.

But I hope to do more. I hope to target additional members of the anti-gun leadership in the State Senate and extend these ads into next week as well.

$41.10 will keep one ad running, $123.30 will pay for three of these spots, and for $205.50, 5 of these ads will be heard by tens of thousands of Iowans.

And for $411.00, you can sit back and know that hundreds of thousands of Iowans will be made aware of Senator Sodders’ refusal to stand up for law-abiding gun owners in Iowa.

Whatever you can afford, whether one ad or ten, please do it TODAY.

We have to make critical decisions about next week’s ads, in only a matter of days.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/23/2015 1:48:42 PM EDT
[#6]
The latest in the BS. Note how they reference certain groups (the only possible groups being IFC and the NRA) that just accept Gronstal's "NO" and walk away (I highlighted this in bold and blue). Get ready for the stupid, I can see the pattern emerging again.

Dear xxxxx,                     February 23, 2015  

Mike Gronstal.

Almost every gun owner across the state of Iowa recognizes the name of Senate Majority Leader Mike Gronstal as being synonymous with blockading almost every pro-gun bill that has been introduced in the Iowa State Senate for almost a decade.

Constitutional Carry? Gronstal killed it.

The Firearms Freedom Act? Gronstal blocked it.

Suppressor legislation? Gronstal says NO!

Now, Mike Gronstal is doing everything he can to stop Stand-Your-Ground legislation, Senate File 137, from even coming up for a vote.

This is how Gronstal always operates.

Rather than allowing legislation to be voted on in the Iowa State Senate, Gronstal simply ensures that these bills never come up for a vote.

The reason is simple. Gronstal knows what happens to members of his caucus that vote against Iowans’ right to keep and bear arms.

Over the last couple of election cycles, numerous members of his caucus have been removed from office once gun owners were made aware of the radically anti-gun records held by their State Senator.

Just last year, after Iowa Gun Owners embarked on a months-long education program designed to highlight the fact that State Senator Daryl Beall was introducing Michael Bloomberg styled legislation in the Iowa State Senate, the voters removed this long-time Senator from office.

Gronstal knows this, and that’s why he’s trying to avoid having Stand-Your-Ground come up for a vote in the Iowa Senate.

This, despite the fact that Senate File 137 already has the cosponsorship of 24 members of the State Senate!

Two votes short of passage!

Some organizations in Iowa, when they’re told “NO” by politicians like Gronstal, simply throw up their hands and say to themselves: “We’ll try again next year.”

Few organizations are willing to confront Grosntal head-on for his obstructionist policies.

But this is Iowa Gun Owners.

That’s why, moments ago, Iowa Gun Owners kicked off another round of radio ads across the state – this time, targeting Mike Gronstal.

We are already hearing tremendous feedback on the radio ads that were run across the state on Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Steve Sodders last week.

And thanks to the overwhelming support of all of you, we have been able to expand this program to include the Senate Majority leader himself.

Check out the ad below – I think you’re going to love it!

You see, Mike Gronstal wants to have his cake and eat it too.

At election time, he talks a lot about being in favor of the right to keep and bear arms – thus convincing some organizations here in Iowa to blindly support him in his reelection efforts.

Then, once safely back in office, Gronstal continues his decades-long policy of blockading almost every single gun bill that is introduced into “his” Senate from ever getting a hearing, much less getting passed out of the State Senate.

Gun Owners in Council Bluffs tell us that often times they don’t even know of the radical actions being taken by their Senator in “far away” Des Moines.

Gronstal knows this.

Gronstal bets on this.

Gronstal has survived on this ignorance for a long time.

That’s why in addition to running these ads on WHO radio in Des Moines, I hope to run these ads on stations all over the Council Bluffs area, including KFAB, KXKT and KGOR – ensuring that EVERY gun owner in Western Iowa is made aware of what Mike Gronstal is doing to shut down Stand-Your-Ground law in Des Moines.

Can you help us?

So many of you have already done so much to help us with the ads that we ran on Judiciary Chairman Steve Sodders.

In fact, your response was simply humbling. But we can’t stop now.

Mike Gronstal is the one who controls the puppet strings in the State Senate, and it is essential that gun owners in HIS district know what he is doing right now to shut down Stand-Your-Ground law.

The good news is that the average cost of these ads is only $41.10

So if you can help keep these ads on the air, for just $41.10, please do so now!

For $41.10 you can play a direct role in stopping Mike Gronstal’s history of blockading your Second Amendment rights.

For $123.30 you can personally ensure that 3 of these ads run across the state.

For $205.50 you can have the satisfaction of knowing that you have reached out to gun owners all the way from Cedar Rapids to the Missouri River, letting them know exactly what Senator Gronstal is trying to keep secret in Des Moines.

And for $411.00 you can fund 10 of these crucial spots, ensuring that tens of thousands of gun owners are mobilized into this fight!

Whatever amount you choose to give is totally up to you.

Every penny that you give, however, is going immediately to help fund these crucial ads.

Sometimes you may wonder what, exactly, is being done with the resources that you generously bestow upon us. Dozens of anti-gun legislators can tell you, first hand, how those resources are expended at election time.

But in this particular instance, you can have the immediate satisfaction of knowing that you are personally responsible for airing the ads that will be heard by thousands of people.

I don’t want to meet any more Jay R. Lewis’ in my office.

Jay Lewis, the gun owner who was forced to defend himself in Des Moines in 2012, wrongfully spent 112 days in jail as an innocent man after being forced to defend himself with a firearm.

While he eventually emerged from jail a free man, his life was in shambles as he lost his job, his apartment, and every single piece of his personal property, except for the clothes that he was arrested in.

He sat in our office a broken man.

IGO members came to his aid, to be sure, but that shouldn’t happen to anybody – Republican, Democrat, or Independent.

For Mike Gronstal, sadly, the Second Amendment is all about what benefits him and his political party.

The innocent Iowan victims who are harmed by his deliberate inaction mean nothing to him.

(IGO’S Aaron Dorr, at right, with Jay R. Lewis in the Iowa State Capitol in 2012, fighting for Stand-Your-Ground law.)

Iowa needs Stand-Your-Ground law.

Illinois has it.

South Dakota has it.

Dozens of states have it.

Now it’s Iowa’s turn, and Mike Gronstal’s long history of blockading pro-gun bills needs to end.

So please help us keep these ads running on the radio all across Iowa.

24 votes. We have 24 votes on this bill right now. We just need 2 more.

Help us do it!

Thank you in advance, for whatever you can do.

For Freedom,

Aaron Dorr
Executive Director

P.S. Despite the fact that dozens of states already have Stand-Your-Ground law, and that 24 members of the Iowa State Senate have already cosponsored Senate File 137, Senate Majority Leader Mike Gronstal seems determined to keep this bill from coming up for a vote.

Gronstal has done this for years. Many organizations are afraid to confront him.

But this is Iowa Gun Owners, which is why, just moments ago, we kicked off a another round of state-wide radio ads - this time highlighting Gronstal and his refusal to support your 2nd Amendment rights.

I think you’ll like the ad.

For $41.10, you can keep these ads on the air. For $123.30 you can run 3 of these spots, for $205.50 thousands of people across the state will be mobilized to this fight.

And for $411 you can have the personal satisfaction of knowing that you have alerted tens of thousands of Iowans to the obstructionist policies of Iowa’s ranking tyrant, Mike Gronstal.

Thank you, in advance, for all that you do to fight for our second amendment rights here in Iowa.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 1:32:10 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm curious, has anyone heard one of these radio ads that they are attempting to get people to pay for?

If so what was your take on them? I scanned WHO while driving to and from work but didn't hear any of them.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 2:36:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm curious, has anyone heard one of these radio ads that they are attempting to get people to pay for?

If so what was your take on them? I scanned WHO while driving to and from work but didn't hear any of them.
View Quote

the reason you haven't heard them.  Is because people like you haven't given them 411 dollars yet.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 4:55:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Buying too many ads would cut funding for trucks, offices, salaries, or whatever they currently spend it on.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 12:14:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Well, I feel like I've completed a right of passing.  I posted a comment in regards to their latest derp video on stand your ground.  Deleted as soon as you disagree with them.  So stupid and sad.  

Now let's get this Senate bill through!!!!
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 6:49:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Hey, a shout out from Colorado to my brothers in Iowa!  The following are my opinions based on my personal observations and experiences.

Let me apologize in advance for our unintentional export of douchebaggery to the rest of the country in the form of NAGR (National Association of Gun Rights) and the affiliated state level organizations cut from the same cloth.  I'm pretty confident all of these things are metastases of Dudley Brown's RMGO (Rocky Mountain Gun Owners).  After Brown discovered Paramount Communication Group marketing engines as a way to build a money machine for NAGR, it has all gone nationwide.  The M.O. is always the same: position themselves as the true gun rights lobby and the only no-compromise game in town (as if that's smart or something).  Spread unsubstantiated FUD wherever possible. Put down every other gun rights organization (the fundraising competition) like GOA, NRA, SAF, etc..  Those emails you guys get from IGO are virtually identical in every respect to the ones I get from RMGO because I was stupid enough to donate to them and actually become a member many years ago.  They never forget you.

Link Posted: 6/22/2015 6:53:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Sorry to have to split the post.  Guess I don't post often enough even though I joined in 2004 so I'm still "new".

These organizations Dudley Brown has spun off make money pitching us poor slobs with little if anything to show for it legislatively except alienated legislative advocates for our side.  I understand the resentment you all feel about them taking credit for the work of others.  I resent them for torpedoing "half-a-loaf" bills as if we could never come back for the rest later.   In Colorado, they have apparently cost us a bill doubling of the mag limits to 30 by threatening GOP legislators with direct mail skullduggery if they supported it.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1744257_Colorado_increase_on_mag_limits__from_15_to_30__fails__Thanks__Dudley_Brown_and_NAGR.html&page=1

Here are the latest filings I can find.  They're from 2013.  I'm pretty sure the revenues are way up over these numbers now.

IGO:
IGO raked in $293K in 2013. Salaries were minimal or time donated.  Nothing was spent on lobbying, $99K on direct mail and postage, 31K on telemarketing, $28K on training, $14K on email, and $23K on advertising and self promotion, etc
http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.profile&ein=264110647#.VYh9UlVVhBc
http://990s.foundationcenter.org/990_pdf_archive/264/264110647/264110647_201312_990O.pdf

Link Posted: 6/22/2015 6:53:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Here's the rest.

NAGR raked in over $16 million in 2013. Dudley’s salary was $94,217 for 35 hrs/wk and he only spent $1.4M on lobbying.  $6M was on direct mail, $3.2M was on email, $344K on telemarketing and $334K on “Tour Promotion", etc.
http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.profile&ein=542015951#.VW5CJGRVhBc
http://990s.foundationcenter.org/990_pdf_archive/841/841368137/841368137_201312_990O.pdf

RMGO raked in $916K in 2013.  Dudley’s salary was $48,000 for 20 hrs/wk.  He spent $42K on lobbying, 133K on direct mail, 31K on telemarketing, $28K on training, $22K on email, and $291K on advertising and self promotion, etc.
http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.profile&ein=841368137#.VW5Fk2RVhBc
http://990s.foundationcenter.org/990_pdf_archive/542/542015951/542015951_201312_990O.pdf
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 1:04:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Wow, muzzleflash great information there, thank you!  We'll look into that and it will be used against them.  Iowans are starting to realize they're a fraud,  and we've been spreading the word on The Truth About IGO's Facebook and website.  We appreciate your help!
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 1:35:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
... Put down every other gun rights organization (the fundraising competition) like GOA, NRA, SAF, etc..  ....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
... Put down every other gun rights organization (the fundraising competition) like GOA, NRA, SAF, etc..  ....

Thanks for all that info, I'm sure it was a pain to dig it all up.

Regarding GOA, though: I haven't seen IGO denigrate them at all. Does NAGR/RMGO?   I talked with Larry Pratt (GOA's exec. director), and he said that he fully supports both Aaron Dorr personally and  IGO as an organization, even though I brought up the issues IGO is causing here, plus the Sorenson campaign fraud debacle.
Larry said, in these exact words:
Larry Pratt on March 4, 2014
"Yes, GOA would recommend the group to folks in Iowa.  I personally knew its head, Aaron Dorr, when he was a cop in Lynchburg, VA.  They try to model their activity on GOA's."

I responded that I would be canceling my supporting of GOA, and spreading the word that they support scamming anti-progress fund-raisers.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 1:40:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
IGO raked in $293K in 2013. Salaries were minimal or time donated.  Nothing was spent on lobbying, $99K on direct mail and postage, 31K on telemarketing, $28K on training, $14K on email, and $23K on advertising and self promotion, etc
View Quote

That leaves about 126,000 to play around with. Pretty good haul for a few youtube videos and a bunch of panic-mail/email. Unless they count the time spent on that those the above numbers, in which case it's even more.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 2:17:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Interesting response from GOA.  I didn't figure they would want to be associated with such.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 9:48:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 12:15:53 PM EDT
[#19]
View Quote

Let's not resort to ad-hominum attacks. plenty of other stuff IGO does that is horrible, and it sounds like there is a lot more (or less) to this specific story than is being reported.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 11:10:27 AM EDT
[#20]
an attack is now defined as a link to the continual fuck ups of a guy that represented iowans, citizens, 2A advocates, as well as purposely working against all of us for his own gain while publicly claiming he was working on our behalf?  that is an attack?
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 11:12:51 AM EDT
[#21]
if you feel sorry for him, that's fine.  i do not.  i know first hand just how much damage he did to our forward movement regarding 2A rights alone, to simply line his pockets and rise in status.

he has a propensity for domestic squabbles, smoking the mary jo anna, and other examples of asshattery all while waiting sentencing from the feds, and my pointing it out his character and alignment to IGO is an attack how andrew?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top