Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 7/24/2014 8:18:03 PM EDT
I was in Dubuque today with our Daughter. We decided to go to Buffalo Wild Wings, the last time i stopped there, they had a sign on the doors stating No Firearms allowed.  We did not eat there then.
Today we stopped by, the signage is gone. It was in vinyl letters on both sets of doors when you went in. When I saw the signage was gone, we decided to eat there. Food was, well,  okay, I got to check out a lot of sports action. Motorcycle racing for me, other crap for the daughter.

Have they seen the wisdom of not denying the right to carry? if so is this a corporate wide decision or local operators?

BTW: I wasn't carrying today, the Hospital, Clinic and Orthodontist office don't specifically forbid it, but I rarely carry into those places.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 8:43:30 PM EDT
[#1]
My understanding it is corporate policy. It makes sense they don't post doors in Iowa, since the signs can't stop someone from carrying anyway. I've gone to the BWW in Des Moines on Merle Hay numerous times since moving here, also the West Des Moines location. Neither are posted, and even if they were, I would still carry.

As far as going to the Hospital, chiropractor, and dentist, why voluntarily disarm if you don't need to?
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 9:10:58 PM EDT
[#2]
The place I've banked since I got my first dollar recently put up a no weapons sign their reasoning was we dont want people used to seeing guns in a bank I told them I would be moving my accounts elsewhere they replied all banks are doing this. Yea BS all I have left to do is move my safety deposit box.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 9:38:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Long live Chicken Coop;
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:10:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 9:15:36 AM EDT
[#5]
The BWW by me specifically bans the carrying of Beretta 92FS/M9 and/or the 96 Vortec.

I mean, there is a picture of what is clearly a specific pistol. I agree that they are too large to be used as carry pieces, and stroll right through the doors with M&P 9c or Kahr P45.

Good on them for teaching carry piece sensibility

ETA this:

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 9:16:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The BWW by me specifically bans the carrying of Beretta 92FS/M9 and/or the 96 Vortec.

I mean, there is a picture of what is clearly a specific pistol. I agree that they are too large to be used as carry pieces, and stroll right through the doors with M&P 9c or Kahr P45.

ETA this:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-uw903V9-b2I/UljEV5zqjDI/AAAAAAAADYw/XuBmFZOw8Q0/s320/chi-illinois-state-police-releases-official-no-001.jpg
View Quote

lol...
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 7:27:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

ETA this:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-uw903V9-b2I/UljEV5zqjDI/AAAAAAAADYw/XuBmFZOw8Q0/s320/chi-illinois-state-police-releases-official-no-001.jpg
View Quote

I don't own any of those pictured.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 8:58:11 PM EDT
[#8]
While the sign has no effect on my personal choice to carry, I take their meaning and spend my money accordingly.  Posting such a sign or stating such a policy brings them into the political arena, and I will not support the other side in any way if I can help it.

Link Posted: 7/26/2014 10:00:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Long live Chicken Coop;
View Quote

Best wings in town!
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top