Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2014 5:01:37 AM EDT
I'm looking for a gun friendly attorney, preferably in Iowa, to form an NFA Trust.  I have made several calls and still can't find someone local and reputable.  Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:16:01 AM EDT
[#1]
No NFA items allowed in Iowa unless you are a dealer.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:38:10 AM EDT
[#2]
I understand civilians can't own NFA items in IA, but does that mean I can't legally form an NFA Trust?
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:58:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I understand civilians can't own NFA items in IA, but does that mean I can't legally form an NFA Trust?
View Quote

1) ALL NON-MILITARY LAW ENFORCEMENT ARE CIVILIANS (the misuse of that term really annoys me, it's a false dichotomy and only serves to create false otherizations of LEOs vs. everyone else, and that's a very bad thing.)
2) civilians could own through a FFL business, after they are forced to waste many thousands of dollars on federal licensure and hoop jumping
3) You may form the trust, it's really just a property trust with some custom modifications. There is no demand though for "NFA Trusts" here since 99.9% of NFA items are effectively prohibited to 99.99% of the population.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 5:52:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

correct.  no citizen ownership or ownership via trust either.

Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top