Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 12:22:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Edit
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 4:08:32 PM EDT
[#2]

Quote redacted on request.

Easy my friend,I don't think he was trying to bang on the three gun nation here.
I think he was talking about the old days,when we went to Michael's,built a few guns and shot after a nice potluck lunch.
I don't think he was trying to put a negative slant on all the guys who worked their ass off to put together the three gun.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 4:22:33 AM EDT
[#3]
^
I

this...
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 7:26:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 9:43:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't want to be anywhere if jtrout is banging stuff.  Some things can't be unseen.
View Quote

Hey,I was young and needed the money...
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 9:55:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I don't want to be anywhere if jtrout is banging stuff.  Some things can't be unseen.
View Quote

Light humor to calm the situation.  

I may have a line on us being able to rent for a small fee what used to be an action coybow action shooter range.  They have removed the buildings, but there is still a tunnel we can use and we can shoot out 500 yards +.  I'm going to get some more details and see if full auto fire is OK.  Shooting there would be mostly from high ground down in to a small valley. Cows pasture out there so we might have the occasional land mine, but they keep the grass down and would keep us on out toes.  Cows would of course be moved to a different pasture for the shoot.  Area is about 45 miles west of cedar falls.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 10:02:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 3:54:40 PM EDT
[#8]
I stand corrected, we can get out to around 800 meters on the range. Going to head over there and take some pics of the area now.

Walking around there it looks like this pic might be a good shooting layout.  We'd have to box the handguns before moving to rifle since we would be changing the shooting direction.

Shotgun area:

Pistol area:

Sniper Shoot area to the left of the pic and rifle to the right side.  Couldn't get any pics from the rifle angle due to a some what pissed off looking cow trying to find her calf:

Link Posted: 7/7/2014 7:31:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Wow...looks sweet.  Interested.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 8:20:45 PM EDT
[#10]
The person who owns this land recently purchased it and is already doing trap shoots there, but word is he is thinking about setting it up for other shoots including 3 to 4 3 gun shoots a year. Also sounds like he may be interested in purchasing a bunch of steel targets. When i talk to him ill be sure to put him in contact with Accurate and ill show him my hostage target i got from you as an example of your work.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 9:18:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 5:30:44 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm totally in on
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 6:01:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Judging by the map, that's under 10 miles from where I grew up. I've also got a handful of blem/testing targets I'd be willing to lend out if the land owner wants to do a trial run shoot sometime as well.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 6:49:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
he is thinking about setting it up for other shoots including 3 to 4 3 gun shoots a year
View Quote

Awesome! IDPA style or USPSA/3GN style?  Sounds exciting!  You might tell him to get on here if he does Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/3GunIowa/

and here as well: http://www.iashooters.org/forumdisplay.php?49-3-Gun-Clubs-amp-Matches

And of course this forum...
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 9:45:47 AM EDT
[#15]
But can we shoot there in the dark...?
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 10:02:13 AM EDT
[#16]
I will be sure to ask him those questions...  I will probably try to influence him towards USPDA type events as there seem to be plenty of IDPA format ones already. Seems most of the people on here would prefer that type of event as well from the posts I've seen in other threads.
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 6:20:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I will be sure to ask him those questions...  I will probably try to influence him towards USPSA type events as there seem to be plenty of IDPA format ones already. Seems most of the people on here would prefer that type of event as well from the posts I've seen in other threads.
View Quote

I'd certainly prefer it.  The 3GN ruleset is easy to understand, USPSA's is more in-depth but very similar.

There is no official IDPA multigun, just a provisional ruleset that is pretty loose unlike the regular IDPA rulebook.  If you're doing four matches a year, being affiliated with one of the national clubs (USPSA/3GN) would be nice for those who shoot a lot.  But hell, just another option would be nice!
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 7:31:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Once I get healthy again I'd be interested in this as well.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top