Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2014 3:07:53 PM EDT
I just got an email:
This summer, we will be Grilling for Gun Sense all across the country! I’m hosting one with my father in law, will you join me?

From Saturday, August 23 to Saturday August 30th, supporters of Moms Demand Action are hosting BBQs to raise awareness for our Gun Sense Voter campaign. The campaign seeks pledges of support for local, state and federal candidates who support common sense gun laws.

Please join me and sign up to host a grilling for gun sense event! We're giving out custom chef's apron's to every host while supplies last.

When you sign up to host, we'll provide you with a simple tool kit of instructions and printouts for the event.

Grilling_for_Gun_Sense_graphic.png

These low-key, family-friendly events will help our state and Dads chapters reach out to their friends and neighbors, and to expand awareness of gun violence prevention as we head into the election season.

We are striving to make the discussion of gun violence and political accountability part of our daily lives. And what better place to start than at a backyard BBQ?

Please join us in this great opportunity to expand our membership and promote gun violence prevention!

See you at the grill!
Aimee Tavares
National Field Director
Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense In America
View Quote

So should I host an open carry BBQ for gun sense to raise awareness of gun violence prevention through deterrence?
www dot momsdemandaction dot org  slash house-party-submission-form

edit: what the hell, I can't make links cold any more?
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 3:59:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Well,  I would host one but the apartment lease doesn't allow grills.  Sorry.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 8:15:22 PM EDT
[#2]
My question is Who's the base sponsor for it all? Bloomberg?

Link Posted: 8/14/2014 10:17:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm down for an Open Carry BBQ. Fuck MDA, we could just do it somewhere public.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 10:33:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My question is Who's the base sponsor for it all? Bloomberg?

View Quote

yes. And It's really to bad that these moms are not getting enough action. I see a lot of advertisements on the internet claiming to help with that problem, but I guess that isn't enough :(
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 11:08:04 PM EDT
[#5]
If you can get Bloomberg to pay for a couple of cases of pork butts, I'll cook.

(I did 149 lbs last week for a much more noble cause - lunches for myself and a few friends for a good portion of this fall.)
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 11:18:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Done:

"We will be getting together to discuss the effects of firearms on  our society. There will be a speaker to address how we can most effectively end violence in our community at all hours of the day.  Another speaker will address how to identify opponents before they see you.  Plus there will be bounce house! "
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 11:23:00 PM EDT
[#7]
I want a end of the year BBQ
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 11:23:55 PM EDT
[#8]
A BOUNCE HOUSE?!?!?!!?
Oh hell yeah!
Can it be on a windy day so we can blow away like those kids a couple of months ago?
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 1:49:05 AM EDT
[#9]
please god is this something that they announce locally or goes out in a news letter or something?  How great would it be if someone showed up out at the range to eat burgers?  The 23rd is perfect
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 5:58:06 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a handgun just for BBQ's !     Heck, I would be OK with hot dogs and tater salad !
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top