Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/1/2017 6:19:52 PM EDT
Hello all,

I am looking for some hints or advice if I could. My daughter did not draw a tag here in NV this year, and I drew a doe antelope tag.   I have time off in September which has been scheduled for a while and do to staffing and training, it is unlikely that it will be changed.

I love the Black Hills area, and see the youth hunt opportunity for deer.  

I want to take my family over there again this year.   Hunt with my daughter a couple days and then see a few sights one or two days then come back.  

We are thinking of camping in the Hill City area.   I want to see the Crazy Horse, Reptile Gardens and My Rushmore.   We have been before my youngest daughter was born and I have been as few times myself.  For some reason, it doesn't get old for me there.  

I am looking for advice on hunting for doe deer there in the forest, or trying to find a willing landowner that might allow access that would be in close proximity (within an hour drive) of the area.  Nothing is set in stone, and I would consider going anywhere from Hot Springs to just north of Hill City as a camping area.  

I would also like some info on how the crowds are.  I don't want to go into too many details of specific dates on the forum.  I also don't want to have my daughter shoot a deer in a campground with tourists looking on.  

Thanks and any help is appreciated
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top