Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2014 5:51:10 AM EDT
Or you may be "wounded in an accident."

http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/Hampton-Officer-Wounded-in-Accident-at-Gun-Range-256336231.html

Where I came from, they just called that "shootin yourself in the hand due to negligent gun safety"
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:23:37 AM EDT
[#1]
I really, really want to reply about a "trained firearms instructor, Law enforcement officer, only one qualified to posses firearms" person getting injured due to poor handling.

But I won't. I don't know the officer and  maybe he is a humble, down to earth man who doesn't claim to be superior to regular citizens type.

I wish him well.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:37:26 AM EDT
[#2]
What I hate about this is how they worded the original story. It would lead  non-gun types to believe that guns accidentally go off by themselves.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:13:23 AM EDT
[#3]
My dad is the former Chief of Police in Hampton. He was telling me about this on Easter. Not something you'd expect to see an instructor doing...
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 12:37:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What I hate about this is how they worded the original story. It would lead  non-gun types to believe that guns accidentally go off by themselves.
View Quote

Which can happen, on low-quality, broken, or flawed machines. But rarely. (Note the Remington 700 recall - triggers allowed a discharge when a dumb person left a loaded weapon on the bench and went downrange.)
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:09:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I hope he heals quickly, and I hope that others who are familiar with firearms will take it as reminder to guard against complacency.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:54:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I really, really want to reply about a "trained firearms instructor, Law enforcement officer, only one qualified to posses firearms" person getting injured due to poor handling.

But I won't. I don't know the officer and  maybe he is a humble, down to earth man who doesn't claim to be superior to regular citizens type.

I wish him well.

View Quote

Your post made me think of this vid

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 8:32:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I wish him well.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I wish him well.

Quoted:
Your post made me think of this vid

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 7:20:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I hope he heals quickly, and I hope that others who are familiar with firearms will take it as reminder to guard against complacency.

View Quote

This.

We all know internet commandos never make mistakes.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top