Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2014 5:11:52 PM EDT
I wonder when the rest of them are going to get the hook?

http://whotv.com/2014/10/13/former-state-senator-violates-probation-fails-drug-test/
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 6:21:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I wonder when the rest of them are going to get the hook?

http://whotv.com/2014/10/13/former-state-senator-violates-probation-fails-drug-test/
View Quote

Some time after a former senator on probation fails a drug test and gets something other than a suggestion that no action be taken.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 6:25:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Why test if there is going to be "no action"?  If you can't hold off on the recreational drugs when your on probation and know you will be tested, then when will you "just say no".
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 6:57:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Maybe he plays frisbee golf!
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 8:51:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why test if there is going to be "no action"?  If you can't hold off on the recreational drugs when your on probation and know you will be tested, then when will you "just say no".
View Quote

While I've never met said convicted subject, his past words and deeds smack of arrogance such that he knew (or at least thought he knew) that he would suffer no ill consequences for his actions.

As far as that goes, if they don't do anything to any of the other low life scum on probation for like infractions, why should they treat him differently?

Our Criminal Justice System is severely broken...
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 10:36:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Maybe he is thinking he will get the judge that dealt with David Flores.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 11:37:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Maybe he plays frisbee golf!
View Quote

I almost spit up my drink laughing when i read that.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 8:36:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Interesting, Sorenson is not on probation, he is being supervised by a Probation Officer while he is out on bond/bail awaiting sentencing. This type of behavior is usually rewarded with a revocation of bond/bail and requires pre sentencing confinement.

He has no political power anymore, so there is no reason not to to lock him up, other than the judgment of the PO. How close is his sentencing ruling? If it's close, my guess is he will go directly into lockup that day.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top