Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2014 8:30:54 PM EDT
Does anyone know of an LGS in the QCA (IA side) or within a reasonable distance with stripped lowers in stock?

I recently bought a used rifle with a New Frontier Arms lower that I would love to replace.....

Edit: Would also be more than willing to deal with a local FFL to have one (or 3) shipped to as well as individual sellers.

Thanks!

Link Posted: 8/11/2014 8:54:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Yea I'd want to ditch that lower pretty fast. Question why not buy one online surly you have someone close that can do a reasonable transfer.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 9:01:04 PM EDT
[#2]
If you are going to be in DSM anytime soon, Rhine group has $65 Aero precision blems. They are the pictograms lowers and usually just have uneven engraving.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 9:57:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm fine with ordering online and having it shipped to a local FFL for transfer. Any suggestions on good people to deal with? I know there are plenty around....but is there an ARFCOM "approved" provider? I'd rather give money to good people.

As for getting to the DSM area....well I do have some work coming up in Newton soon so I might make the run over and check them out!
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 10:27:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm fine with ordering online and having it shipped to a local FFL for transfer. Any suggestions on good people to deal with? I know there are plenty around....but is there an ARFCOM "approved" provider? I'd rather give money to good people.

As for getting to the DSM area....well I do have some work coming up in Newton soon so I might make the run over and check them out!
View Quote

Newton, eh?

Give CCA a ring, they're pretty close and as 'arfcom approved' as they come. Bring your bicycle with you, it'll go over well.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 10:47:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Hilltop in Colona, across the river from you.  They will have RRA's in stock.

www.hilltopgunshop.com
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 11:57:18 AM EDT
[#6]
I don't stop there super often, but I know M and M Pawn Shop in Davenport has $10 FFL transfer fees. They're at:  1230 N Harrison St, Davenport, IA --  (563) 322-3589. They're almost right across from Central High School. I've never seen stripped lowers there, but the transfers are pretty dang cheap.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 12:19:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Does the rifle not work?
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 4:49:57 PM EDT
[#8]
farros lead farm in low moor
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 9:45:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Do you ever make it up to Mason City? Hart Bros usually has stripped lowers on hand. Manufacturers vary at times, I've seen Ardel Engineering, DPMS and Spike's over the past few years.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 10:51:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If you are going to be in DSM anytime soon, Rhine group has $65 Aero precision blems. They are the pictograms lowers and usually just have uneven engraving.
View Quote

If I had the correct address on my DL, I would have picked one up today when I was in. Got a Vortex Sparc 2 instead. Needed an optic for the just finished build, but I already want to start my next build.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 10:52:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

If I had the correct address on my DL, I would have picked one up today when I was in. Got a Vortex Sparc 2 instead. Needed an optic for the just finished build, but I already want to start my next build.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are going to like the sparc2 I know I really like mine. They have plenty of lowers, so get your address changed and you will be good to go.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 11:14:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

You are going to like the sparc2 I know I really like mine. They have plenty of lowers, so get your address changed and you will be good to go.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

bhouse1545 talked me into picking up the red dot today. I was really just looking for a Sig brace, but at the price for Vortex, I was in giddy my new pistol works and needs a red dot more than Sig brace mode.

Address got changed online when I moved, so I'm good if I get pulled over, just not good for new firearms purchases. I'm debating whether that's a good thing or a bad thing...
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 7:06:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for the replies everyone!

Lapidary - Did not know about Hilltop. Will check them out....although RRA lowers can be more expensive than others for reasons I don't know.  Don't get me wrong.....I have no problem with RRA quality. Every experience I have had with their products has been excellent.

CAESAR15 - I have read good things about M&M and I have been meaning to stop in. $10 transfer fee is excellent....and I might just end up buying other stuff from them as well......

Ameshawki - The rifle works fine as is. New Frontier Arms lower with stock polymer trigger and a commercial M4 stock. The upper is a RRA CAR AR with the flip up front sight. The biggest thing that I don't like about the NFA lower is how it feels when I run my fingers across it to take it off of safety, to close the bolt, or to eject the magazine. I also don't care for the sound and feel of inserting/removing a magazine. Honestly, it's just me being picky and nothing against the product. If this were attached to a .22LR upper I would probably keep it as is. But since the building bug has hit me (am in the process of building an A2 style.....Anderson MFG lower completed......just waiting on the upper), I just wanted to replace the NFA lower and make this one a QCB type weapon. And then I'll have the NFA lower to build into a .22LR build. BRD has me again!!

Ford_shooter - does Farros Lead Farm in Low Moor have a store that I can stop in or do I need an appointment? Due to how my schedule works, I tend to stop in places as I pass by (or work it into where I might be....).

Shack357 - Mason City......I haven't been in that area for several years. But if I have to make a trip up to MN I will include that as a stop. I have customers on the other side of the border (plus a new guy that could use training)....so that is a distinctive possibility!

Sorry for the all in one response.....but life got involved and the thread grew! Any other thoughts would be much appreciated!

Thanks again!!

Link Posted: 8/13/2014 7:33:34 PM EDT
[#14]
AR pistols are all the rage just saying
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 10:32:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Shack357 - Mason City......I haven't been in that area for several years. But if I have to make a trip up to MN I will include that as a stop. I have customers on the other side of the border (plus a new guy that could use training)....so that is a distinctive possibility!

View Quote

If you do end up driving through, shoot me a PM a couple days out and I'll be glad to stop in and check for you. It would be a lot easier if it wasn't a straw purchase to buy one and you pay it back-if legality wasn't an issue lots would be willing to do something like that. Sadly, none of us are interested in prison so it won't work.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 10:53:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Shack357 - thanks for the offer to stop in check out what they have! I will let you know when I'm rolling that way next!
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 6:41:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I don't stop there super often, but I know M and M Pawn Shop in Davenport has $10 FFL transfer fees. They're at:  1230 N Harrison St, Davenport, IA --  (563) 322-3589. They're almost right across from Central High School. I've never seen stripped lowers there, but the transfers are pretty dang cheap.
View Quote

I stopped in there yesterday on my way home from working downtown to meet them and see what they had on hand. They didn't have much that I was interested in, but they were extremely nice and answered my questions regarding transfers. I look forward to working with them in the future....certainly a place that I won't mind spending money with!

BTW....he keeps his FFL on record with most of the online retailers (and if a place doesn't have his info just give him a call and he will send it out).

Thanks for the recommendation!
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 10:29:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 2:44:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top