Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

CVO is promoting IGO on their facebook page :(

CVO?

Cedar Valley Outfitters

10-4 thanks for enlightening me.

Perhaps we all need to enlighten CVO.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=763638883675818&id=140145479358498&comment_id=7145155¬if_t=comment_mention

Seems like CVO doesn't really care from the response they give.

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 2:34:21 PM EDT
[#2]
CVO sounds like a douche.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 6:57:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 6:29:35 PM EDT
[#4]
In a National Association for Gun Rights email.....

~ "Earlier today I was contacted by Aaron Dorr of Iowa Gun Owners (NAGR's state affiliate).

He informed me that U.S. Senate candidate Mark Jacobs was flat-out REFUSING to fill out his 2014 Iowa Gun Owners Candidate Survey!

Why would a candidate for U.S. Senate where you live not want to put in writing exactly where he stands on specific Second Amendment issues?

That's why I'm urging you to call Mark Jacobs RIGHT NOW!

INSIST he return his Iowa Gun Owners Candidate Survey right away." ~

I didn't know for sure, but now I do....  the NAGR is for sure in with the IGO.

Link Posted: 5/16/2014 8:49:59 AM EDT
[#5]
interesting stuff isn't it?  now you see how this works.  the IGO clan got their template and start up money from dudley at NAGR.  so now when they harvest your money, a portion goes back to dudley at NAGR to pay off the debt...

shysters...

check this one out:

Dudley Brown's Deception....

Dudley Brown’s Despicable Deception

15 May 2014 | News & Releases

Dudley Brown and his “National Association for Gun Rights” (NAGR) have built a reputation by attacking every other major gun rights organization and even pro-gun politicians, to the detriment of the gun rights movement. His rhetoric has done more to marginalize Second Amendment activism than all of the slanders from gun prohibition lobbying groups combined.Now Dudley has spewed his venom toward Alan Gottlieb, a true champion of Second Amendment advocacy with a proven track record of accomplishment. Gottlieb is founder and executive vice president of the Second Amendment Foundation (SAF), and chairman of the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms (CCRKBA).

In his latest effort to raise money for his own self-aggrandizement, Dudley Brown has launched a vicious canard against Alan Gottlieb, accusing the veteran gun rights advocate of “Leading the fight for national gun registration.”

Alan Gottlieb has never advocated for gun registration in his life. His legislative efforts have been to prevent that, and Dudley knows it.

Sean Tonner, deputy chief of staff for former Republican Colorado Gov. Bill Owens, was quoted by The Denver Magazine, asserting, “All Dudley wanted to do was create controversy. He makes his money when there’s turmoil, real or perceived, because that’s what gets his members to write him checks.”

It is time to call Dudley what he is, a political bomb-throwing bully whose stock in trade is to incite distrust and discontent within the ranks of the gun rights movement to enhance his own fund-raising efforts and power base.

Instead of directing his energies toward fighting the real enemy, Dudley Brown has attacked other gun rights organizations in an effort to elevate his own group, but at what cost to gun rights?

Perhaps he believes the only way to raise his own status outside the borders of Colorado is to trample on people and organizations with whom he should be allied for the common cause of advancing Second Amendment rights, rather than inflating his own ego.

When anti-gunners see people in the gun rights movement attacking one another they cheer. Such vicious attacks provide aid and comfort to the enemies of the Second Amendment.

WHERE WAS DUDLEY?

The Second Amendment Foundation has championed gun rights legal actions and won in federal courts and the U.S. Supreme Court. Remember, it was SAF that took McDonald v. City of Chicago to the Supreme Court and won. Where was Dudley?

SAF and CCRKBA have conducted the annual Gun Rights Policy Conference for more than 25 years, bringing together major gun rights leaders with grassroots activists to unify and expand the gun rights movement. Where was Dudley?

When SAF and the National Rifle Association joined forces to stop the unconstitutional gun grab in New Orleans following Hurricane Katrina, where was Dudley?

When SAF and NRA joined forces to defeat the San Francisco gun ban, where was Dudley?

When SAF, NRA and CCRKBA joined forces to defeat the City of Seattle’s parks gun ban – thus strengthening state preemption in Washington state and providing a lesson for anyone who might challenge other states’ preemption laws, where was Dudley?

When the International Association for the Protection of Civilian Arms Rights (IAPCAR) was created, Alan Gottlieb was there to help bring together an organization that now has member groups from every continent and several nations. Where was Dudley?

When multi-national gun rights organizations gather in Europe to resist global gun control efforts, Alan Gottlieb is there, but where is Dudley?

Where is Dudley? We’ll ask again: WHERE – IS – DUDLEY? He is AWOL!

CCRKBA is currently fighting oppressive gun control legislation in Washington State, to prevent passage of the kind of gun laws that were adopted in Colorado, right under Dudley’s nose. Instead of isolating CCRKBA – as is Dudley’s “my way or the highway” style – Alan Gottlieb has helped bring together a coalition of organizations that includes gun collectors, hunters, competitors and law enforcement professionals. Their goal is to prevent expansion of federally-mandated background checks and state handgun registration, and prohibit government gun confiscation (a’la post-Katrina New Orleans).

Where is Dudley now? Maybe he’s trying to figure out how to exploit this battle to raise funds that would never be spent in Washington State, and perhaps even to scuttle the grassroots gun rights effort there. Remember, his forte is to create turmoil, exploit it and raise money from it, not win battles.

WHERE DUDLEY WASN’T

Two years ago, Dudley tried to claim credit for a lawsuit victory that wasn’t his, in a case he didn’t pay for.

When Students for Concealed Carry won a judgment against the University of Colorado, Dudley created the impression that it was his victory, claiming in an e-mail fund-raiser that his “National Foundation for Gun Rights” and Dudley’s Colorado-based Rocky Mountain Gun Owners (RMGO) had “successfully overturned the college campus gun ban in the Colorado Supreme Court.”

SCC President Daniel Crocker sent a blistering letter to Dudley that criticized him for “misleading remarks for the pecuniary gain of your organizations…”

In that letter, Crocker stated that Dudley’s message was “not only misleading but patently false.”

What was Dudley’s contribution to that case? RMGO provided an amicus brief. Alan Gottlieb and SAF also filed an amicus brief in that case, but they never claimed credit for winning the case.

Dudley claimed to be at the United Nations for the Arms Trade Treaty conference, yet nobody saw him in the building, but they did see Alan Gottlieb there, fighting to protect Americans’ gun rights.

IS DUDLEY BROWN A CHARLATAN?

Last year, the Minnesota Gun Owners Civil Rights Alliance felt it necessary to respond to one of Brown’s e-mails regarding legislation that the MGOCRA had been supporting. Without naming him, the group posted a message on its Facebook page stating, “There is an inflammatory email being sent to Minnesotans by an out-of-state individual who has never actually accomplished anything for Minnesota gun rights (or those of any other state that we can see).

“The real purpose of this email is the same as all the rest of the emails this individual sends: to solicit donations,” the message added.

Last year, when NAGR launched an attack fund raiser against Wayne LaPierre and the National Rifle Association, gun owners in North Carolina became fed up. Some members of the NC Gun Owners forum asked questions such as, “Where was Dudley Brown during the Senate hearing on AWB and Magazine limitations?” Another observed, “I never liked an organization or person trying to build themselves up by putting others down.” A third noted, “I have not supported them at all, as I feel they are opportunists that seem to be looking for donations more than actually helping the fight.”

While SAF has as its motto “Winning firearms freedom one lawsuit at a time,” and CCRKBA’s motto is “The Common Sense Gun Lobby,” Dudley may as well say that his motto is “Destroying the gun rights movement from within, one selfish attack at a time.”

We have never made it a practice to disparage other gun rights organizations. That’s not constructive, nor does it further the cause of Second Amendment freedom. We are all supposed to be in this fight together.

However, we cannot ignore this calumny, especially from someone whose rhetoric has gun owners constantly fighting one another, rather than uniting against a common enemy.

What Dudley Brown and NAGR have done with his e-mail attack on Alan Gottlieb is deliberately divisive, disturbingly deceitful and downright despicable.

And Alan Gottlieb isn’t asking for a penny from anyone with this e-mail. He’s just setting the record straight.
Link Posted: 5/16/2014 9:26:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Just posted that letter to my Facebook page.
Link Posted: 5/23/2014 1:28:48 PM EDT
[#7]
I see on IGO's facebook page they are now offering a bounty for some sort of signature from Joni Ernst and Mark Jacobs.  

Link Posted: 5/24/2014 10:09:29 AM EDT
[#8]
yup...  that's how people with character and integrity conduct themselves, right?

they've shown to every who has filled out their survey that they use it like a razor blade...  why on earth would you mess with them?  most people i know fill out the NRA survey and send THE NRA survey back to them.  lol.

that shuts them up...
Link Posted: 5/24/2014 9:46:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Seems like CVO doesn't really care from the response they give.

View Quote

Yup.  Guess I no longer care about supporting them.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 10:03:47 PM EDT
[#10]
As luck would have it, sometimes we don't even need to lift a finger for folks to figure out that they're not what they appear to be...

https://www.facebook.com/MikeDotCampbell/posts/10154420204755694
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 9:28:33 AM EDT
[#11]
bump...  

now these liars have a 'foundation' set up to take your money as tax deductible generosity.  could it be to keep the money coming while chris and aaron dorr are nabbed for their collaboration in the kent sorenson debacle?  

yup...
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 9:36:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Shitbag motherfuckers.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 9:05:36 PM EDT
[#13]
I was poking around the IA Legislative website tonight looking up some code related to concealed carry. Out of curiosity I checked to see what groups lobbied for and against the bill back in 2010, and wouldn't you know Mr. Aaron Dorr lobbying on behalf of Iowa Gun Owners is right there at the top of the list of organizations AGAINST Shall Issue.

Almost makes me sick to think about how many people they've duped into believing they were the ones who got it passed. Here's the official state record of groups for and against - Shall Issue - 2010 - Lobbist declarations

Note the very bottom, in which Iowa Firearms Coalition had not one, but 4 registered lobbyists working to pass Shall Issue.

I know it's been a while since this was passed, but just another example of IGO's dishonest ways.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:50:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I was poking around the IA Legislative website tonight looking up some code related to concealed carry. Out of curiosity I checked to see what groups lobbied for and against the bill back in 2010, and wouldn't you know Mr. Aaron Dorr lobbying on behalf of Iowa Gun Owners is right there at the top of the list of organizations AGAINST Shall Issue.

Almost makes me sick to think about how many people they've duped into believing they were the ones who got it passed. Here's the official state record of groups for and against - Shall Issue - 2010 - Lobbist declarations

Note the very bottom, in which Iowa Firearms Coalition had not one, but 4 registered lobbyists working to pass Shall Issue.

I know it's been a while since this was passed, but just another example of IGO's dishonest ways.
View Quote

If you want to keep track of at least some of their shenanigans get on their email list. The BS will enlighten you as an informed individual. Sad part is their BS goes to so many who are not informed and becomes the truth. I remember getting their emails about how our Shall Issue was a compromise and that Constitutional Carry was the only way to go. Then when our bill passed they claimed having passed it saying that Iowa Gun Owners got Shall Issue passed and how it was such a good thing. I think they use their name interchangeably by just adding capitol letters. It was Iowa gun owners who with the legislative push of the old Iowa Carry that got it passed but by capitalizing Iowa Gun Owners it becomes them. Nice play on words don't you think? I have noticed this several times in their emails on other things they have laid claim to.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 10:36:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
If you want to keep track of at least some of their shenanigans get on their email list. The BS will enlighten you as an informed individual. Sad part is their BS goes to so many who are not informed and becomes the truth. I remember getting their emails about how our Shall Issue was a compromise and that Constitutional Carry was the only way to go. Then when our bill passed they claimed having passed it saying that Iowa Gun Owners got Shall Issue passed and how it was such a good thing. I think they use their name interchangeably by just adding capitol letters. It was Iowa gun owners who with the legislative push of the old Iowa Carry that got it passed but by capitalizing Iowa Gun Owners it becomes them. Nice play on words don't you think? I have noticed this several times in their emails on other things they have laid claim to.
View Quote

Ya, here's a sampling of their emails headlines, but the headlines don't come close to describing the level of crazy in the rest of the email.
Amendment here in Iowa. ....
Will You Help Us Keep These Ads Running in Iowa? - Iowa Gun Owner is trying to send you an important email regarding the fight to defend the 2nd Amendment here in Iowa. ....
Savage .338 Lapua Giveaway!! - Iowa Gun Owner is trying to send you an important email regarding the fight to defend the 2nd Amendment here in Iowa. ....
Law Abiding Gun Owner Facing 10 Years in Prison - Take Action! - Iowa Gun Owner is trying to send you an important email regarding the fight to defend the 2nd Amendment here in Iowa. ....
Iowa Gun Owners is Under Attack - Please Help! - Iowa Gun Owner is trying to send you an important email regarding the fight to defend the 2nd Amendment here in Iowa. ....
Make Sure Senator Grassley Hears from You! - Iowa Gun Owner is trying to send you an important email regarding the fight to defend the 2nd Amendment here in Iowa. ....
Iowa Gun Owners is Under Attack - Please Help! - Iowa Gun Owner is trying to send you an important email regarding the fight to defend the 2nd Amendment here in Iowa. ....
Burlington, IA City Council Stopped by Gun Owners - For Now! - Iowa Gun Owner is trying to send you an important email regarding the fight to defend the 2nd Amendment here in Iowa. ....
Burlington, IA City Council Out of Control! - Iowa Gun Owner is trying to send you an important email regarding the fight to defend the 2nd Amendment here in Iowa. ....
Don't Miss Out - Get Your Free IGO T-Shirt TODAY! - Iowa Gun Owner is trying to send you an important email regarding the fight to defend the 2nd Amendment here in Iowa. ....
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 9:32:02 PM EDT
[#16]
I kinda want a free IGO tee shirt to wear next time I head to Septic's.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 11:41:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Yeah, it is the IGO is under attack ones that have the pleas for money to defend themselves legally. Not sure if I have them anymore. Will have to look later when I have more time.

Yammerschooner you would be all the rage if you did that. Just be prepared for the onslaught that may come your way, but then I am sure that is your full intention.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 1:30:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Well since a nice pop up storm has ruined my efforts to sand and paint a boat trailer and prime and paint the flat bottom I looked up the old emails  I mentioned above.

Dear xxxxx,                          July 30, 2014                  
Almost every day, my attorney tells me about a brand-new legal threat Iowa Gun Owners is facing.

At first, I laughed it all off. Iowa Gun Owners plays by the rules, after all. We don’t break laws -- or even bend them -- like so many other organizations do.

But after talking with my attorney, the sheer political witch-hunt Iowa Gun Owners is facing today from gun-grabbers in BOTH parties is no laughing matter.

You see, the gun-grabbers want so badly to seize control of our entire State Government in Des Moines.

And they know Iowa Gun Owners’ work EXPOSING every one of their handpicked candidates has become a MAJOR roadblock to their efforts.

So they’re going all-out to shut us up ahead of the November 2014 elections!

As you’ll see below, I need your answer on a brief three-question Iowa Gun Owners’ Member Ballot.

Won’t you please fill it out IMMEDIATELY?

The truth is, I simply must have your advice right away.

As it stands right now, I do not have the funds to fight back against all the legal assaults we’re now facing -- AND run a full election year program -- at the same time.

Unfortunately – at this moment -- I can’t fill you in on every detail of what I’m up against. But I can tell you this is what it’s all about: Sour grapes.

You see, during the 2014 primary season, there were more than a few candidates who were flat-out INCENSED that I publicized their anti-gun records and survey responses to pro-Second Amendment Iowans.

For years, politicians have thought the votes they cast in the halls of our General Assembly were simply none of our business.

I guess they think we’re just supposed to believe whatever they say on the campaign trail is the Gospel truth!

That way they can whittle away at our most cherished freedoms without ever having to worry about the voters back home.

I’ve never believed that’s the way politics should work -- not for a second.

I still believe politicians work for us, not the other way around.

That’s why I started Iowa Gun Owners in the first place.

Without organizations like Iowa Gun Owners out there to call politicians to the carpet for their records, I shudder to think how many MORE of our freedoms would have already been tossed by the wayside.

Since Iowa Gun Owners’ formation, we’ve beaten back every one -- EVERY ONE -- of the gun-grabbers’ assaults.

We’ve also brought concealed carry reform to the forefront of Iowa politics, leading to the passage of “shall issue” in 2009.

After we ran a major statewide campaign exposing the gun-grabbers in Des Moines in 2010, the anti-gun Democrat majority went down in flames at the ballot box.

And after the Republican Party’s dismal performance nationwide in 2012, every one of Iowa Gun Owners’ pro-Second Amendment champions were reelected in the last election.

That’s why they want to shut us up so badly ahead of November 2014.

BILLIONAIRE anti-gun activist and former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg has already announced he’s spending up to $25 MILLION to defeat pro-Second Amendment candidates at the polls in 2014.

I have no doubt a fat chunk of that change will be spent right here in Iowa.

If he succeeds, I’m afraid you and I could see an all-out anti-gun assault in 2014, including:

*** STATEWIDE GUN REGISTRATION UNDER THE GUISE OF UNIVERSAL “BACKGROUND CHECKS.”

As a former cop, I can tell you the only way such a scheme can be enforced is if the government keeps records of every gun and gun owner. And as you and I know, registration is just the first step toward CONFSICATION;

*** SO-CALLED “MENTAL HEALTH” LEGISLATION.

Laws already exist to prevent those who are adjudicated as unstable from owning firearms. What the gun-grabbers really want is the ability for some bureaucrat to check a box in an ObamaCare database -- just because they don’t like your race, religion or politics -- and see you lose your gun rights forever!

*** A STATEWIDE SO-CALLED “ASSAULT WEAPONS” BAN.

It’s already been widely discussed among the gun-grabbers here in Iowa. Should anti-gun Democrats regain their majority, it won’t be long until they go all-out to ban guns they call “assault weapons” -- starting with semi-automatic rifles, shotguns and even handguns.

That’s why our 2014 election year program has never been more important.

In fact, until just a few days ago, my hope was to run the biggest program in Iowa Gun Owners’ history leading up to the November elections -- using mail, emails, Internet ads, and even hard-hitting newspaper, radio and TV ads if I could raise the money to pay for them.

But I’m afraid, as it stands right now, I won’t be able to fund both a full-scale legal defense AND this election year effort.

I know we’ve done nothing wrong. But I can’t imagine just sitting back and hoping I don’t run into an anti-gun judge or prosecutor in the courtroom. I have to prepare for the worst -- or else, I could be a sitting duck.

So I need you to tell me what to do:

OPTION #1   Should I ignore the legal threats, hope              nothing bad happens and go all-in with a             full-scale election year program?

OPTION #2   Should I just give in to the gun-grabbers,             cut off all of Iowa Gun Owners’ election year             programs and put all my focus into these             frivolous legal threats? But if I choose this             option, I know I’ll just be emboldening them             to try it again and again in the future.

OPTION #3   Or should I FIGHT BACK on all fronts and keep             my legal and election year programs running             at full blast?

Please cast your vote immediately!

I know what I want to do.

But I don’t have millions of dollars sitting around in the bank like Michael Bloomberg and his pals.

Iowa Gun Owners is run on a shoestring budget.

OPTION #3 just really isn’t an “option” without a massive and IMMEDIATE influx of funds from Iowa Gun Owners’ members and supporters.

So if this is the option you choose, won’t you please agree to your most generous contribution of $100 TODAY?

I know that’s far more than you’ve given in the past.

But the stakes couldn’t be higher.

Of course, if $100 is just too much, won’t you please agree to $75 or at least $35 right away?

With the November elections right around the corner and critical races heating up, I need to hear from you right away.

Please fill out your Iowa Gun Owners’ Member Ballot IMMEDIATELY.

For Freedom,

Aaron Dorr
Executive Director

P.S. Iowa Gun Owners is under legal attack!

The gun-grabbers are going all-out to shut me up ahead of the November 2014 elections.

I have some very critical decisions to make in a matter of just a couple of weeks, and I need to hear from you right away.

So please cast your vote today!

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 1:33:57 PM EDT
[#19]
And another one a week later that also includes the previous one which I have omitted for redundancy sake.

Dear xxxxx,               August 7, 2014

Last week I sent you an important email about a major decision I have to make on behalf of Iowa Gun Owners in light of a recent legal threat that has been leveled at us.

Angry legislators, who no doubt want us to tremble at their lawsuit threats, clearly don’t want IGO and IGO members doing what we do best: exposing the records of anti-gun legislators as the voters go to the polls in the November elections.

Make no mistake, as a non-profit we do not endorse candidates, that’s the job of the Iowa Gun Owners PAC.

But through targeted direct mail, focused internet advertising, and mass email deployments, we make sure that Iowa gun owners are educated about where the candidates stand based on their votes and their candidate surveys.

Some have advised me to sit this cycle out in hopes of not further angering anti-gun legislators.

I hate the thought of that, because that’s exactly what they want. If we duck now, this will happen every two years.

On the other hand, we can’t ignore these threats and not prepare for them.

I want to do both. I think we need to do both. But I want to hear from you first.

Please read the email below, think about it, and cast your vote.

If you agree with me that we need to press ahead full steam, then please help out in any way you can financially so that we can run the largest educational program we’ve ever run this fall while still preparing for this threat.

For Freedom,

Aaron Dorr
Executive Director
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 9:04:46 AM EDT
[#20]
hahahha, IGO "always plays by the rules" hahhaa. Playing by the rules still allows you to be a rude, lying, asshole with no morals, like many politicians that "play by the runes".
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top