Link Posted: 7/10/2014 4:50:53 PM EDT
[#3]
In. just let me know what you need.
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 5:00:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Yay!
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 5:22:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm all for it, more shooting the better.
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 5:42:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm in
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 7:07:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Tag
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 8:06:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 8:16:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sounds like fun and I look forward to seeing the AAR but I wouldn't be able to attend...I've finally worked up to "walking" on flat solid ground (after 10+ months) and traversing a course over uneven ground would not be in my best short or long term interest.
View Quote

Is there anything stopping you from high crawling or firing from prone?
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 8:21:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Maybe a Gimp Stage, where people pull you around in a wheel chair.
OR, I have a toboggan kind of plastic thing we could lash you to and drag your ass around like that.
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 8:21:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes, he's Air Force.
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 9:29:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Yes, he's Air Force.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, he's Air Force.

Ahhh! The Chair Force...  So if we put a desk at every firing position with a $1000 super ergonomic computer chair, fill out a work order for each target we want shot, do a safety evaluation for each stage of fire, move this in to a indoor range with air conditioning,  move all the targets to 25 meters or less and give him 6 peons to order around, load his magazines and roll him to each station of fire we should be good to go!
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 9:31:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Pretty much, and...

Nick, sounds like a good time, good luck with it.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 4:35:24 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm in
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 7:41:17 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm in.  I may even drive Northwest if need be.  
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 8:02:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 1:04:45 PM EDT
[#17]
I am In I need to work on rifle though but I might bring my other AR next one its a little lighter
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 8:17:47 PM EDT
[#18]
I don't get on here to much but this sounds like fun, I'm in.  Although I haven't done much of this since my military training... that was a couple years and about 30 pounds ago
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 8:19:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Yep all else fails Im gonna just wander around and shoot state land up here!  I don't care if we just have 10 people do it would be good times and the DSM area is more central.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep all else fails Im gonna just wander around and shoot state land up here!  I don't care if we just have 10 people do it would be good times and the DSM area is more central.

Where is "up here," if it's within an hour of Des Moines, I'm down to drive out and shoot with you any Sunday. State land free shooting sounds good for a weekend getaway.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 8:29:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 8:29:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Yeah the DSM area is more conducive for conductived bath-house operations at cavscouties house

Link Posted: 7/11/2014 8:30:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 8:50:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Im up in the okoboji area.  I think last run down to baxter was a little over 4 hours...I like the dragon area he was showing off it is a bit closer and looks like a nice venue.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where is "up here," if it's within an hour of Des Moines, I'm down to drive out and shoot with you any Sunday. State land free shooting sounds good for a weekend getaway.

Im up in the okoboji area.  I think last run down to baxter was a little over 4 hours...I like the dragon area he was showing off it is a bit closer and looks like a nice venue.

Next summer when my family goes up to Okoboji, I might have to get in touch with you for some shooting. I'm not a big fan of the party scene at the lake, so it'd be cool if I had someone to show me spots to shoot at while they're all getting hammered.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 8:55:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 9:01:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 9:51:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Still recovering from a completely shattered heel bone so crawling or even firing from prone is out as it still involves trying to get back up on the feet.  Bright side is I'm saving money on not shooting any of the ammo stash.

Nick I'll be heading up your way the 3rd of August to take our daughter to a camp for kids of military members...best part is that it's free.
View Quote

You know it would be fun to set up a string of targets and shoot from a moving vehicle... :)

As for the area I found. The guy just got back from out of state, so I should be able to work something out with him some time next week.
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 5:25:58 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Still recovering from a completely shattered heel bone so crawling or even firing from prone is out as it still involves trying to get back up on the feet.  Bright side is I'm saving money on not shooting any of the ammo stash.

Nick I'll be heading up your way the 3rd of August to take our daughter to a camp for kids of military members...best part is that it's free.
View Quote

I hope for a speedy recovery as I know you were hobbling along at the 3gun shoot but it was good chatting with you
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 2:17:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Just so you guys know I'm running this in my iotv with plates. So you should be able to beat my wadling ass.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 6:05:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Just so you guys know I'm running this in my iotv with plates. So you should be able to beat my wadling ass.
View Quote

Are you at least going to wear shoes this time?
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 4:10:00 AM EDT
[#30]
Any word on a venue or possible date yet?  The range near Colfax might be a possibility depending on the date if your still looking for a location.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 9:20:41 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 9:33:07 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I really want to do this and think we can put on something cool but I am thinking it is pretty stupid for me to try and plan an event that will take place 4 hours from where I live.   Mitt have to talk about it when we do the night vision shoot.   I am hoping we can do a long range event this year too.
View Quote

How far are you from Ackley?  I'm still working on setting up something here.  We could do the long range in the AM since the targets are to the West  and then run handgun / rifle in the afternoon.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 9:44:12 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 10:10:29 AM EDT
[#34]
I'm looking to set it up during the first part of September. Going to need the help of those of you that have RSO'd before and have all the targets, vtac boards etc. The guy said $20 per person to use his land, so now we just need a date and course and people and we should be good.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 11:57:04 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
About 3 and a half or so.  I will gladly put on something up here but I don't think people want to make the trip up.  I will make a trip down but it doesn't seem like there is all that much interest aside from the folks who generally come out and if that is the case we can just do an invite only thing and enjoy it more in my eyes.  That new venue you showed looks awesome and I hope to shoot some kind of 3 gun there soon.
View Quote

I would come up I have friends and family up in that part of the state!

uncle and aunt live in Le Mars

cousins live in Sioux City

close friend lives in Spencer

my hometown is Belmond about 2 hour drive

plus boji awesome for water sports
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 12:03:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I'm looking to set it up during the first part of September. Going to need the help of those of you that have RSO'd before and have all the targets, vtac boards etc. The guy said $20 per person to use his land, so now we just need a date and course and people and we should be good.
View Quote

i would do this if you setting it up just let me know if you need help!
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top