Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2014 11:07:04 AM EDT
Well, I know MRAPS are a hot topic here, but I just found this to be interesting to go through. Also, anyone know the crime rate of Buena Vista county?

Distribution Map
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 3:45:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Dang I would think it would be a pretty low crime rate.  I'm curious how they got the funding for 50 night vision devices, but only 9 pistols.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 7:23:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Well, I know MRAPS are a hot topic here, but I just found this to be interesting to go through. Also, anyone know the crime rate of Buena Vista county?

Distribution Map
View Quote

Buena Vista County, has 8% more property crime than Iowa, and is 8% below the nation’s average. Buena Vista County, has 3% less personal crime than Iowa and when compared to that of United States, Buena Vista County is 42% below the national average.

http://www.realtor.com/local/Buena-Vista-County_IA/lifestyle

Buena Vista County, IA, violent crime, on a scale from 1 (low crime) to 100, is 30. Violent crime is composed of four offenses: murder and non-negligent manslaughter, forcible rape, robbery, and aggravated assault. The US average is 41.4.

Buena Vista County, IA, property crime, on a scale from 1 (low) to 100, is 33. Property crime includes the offenses of burglary, larceny-theft, motor vehicle theft, and arson. The object of the theft-type offenses is the taking of money or property, but there is no force or threat of force against the victims. The US average is 43.5.

http://www.bestplaces.net/crime/county/iowa/buena_vista
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 7:57:30 PM EDT
[#3]
What is Emmet County sitting on for an armored vehicle?  It is labeled differently from the MRAPS obtained by other counties.

Interesting link.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:01:31 PM EDT
[#4]
There's another thread over in GD with county by county listings. Did Polk county really get 180+ M16s and 80+ M14s?
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:13:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There's another thread over in GD with county by county listings. Did Polk county really get 180+ M16s and 80+ M14s?
View Quote

Must've happened after I left in '06.  Only had 8 M14's with auto selectors removed at that time.  They were nice too.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 10:14:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Must've happened after I left in '06.  Only had 8 M14's with auto selectors removed at that time.  They were nice too.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Doesn't necessarily mean PCSO, but means there are that many issued to the agencies within Polk County.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 3:52:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm willing to bet 8 M14s are used for honor guard and color guard duty
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 7:41:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the link!

I knew that my county (Scott) has an MRAP....and the rifles and night vision devices...well it makes a bit of sense. At least here they had it painted shiny black instead of leaving it FDE.

What I don't get is why Jasper Co has an MRAP. Maybe to show off with at the track?
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top