Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 4:56:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Voter number 155 at Roosevelt High School.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 7:00:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Voter 119.  That was around 9 am or so.  Busy, but not really much of a line.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 7:20:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I got there about 11:30, including myself, 6 voters whole time I was there.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 8:05:00 PM EDT
[#4]
#745 at 4:30 just down the road. The news man was there saying it was one of the busier locations. I wish it wasn't in a Catholic church, I almost burst into flames.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 8:41:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Freshly home from doing my part. Small town, still had to wait a couple minutes to get my vote in.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 9:02:09 PM EDT
[#6]
I was 487 around 3:00 pm today .   Walked in voted and walked out.

Joe
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 9:06:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Great job by all!
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 9:14:32 PM EDT
[#8]
I voted.  Got my sticker and everything.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 9:42:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Number 606 at approx. 6:40 tonight.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 10:38:53 PM EDT
[#10]
http://iowafc.org/blog/2014/11/04/ifc-iowa-senate-election-returns/

I'm attempting to live blog the polling results for the IA Senate once polls close at 9. Updates will be at the IFC website link above. I'll be doing my best to answer questions through the IFC Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/IowaFirearmsCoalition.

I'll do my best to update this thread, but it may become a lot to juggle. If that's the case I'll shift focus to interaction primarily via the IFC's Facebook page. Sorry non-facebook'ers. It's just easier that way...
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 10:43:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm attempting to live blog the polling results for the IA Senate once polls close at 9. Updates will be at the IFC website link above. I'll be doing my best to answer questions through the IFC Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/IowaFirearmsCoalition.

I'll do my best to update this thread, but it may become a lot to juggle. If that's the case I'll shift focus to interaction primarily via the IFC's Facebook page. Sorry non-facebook'ers. It's just easier that way...
View Quote

I saw it on facebook and have been stabbing refresh.  I didn't get a sticker for voting today and that made me a bit sad.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 10:46:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thanks for the links!
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 11:14:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Branstad projected to win!

eta: Channel 13 projecting Ernst winning as well!
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 11:18:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Here's hoping.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 11:35:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Cnn has ernst losing.....  Hope they are wrong.

Both fox and cnn show appel winning too....
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 11:37:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

I can't believe how early they are calling these.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 11:40:13 PM EDT
[#17]
I am moving if this state turns blue.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 11:42:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Watching Reynolds give her victory speech right now.

eta: meant Reynolds, not Ernst
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 11:45:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Polk pushed a republican and voted down Chaz Allen.  That's one off the IFC checklist right?
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 11:49:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Polk pushed a republican and voted down Chaz Allen.  That's one off the IFC checklist right?
View Quote

Too early to call at this point. Only 33 of 35 precincts reporting. IFC Priority candidates include:

SENATE:
Tim Kraayenbrink - SD05
Crystal Bruntz - SD15
Mike Moore - SD39
Mark Chelgren - SD41

HOUSE:
Brian Best - HD12
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:17:52 AM EDT
[#21]
How are the other seats faring?
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:22:59 AM EDT
[#22]
Joni Ernst just got called by fox.  This is good news.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:24:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
How are the other seats faring?
View Quote

Too early to say with any confidence. With the exception of SD15, most races have only about a quarter of their precincts reporting.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:30:17 AM EDT
[#24]
So much for taking the Sec of State website at face value.  They just went back and changed 35 of 35 precincts to 33 of 35. (state senate d15)
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:33:28 AM EDT
[#25]
ABC News has allegedly just called the race in favor of Joni with approximately 2/3's of precincts reporting.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:38:20 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
ABC News has allegedly just called the race in favor of Joni with approximately 2/3's of precincts reporting.
View Quote

she is up almost 50k votes right now.  I think that is a pretty solid call considering what areas are yet to be counted.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:41:24 AM EDT
[#27]
Joni taking the stage right now!
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:43:16 AM EDT
[#28]
Imagine how much closer it would have been if he and his wife had just not been jerks about the chickens.

Tomorrow will be a satisfying day to be that neighbor.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:57:34 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
#745 at 4:30 just down the road. The news man was there saying it was one of the busier locations. I wish it wasn't in a Catholic church, I almost burst into flames.
View Quote

haha hey, you managed to get through my wedding. I was surprised that I didn't burst into flames after that fiasco...
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 1:03:47 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Too early to call at this point. Only 33 of 35 precincts reporting. IFC Priority candidates include:

SENATE:
Tim Kraayenbrink - SD05
Crystal Bruntz - SD15
Mike Moore - SD39
Mark Chelgren - SD41

HOUSE:
Brian Best - HD12
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

SENATE:
Tim Kraayenbrink - SD05
Crystal Bruntz - SD15
Mike Moore - SD39
Mark Chelgren - SD41

HOUSE:
Brian Best - HD12

jesus it is looking bad across the board.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 1:31:15 AM EDT
[#31]
CONGRATULATIONS IOWA!!! iowa and illinois has lots to celebrate tonight!
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 1:35:47 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
CONGRATULATIONS IOWA!!! iowa and illinois has lots to celebrate tonight!
View Quote

Looks like the state senate will not be taken at this point.  Lots of good things for Americans but for Iowan gun owners it is still a very neutral position as far as I can tell.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 1:38:46 AM EDT
[#33]
Yeah. A quick scan through election reports has me thinking the dems actually picked up a seat in the state Senate. I hope I'm wrong come morning.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 1:41:35 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Yeah. A quick scan through election reports has me thinking the dems actually picked up a seat in the state Senate. I hope I'm wrong come morning.
View Quote

they spent a lot of money.  Im not going to start stuff about shady tactics yet but I think there are a good number of them going on.  Maybe not illegal but definitely grey.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 1:59:56 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm seeing the GOP picking up one seat - SD05 Tim Kraayenbrink is currently beating Daryl Beall.

That would mean a 25-25 split in the Senate. I BELIEVE that means we'd have the GOP picking the committee chairs (good news).

Bad news is, I'm not 100% certain that's how it works. There's some talk that it may be a GOP/DEM co-chair situation. No idea how that would play out in the Senate Judiciary Committee...

In my rush to tally everything up, I made a miscalculation. Sorry guys. Full explanation below.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 2:07:07 AM EDT
[#36]
SD05 Tim Kraayenbrink is our biggest hope right now.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 9:14:12 AM EDT
[#37]
nvmd
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 9:21:23 AM EDT
[#38]
So according to the IFC website, it looks like Chelgren and  Kraayenbrink made it through. Where does that put us?
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 9:33:28 AM EDT
[#39]
Democrats still have a majority in the state senate.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 9:51:30 AM EDT
[#40]
By how much?
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 10:19:33 AM EDT
[#41]
by two seats.  Chaz Allen lost in Polk County but must have won Jasper in the end.  Not sure about the other close seat.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 11:07:54 AM EDT
[#42]
Sorry guys, I swore it hit submit on a brief recap last night. Regardless, here you go.

Short version:
We failed to flip the Iowa Senate. We remain stuck at looking at a 26-24 majority. Rob Hogg will likely remain as chair of the Senate Judiciary Committee.

Longer version:
We won in SD05 - Tim Kraayenbrink beat Daryl Beall. This district flipped from blue to red. We lost in SD39 - Mike Moore lost to Kevin Kinney. This district flipped from red to blue. Those were the only two Iowa Senate seats that flipped control, and they cancelled each other out. Thus we remain stuck 26-24. We needed at least one more district to go red. We need to get our act together and get more involved. IFC won 3 of our 5 priority races, but that's not good enough. We're going to be taking a good hard look at what needs to be done better. On a personal note I'd like to say voting is not enough guys. That's just doing our civic duty. If we really want to make things happen we have to get involved in the political process. That means volunteering with candidates. Door knocking. Phone calling. Going to townhall meetings. Caucusing. Speaking up in general. Like it or not, THAT's how we defend our 2A rights.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 11:15:07 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
SD05 Tim Kraayenbrink is our biggest hope right now.
View Quote

Adios Beall,ya fucking POS!

Wish we could have flipped the Senate,but I am happy as shit to have gotten rid of Beall and got Ernst in!
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 1:30:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Sorry guys, I swore it hit submit on a brief recap last night. Regardless, here you go.

Short version:
We failed to flip the Iowa Senate. We remain stuck at looking at a 26-24 majority. Rob Hogg will likely remain as chair of the Senate Judiciary Committee.

Longer version:
We won in SD05 - Tim Kraayenbrink beat Daryl Beall. This district flipped from blue to red. We lost in SD39 - Mike Moore lost to Kevin Kinney. This district flipped from red to blue. Those were the only two Iowa Senate seats that flipped control, and they cancelled each other out. Thus we remain stuck 26-24. We needed at least one more district to go red. We need to get our act together and get more involved. IFC won 3 of our 5 priority races, but that's not good enough. We're going to be taking a good hard look at what needs to be done better. On a personal note I'd like to say voting is not enough guys. That's just doing our civic duty. If we really want to make things happen we have to get involved in the political process. That means volunteering with candidates. Door knocking. Phone calling. Going to townhall meetings. Caucusing. Speaking up in general. Like it or not, THAT's how we defend our 2A rights.
View Quote

I'll add to that, if ANYONE wants to get going with this kind of stuff, but isn't sure what to say, or how to articulate what they're thinking, I'm MORE THAN WILLING to help you fine tune your message. There are plenty of others that are willing to help also. We can't do this with just a few people. Anything I can do to get more of you guys plugged in I'll do it.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top