Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 11:16:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If we get more than you and me heading out from Des Moines, save me a passenger spot.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I plan on going from DSM I got room for 4 in my tundra

If we get more than you and me heading out from Des Moines, save me a passenger spot.

Sounds good
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 1:33:18 PM EDT
[#2]
The open house is just a few short days away, what are you wanting to see most?
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 1:43:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Im pretty excited to see that legionnaire.  I am also excited to see michael I think he owes me some where around 27 hugs at this point.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 12:17:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Im pretty excited to see that legionnaire.  I am also excited to see michael I think he owes me some where around 27 hugs at this point.
View Quote

you're being a bit optimistic.  we're only at like 13 to 15 hugs...
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 12:58:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would have settle for 7 sucker.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 1:18:35 PM EDT
[#6]
excited! haven't been too sure until now, but at this point it's 95% that i'll be there. bringing a buddy too, possibly.

mostly interested in the long range stuff, bringing the garand and the mosin to see wat they can do
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 2:39:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Michael.... Will there be anything in the 6.5 creedmore flavor to try out?  I've been thinking about having something put together.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 2:49:33 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

what are you wanting to see most?
View Quote
you're such a tease

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 3:53:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Michael.... Will there be anything in the 6.5 creedmore flavor to try out?  I've been thinking about having something put together.
View Quote

Michael has some sweet 6.5 goodies.  I will probably drag down both of these which are both 6.5cm

my mega gun is being a shit about getting the gas right but if you grab some 6.5 in advance you can definitely shoot any of mine.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 7:43:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

yup.  i'll have suppressed gas and bolt guns both.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 10:06:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Alright!  Thanks Nick and Michael.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 11:26:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Well it usually doesn't bother me to work weekends, but tonight is an exception. Hope you all are having a great time, and I'm glad the weather kind of cooperated for you. I try not to wish bad on people, but I hope y'all are sweating your balls off!
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 2:25:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Thanks Michael and Ryan for putting on a fun evening and bringing out some cool shit for us to play with!
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 9:28:47 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Thanks Michael and Ryan for putting on a fun evening and bringing out some cool shit for us to play with!
View Quote
This

Edited....had a ?

Link Posted: 8/24/2014 10:13:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Michael it was great to finally meet you, and thanks to you and Nightlong Industries for putting this on.

Also thanks for all you do to support 2A in Iowa!
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 12:32:42 PM EDT
[#16]
showed up kinda late, and didn't get a chance to try out any of the long range toys while it was light out. just had time to throw some rounds downrange with my M1 and not hit much. did get 4 for 4 hits @ 200 and banged the steel @ 500 with the suppresed, NVG 5.56

thank you guys for putting this on, and everyone who made it a great time. hopefully next time i can get there with a littl emore light and be able to really meet some more of you guys
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 12:45:20 PM EDT
[#17]
A HUGE thank you to everyone that came out, I was absolutely blown away by the number of people who made it out for the event! I had a lot of fun meeting with everyone and talking about the different products, I was a little overwhelmed and hope I was able to answer most everyones questions. A BIG thanks to CCA for taking the time to set this up and bring out everyone, the IFC for coming out and RSOing for us, and to the many people who were there early and stayed late to help setup and teardown for the event.

Hopefully everyone had fun and were able to see and use some stuff they had been interested in, I personally was having a blast watching everyone shooting and ringing steel at 500 yards!
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 1:32:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Can't wait for some of the pictures to come out.  That new stream light tac light is awesome.  I was telling someone about how pissy the light was last night.  Looked it up this morning and it was only about 3% illum.  With the stream light the 500 light right up I will have one of those on order asap.  I love hearing steal hitting at night and its even better when it is over and over and over again.  I hope to get a bunch more play time with a clip on unit.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 3:04:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Can't wait for some of the pictures to come out.  That new stream light tac light is awesome.  I was telling someone about how pissy the light was last night.  Looked it up this morning and it was only about 3% illum.  With the stream light the 500 light right up I will have one of those on order asap.  I love hearing steal hitting at night and its even better when it is over and over and over again.  I hope to get a bunch more play time with a clip on unit.
View Quote

I for one would love to see some pics!
Wish I would have come....
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 5:43:45 PM EDT
[#20]
I wasn't there, but thanks for putting this on.  Hopefully we can get more people in Iowa serious about long range shooting.  Of course it would help if we had more places to shoot out to a mile like they have out west.  If there is enough interest maybe eventually we could get a place like that here.  I certainly would pay good money even $500+ for a life membership at some place that had a 1500+ yard range.

Once again thanks for doing this!
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 6:02:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Should have had your family skype the wedding to you while you shot guns with us.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 8:30:56 PM EDT
[#22]
That stream light tac pro really rustled my jimmies.   Illum was stupid bad, but thanks to Nightlong industries it was negligible.  Everyone the tried on my ANVIS's seemed to really like being able to see at night. Can't wait for the next one!
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 9:04:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
That stream light tac pro really rustled my jimmies.   Illum was stupid bad, but thanks to Nightlong industries it was negligible.  Everyone the tried on my ANVIS's seemed to really like being able to see at night. Can't wait for the next one!
View Quote

Thanks for pointing out the space station flyover. That was pretty cool. Even cooler through your setup.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 10:01:44 PM EDT
[#24]
waiting patiently for some kick ass pictures!
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 10:46:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Who were the two guys spotting while we shot the nvg stuff? I specifically wanna thank you guys for helping me put 5 of 5 rounds on target @ 200 and 500 yards in the dark! Great feeling indeed! Especially for a first timer.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 11:21:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Jack(cavscouty) was the cool one and I was there.  Things started getting strange because I think a few people were let down they didn't ping steel at 500.  A franken build AR with vortex 2.5-10 glass and PPU PRVI ammo getting hits in 3% illum at 200 is awesome 500 was just icing on the cake.  I wanna say the 200ish meter target couldn't have been full man sized right?(someone can clarify that) but in the least it was about coyote sized and most folks got good hits on it with a good positive ID.

Every time ryan brings his toys out I get damn excited its just such awesome stuff.  I am saving my pennies to hopefully get one of the clip on units we got to shoot.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 11:56:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Jack(cavscouty) was the cool one and I was there.  Things started getting strange because I think a few people were let down they didn't ping steel at 500.  A franken build AR with vortex 2.5-10 glass and PPU PRVI ammo getting hits in 3% illum at 200 is awesome 500 was just icing on the cake.  I wanna say the 200ish meter target couldn't have been full man sized right?(someone can clarify that) but in the least it was about coyote sized and most folks got good hits on it with a good positive ID.

Every time ryan brings his toys out I get damn excited its just such awesome stuff.  I am saving my pennies to hopefully get one of the clip on units we got to shoot.
View Quote

After I sent my first round straight into the dirt, I was glad they let me load an extra round to attempt to hit the 500 yard target. I think I only hit the 200 yard target 2 or 3 times.

Either way, I had a blast. It was my first time shooting through a magnified optic, and first time shooting past 100 yards, so I was just grateful for the opportunity. Getting a couple hits at a range I'd never attempted in 5 shots was icing on the cake for me.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 12:21:27 AM EDT
[#28]
More info on the clip on unit would be appreciated.  Really wanted to go to this, but had the 3-gun shoot the next day...
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 4:42:05 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

For the guys like me that are unfamiliar with night vision can you explain 3% illumination?  I'm guessing that means 3% from being pitch black no light?

Come on man coyote sized target at 200 yards?  A guy with your skills should be able to hit that with an unmagnified red dot.  Seriously though I'm not a guy that likes crowds I prefer to shoot alone, but you are one of the people I'd like to shoot with some time.  I know I post a lot on here and sometimes my words don't come out the way I want them to, but I'm more likeable in person...lol.   I should be picking up my Remington 700 today after work which will then be getting built into a 260 Remington.  Maybe some day we could meet up for some extreme range stuff with our 6.5's.

Good spotters don't get enough credit.  First round hits are always the goal, but in those extreme range situations or difficult winds a good spotter is very nice to help you get on target.  I see now they are trying to replace the spotter with target cams, but I don't have all those fancy electronics devices.  I still have nothing, but a crappy flip phone.  I do want to figure out how to get some video's of some of my long range shooting though.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 8:43:42 AM EDT
[#30]
3% illumination is VERY dark, add in the fact we were shooting in between two tall berms and had scattered cloud cover and it made for really difficult shooting conditions even with night vision. I appreciate everyone's patience as we got everything setup that night, hope it was worth it for you guys!

I was pretty thrilled with how my little Franken-AR shot as well as it did, that PPU 75gr HPBT was shooting well out of it!
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:12:24 AM EDT
[#31]
what are they specs on that gun, if you don't mind me asking? like i said after i shot it, now i need to buy/build a long range toy
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:09:57 AM EDT
[#32]
I'll get some pics up when I get home but specs are:

16" LW50 barrel (medium contour, mid length gas)
Centurion Arms 14" CMR rail
BCM Blem Upper Receiver
AIM BCG
BCM Gunfighter Mod 4 Charging Handle

Palmetto (I think?) lower
White Oak Armament LPK (minus trigger)
Geisselle SSA-E trigger
Ergo Grip
MagPul STR stock

Vortex Optics Viper PST 2.5-10x32FFP
LaRue LT-104 30mm scope mount
Harris BRMS Bipod (6-9")

Ammo was Privi .223 75gr BTHP

Night optic was a Adams Industries Legionnaire with a blem Gen 3 OMNI VII Tube

ETA: Here is a pic of the rifle we used most of the evening
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 9:40:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Some pictures from the night portion of the shoot, sorry for not getting these up earlier!

Hope everyone had fun, learned something and was able to make it home in time
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 9:51:03 PM EDT
[#34]
I desire more pictures.
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 7:47:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Well this is late but thanks to everyone that put up the effort to do this for everyone.  This was my first Time at a organized event  so I was extremely quiet which is not like myself. I didn't introduce myself  at all to anyone. I felt it was really busy and Also it wont be the last time I participate in a event like this so I didn't want to take away anyones time asking questions just to let someone know I attended. The atmosphere was great and the light was shitty but  I had a great time. The toys everyone brought were great. I  Haven't played with that stuff since 04 so it made me feel young again. Thanks everyone
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 7:41:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Thanks for pointing out the space station flyover. That was pretty cool. Even cooler through your setup.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah man, can't believe you didn't see the astronauts through the windows though bro.
Quoted:
Who were the two guys spotting while we shot the nvg stuff? I specifically wanna thank you guys for helping me put 5 of 5 rounds on target @ 200 and 500 yards in the dark! Great feeling indeed! Especially for a first timer.

Our pleasure.  
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 1:38:55 AM EDT
[#37]
oh yea, pics!  Been busy since i got back, prolly be monday or so before i get them uploaded to my site.  On the other hand, Ive put about 400 rounds through my glock this week so not too bad.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 8:59:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Pics, who has them?
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 11:12:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Pics, who has them?
View Quote

I heard a rumor earlier today that they were being hosted in a big sense today and should be done and shared at some point.  I am surprised other folks didn't have phones or cameras out.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 7:29:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I heard a rumor earlier today that they were being hosted in a big sense today and should be done and shared at some point.  I am surprised other folks didn't have phones or cameras out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pics, who has them?

yup.  i think they'll be along shortly.  sucks to have to work for a living.  lol.

patience my grasshopper, patience.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 12:01:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Here is a link to some photos I took.  

http://www.creativeexposuremultimedia.com/p854024522

If you see a picture you like click on it to make it full size and hover over the upper left hand corner and it will pull up a menu that will allow free downloading.

Enjoy
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 3:19:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

If you see a picture you like click on it to make it full size and hover over the upper left hand corner and it will pull up a menu that will allow free downloading.

Enjoy
View Quote

These are awesome dude.  Ryan said you made it sound like they were all kinds of sub par.  Damn good stuff.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 4:59:06 PM EDT
[#43]
That is sub par for me brother. I have high standards.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 5:02:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Oh thanks a bunch btw! Hey if anyone knows the kid in the neon shirt I would love if his dad is aware of being able to download for free
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 5:22:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

These are awesome dude.  Ryan said you made it sound like they were all kinds of sub par.  Damn good stuff.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Enjoy

need to restate that because reading it has a completely different meaning than I meant.  'ryan made it sound like YOU referred to them as being subpar.'

Im gonna get ryan in trouble over something he didn't say!
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 5:43:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

need to restate that because reading it has a completely different meaning than I meant.  'ryan made it sound like YOU referred to them as being subpar.'

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Enjoy

Nah I told Ryan the same thing. They are good. I just wanted better.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 7:07:09 PM EDT
[#47]
great stuff josh.  thank you so much!
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 8:57:03 PM EDT
[#48]
no kidding, thanks Ghost!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top