BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:50:05 PM EDT
[#1]
It is on and official! See you in Iowa right after our quick trip to Connecticut.

Oct 28th -30th: I (SCDonttreadonme/ Tim Knight) am headed to Iowa with Sean Maloney of Buckeye Firearms Association(he is staying a few days more). Another brilliant Buckeye might be coming too. We are just there to be an example and making a difference across the nation. Stand with me, Trigger the Vote & keep our Republic .... Hope to meet a few of you as well.

Follow our adventures on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/2ndshift4liberty

Bio's:
Timothy Knight (IFC Life member)
Is the founder & architect of the 2013 Colorado recalls that sent gun-grabbing Senate President John Morse and Senator Angela Giron packing and forced a third to resign. He teamed up with six other political novices, strangers to each other before but who made 137 years of Colorado history by recalling those two senators. They even beat a combined Obama-Clinton political machine backed by Bloomberg’s capital trying to stop them from accomplishing the impossible. And they did it twice in one day. What started as a spark in Colorado has become a brushfire of liberty and an inspiration to ordinary citizens across this great country. Timothy is an example that you CAN make a difference despite what may seem overwhelming odds.

Sean Maloney
Sean is a defense attorney and member of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers who practices in all areas of firearm-related law, including 2nd Amendment rights, criminal defense, federal and state restoration of gun rights, and federal NICS appeals. He has appeared as an expert witness in a variety of civil lawsuits related to firearms. In addition, he is Chairman of the Butler County Friends of NRA Committee, a multi-discipline Certified NRA Instructor, NRA Golden Eagle Benefactor Life Member, NRA-ILA Election Volunteer Coordinator, NRA Board of Directors Grassroots Committee member, and Leader with the award-winning Buckeye Firearms Association in Ohio. Counsels Ohio School Boards and assists them in implementing armed teachers and administrators after attending active killer training to keep our children safe. As a Volunteer fought MAIG head on in Colorado and won recall elections! Besides Ohio, traveled to Colorado, Virginia, and now Connecticut to work on NRA endorsed campaigns.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:38:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I submitted my info.  I'm not close to the districts they're targeting, but thought I would try to chip in anyways.  I was pissed last year when they killed all the pro gun legislation, so I can't sit around and just bitch.  I want them suppressors!!!
View Quote

Getting in anyway is the deal.  There are 10 Republican call sites across the state and you should be close to one of them.  At this stage, they are spending A LOT of time calling registered Republicans that have requested an absentee ballet to make sure they return it.  The system they have setup is simple, painless, and easy to work.  They give you a script to read but after about 3 times you will probably figure out it's just best to be yourself and talk to folks like they're your friends.  

I spent several hours doing this today and out of hundreds of calls, I had one person hangup on me.  That was far offset by the lady that said she was praying for me because of all the good work I was doing.

Get in there or regret it for the rest of your life.  THIS IS THE YEAR TO MAKE HISTORY!!!!!

Tom
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:57:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Get in there or regret it for the rest of your life.  THIS IS THE YEAR TO MAKE HISTORY!!!!!

Tom
View Quote

Tom you are spot on and I hope to get to meet you in Iowa. It is folks willing to make a difference that makes all of this travel totally worth it.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:37:36 PM EDT
[#4]
where are you coming in Iowa?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:26:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
where are you coming in Iowa?
View Quote

Des Moines metro, but travel/car are happening so I can get where ever I am needed. My great friend and grassroots wonder Sean Malone will be traveling the state until Sunday.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:12:34 AM EDT
[#6]
You are a good man, Mr. Knight.  I hope to meet you when you are in Dsm.  I don't do facebook , but will follow this thread.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 11:24:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Update:

Tim and Sean will be joining IFC communication director Barry Snell on Jan Mickelson's show on WHO radio tomorrow morning. These guys are slated to come on at 10am. They'll be discussing the current state of 2nd Amendment affairs in Iowa. IFC's priority races, and I'm betting the Colorado recalls they orchestrated will come up as well.

Please tune in, and if you have the opportunity call in.

These guys will also be doing some volunteer work in our priority races as well, and holding a few rallies this coming weekend as well.

I'll post more details on those tomorrow.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:08:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Update:

Tim and Sean will be joining IFC communication director Barry Snell on Jan Mickelson's show on WHO radio tomorrow morning. These guys are slated to come on at 10am. They'll be discussing the current state of 2nd Amendment affairs in Iowa. IFC's priority races, and I'm betting the Colorado recalls they orchestrated will come up as well.

Please tune in, and if you have the opportunity call in.

These guys will also be doing some volunteer work in our priority races as well, and holding a few rallies this coming weekend as well.

I'll post more details on those tomorrow.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:06:52 AM EDT
[#9]
LIVE STREAM the IFC interview on Mickelson in the Morning.

http://www.iheart.com/live/1040-WHO-925/

Once the podcast is up I'll do my best to get it posted here for anyone that may miss the show.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 1:00:04 AM EDT
[#10]
The show today was tons of fun. We were suppose to be on for a half hour, were were invited to stay for 90 min. We were able to really get tons of 2nd amendment grassroots stories, advice and get out the vote stuff done on the show along with some legal explanations (Sean Maloney!) of bad laws if voter don't pay attention. We got the Iowa political stuff done at the end of the show. Love working with IFC and I look very forward to working with them and some other great allies in the future. Sean Maloney and myself at our second Capitol in three days. Next stop Colorado ...

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:45:43 AM EDT
[#11]
i enjoyed the hell out of the show.  THANK YOU guys for coming into IA to help out and making it such a priority!

anyone with an internet connection should listen to the link kurt is going to post up.  essentially the whole show yesterday was 2A.  GREAT STUFF!
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:07:04 PM EDT
[#12]
WHO Radio interview Podcast - IFC panel starts ~35 minutes in

This was a great show that exceeded expectations. What was supposed to be a one segment discussion morphed into much more air time than that.

A great opportunity to spread the word about the upcoming election. Tim Knight and Sean Maloney were fantastic guests, and IFC's Barry Snell and Jeff Burkett nailed it (as usual).

If you take one thing away from this, make sure you vote, but more importantly make sure those within your sphere of influence are getting their votes in. That's how we make things happen!
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 11:52:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Secretary of State's website has Crystal Bruntz winning with all 35 precincts reporting. 6753 to 6655.

One more will get Hogg off the judiciary committee.

Edit: sucks that it didn't end this way.  I guess we didn't get enough hands on deck.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 11:53:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Here's the site:

http://electionresults.sos.iowa.gov/Views/TabularData.aspx?TabView=StateSenate^%C2%A0%20State%20Senate%20%C2%A0^84&ElectionID=84
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 9:59:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Secretary of State's website has Crystal Bruntz winning with all 35 precincts reporting. 6753 to 6655.
Edit: sucks that it didn't end this way.  I guess we didn't get enough hands on deck.
View Quote

The number of volunteers doesn't necessarily win an election. The number of voters who don't give a crap about the issue, or care more about other issues, has a huge influence. Also, the $$$ plays a not insignificant role. Sucks to be us. Hopefully someone <not COC compliant> soon so we can elect a replacement.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 5:44:47 PM EDT
[#16]
absentee votes pushed crystal out...  apparently when you, as a D, loot the many nursing homes in the area for votes, it pays off in dividends...

fucking despicable...
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 8:06:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The number of volunteers doesn't necessarily win an election. The number of voters who don't give a crap about the issue, or care more about other issues, has a huge influence. Also, the $$$ plays a not insignificant role. Sucks to be us. Hopefully someone <not COC compliant> soon so we can elect a replacement.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is my understanding that research suggests it takes between 7 and 11 "touches" to get an occasional republican registered voter to turn out.  Number of volunteers definitely makes more touching possible.

Also, it is my understanding Republicans as a group are less likely to vote absentee than Dems.
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 2:54:51 AM EDT
[#18]
I can't speak for my great friends in Iowa, but I do know many lesson are being learned, passed on and will be fixed elsewhere to be of better assistance if I have anything to say about it. Others are taking an interest as well. Sorry to be so vague, but after 4 states I learned the locals really have the connect and the artillery from afar needs adjustment. One of the reason I went to our mission was to check how effective the artillery really was; and make friends/allies to grow and continue to be more effective with.  I was most impressed with IFC, they were most effective and they will become an even bigger force for 2A. I would and will work with them any day.

and then Colorado got stuck with same mess because the powers that be here did not learn one lesson from the recalls and we gave them the play book!

No more messing around we need to do this ourselves and I am counting my friends in Iowa in! See you at the NRA annual meeting.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top