Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 9/5/2014 7:27:56 PM EDT
OK! Local good times alert!  Talked to one of the organizers tonight as they came to pick up some work we donated to the charity and the numbers are low.  I asked if they wanted me to do a shout out, and here we are!

9-6-14 - Saturday night at 6PM. Hunting for Heroes banquet at the Za Ga Zig Shrine in Altoona, IA.

NO COST to get in. NO COST for supper (Catered in from Woody's BBQ I might add).

The charity is looking to make money from donations and the money accumulated from the auction items. CCA has done Cerakoting and Smithing on several of items up for auction. LMT AR15s, to full rifle build from Moon @ Crescent Customs, and more. There is a chance some of this stuff could go real cheap which is a shame. We'd rather see things go high to make more money for the charity. But... If there are some really fly weapons and accessories that are going to go cheap, they might as well go cheap in central IA...

Andy and I are going to be there, so we'll see you then. We've got slots for 30 or 40 left, so if you come, we'll fit you in! Giggle a bit while listening to Mike Mancini the Comedian for your entertainment.

Just a little back ground on H4H: Hunting for Heroes is a non-profit organization designed to provide recreational therapy for severely disabled law enforcement officers who are injured in the line of duty. Hunting for Heroes will provide a hunting camp environment for the officers and allow them to connect with other families that have suffered life altering injuries.

This is a good group of guys and they've been a great little charity that really does some great stuff for severely disabled cops... Come on out and enjoy the fun, bid and win some great stuff, and listen to my jokes. I'm a funny guy, just ask me.

-Michael

PS- I'm not performing.  I just visualize myself doing so.  Mancini is the doing the real work on stage...  LOL.

Link Posted: 9/8/2014 11:32:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Hope the event went well. Was in Nebraska, couldn't make it.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 7:06:02 PM EDT
[#2]
it was really good...  i had a good time as did others.

with a lot of 'anti cop' sentiment out there at the moment, it was really cool for me to hear the stories of these guys who have taken lots of bullets and worse on the job.  i took special focus on what was going on around me so i can write about it and maybe publish my thoughts in a few magazines...

to say i was deeply impacted is an understatement...
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top